View Poll Results: Who do you think can become an American?

Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only those of English ancestry (not including Germans, Scandinavians...)

9 3.49%
  • Only those of English and/or other Germanic ancestry (including Germans, Scandinavians...)

84 32.56%
  • Only those of European ancestry (including Italians, Poles...)

83 32.17%
  • Anyone

66 25.58%
  • Other

16 6.20%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Who Can Become an American?

Last Online
    3 Hours Ago @ 01:53 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    North Western Europe
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spjabork View Post
    Who "can" become an American (apparently this refers to a citizen of the United States of America) is stated in the immigration laws of that said United States, which are presently in force. These laws are made by the Congress of the United States, and approved by the President of the United States. Whoever feels not content with these laws, or disagrees with their application, must strive to get a majority in the Congress of the United States, in order to change the immigration laws and/or their application according to his taste.
    The initial Naturalization Act, was quite clear that citizenship of the USA was for free, white people ONLY.

CHAP, IIT.—...to establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization.(a) March 26,1790.
    SECTION 1. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That any alien, being a free white person, who shall have resided within the limits and under the jurisdiction of the United States for the term of two years, may be admitted to become a citizen thereof, on application to any common law court of record, in any one of the states wherein he shall have resided for the term of one year at least, and making proof to the satisfaction of such court, that he is a person of good character, and taking the oath or affirmation prescribed by law, to 'support the constitution of the United States, which oath or affirmation such court shall administer; and the clerk of such court shall record such application, ....
    http://legisworks.org/sal/1/stats/STATUTE-1-Pg103.pdf
    To me it's obvious that the Founding Fathers didn't envision anything else than a WHITE America. The idea of a multiracial America were people are equal regardless of race was absurd to them.

Last Online
    Sunday, November 12th, 2017 @ 07:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Silesia Silesia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theunissen View Post
    The initial Naturalization Act, was quite clear
    That is why I wrote: "... which are presently in force."

The problem will all laws, and sorts of "constitutions" is, that they are changeable.
    that citizenship of the USA was for free, white people ONLY.
    That would be in clear contradiction with the Declaration of Independence, which stated that all men are created "equal", and that they are endowed by their creator with certain, unalienable rights, and that among them are life, liberty etc.

The FF made really a bad start when they started by contradicting themselves.
    To me it's obvious that the Founding Fathers didn't envision anything else than a WHITE America. The idea of a multiracial America were people are equal regardless of race was absurd to them.
    If that was really so, then they perhaps should have been more outspoken on that issue. And not in private talk, but in official documents.

Last Online
    Wednesday, November 28th, 2018 @ 04:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Preußen und Sachsen
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    German Empire German Empire
    Family
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Only those of English and/or other Germanic ancestry (including Germans, Scandinavians...)

I base my choice on two main factors:

1. those were the ethnicities of the first settlers in the US, who discovered & build the country and established its laws
    2. they are the most assimilable, hard working and least troublesome people, who could make good American citizens
    The same as I voted and for the same reasons.

On a semi-related, yet unrelated note; While I'm thankful to reside within an area of "Middle America" that is very rural and disconnected from the regions where this seemingly perpetual onslaught of social / civil unrest are currently ongoing... I'm closely monitoring (and have been for some time now) this situation via the internet and have been seriously pondering whether or not the Balkanization of the US is inevitable at some point in the future.

Precisely how, what events may be the catalyst and upon what lines the US may be divided upon remain elusive for me. Am I the only one out here foreseeing this as a realistic outcome at some point?

And if this were to come to fruition, excluding the casualties and innocent lives that would unfortunately be lost in the process; I can't say that I would shed a single tear... not for the collapse of the Washington power structure, at least.

Last Online
    Thursday, December 28th, 2017 @ 09:01 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Staff note: discussion has been split from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ediruc View Post
    But, the only reason I will stand for the flag is because it still represents the original ideas our Founding Fathers tried to find this country on. They founded this country with the purpose of being another enclave for western European people.
    Do you know any source about who exactly they even meant by "white" in the Naturalization Act of 1790 except for Ben Franklin saying he wanted only English and Saxons?

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 10:07 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    German-American and proud
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by North Vinlander View Post
    Do you know any source about who exactly they even meant by "white" in the Naturalization Act of 1790 except for Ben Franklin saying he wanted only English and Saxons?
    Franklin wrote frequently on primarily Western Europeans being the majority of the US. I know some were against Germans immigrating in, but they realized that was silly because Germans are racially identical to them.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    609 Posts
    Franklin wrote frequently on primarily Western Europeans being the majority of the US. I know some were against Germans immigrating in, but they realized that was silly because Germans are racially identical to them.
    Franklin wrote both good and bad things about German immigrants.

In order to understand what the founding fathers were thinking, you have to put things into the context of the 18Th century way of thinking.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Franklin wrote both good and bad things about German immigrants.

In order to understand what the founding fathers were thinking, you have to put things into the context of the 18Th century way of thinking.
    I know one primary opposition they had to German immigrants at first was the fact that the British had German mercenaries fighting for them during the Revolutionary War. But, other than that, Germans were the least resented among those who immigrated into the country at any period. Germans pretty much established the Midwest as a dairy country for America. I'd say the Irish took the most hatred, because Anglo-Americans still were influenced in their thought processes from the British. They were even relegated to the status of Africans, which is why so many blacks in America today claim they have Irish blood in them, because Irish were forced to live in impoverish areas with them and it resulted in race mixing.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I know one primary opposition they had to German immigrants at first was the fact that the British had German mercenaries fighting for them during the Revolutionary War.
    Franklin's opposition to German immigration was in the period before the Revolution. It was mainly because there were so many of them as a proportion of the pre-Revolution poulation. They were 30% of Pennsylvania's population at the time of independence. And they settled in ethnic enclaves. They were alien to Franklin who came from a New England that was basically Anglo-Saxon in the 18th century much of it of East Anglia origins.

^ This is the origins of most German - and Dutch and Swiss - immigrants to America in the 18th century.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    Franklin's opposition to German immigration was in the period before the Revolution. It was mainly because there were so many of them as a proportion of the pre-Revolution poulation. They were 30% of Pennsylvania's population at the time of independence. And they settled in ethnic enclaves. They were alien to Franklin who came from a New England that was basically Anglo-Saxon in the 18th century much of it of East Anglia origins.

^ This is the origins of most German - and Dutch and Swiss - immigrants to America in the 18th century.
    Funny enough, there was a significant German population in Louisiana and along the Missouri River, long before Americans purchased the territory from the French.

Last Online
    Thursday, December 28th, 2017 @ 09:01 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Here's the infamous Ben Franklin quote:

Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion.

24. Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased. And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red? But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind.
    Typical English girl (not the rosy cheeks and delicate features):

Typical German girl (note the yellow-brown complexion and robust cheekbones indicating a Hunnic origin):

Of course I'm kidding, but Ben Franklin probably saw it that way.