Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chivalry

You are not wrong, who deem / That my days have been a dream Johannes de León's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 15th, 2012 @ 12:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Baskid
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Post Re: The Art of Chivalry: What Every Guy Should Know

There are inumerous little things you can also do, but that is something like your inner chivalry, besides that, nice post.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 01:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Re: The Art of Chivalry: What Every Guy Should Know

Good post. Although the sad part is, it doesnt get you favorable attention from women. Thats at least been my experience. But I still do it just out of virtue.

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 @ 01:24 PM
    Subrace
    Arya/Paleoeuropeidal (norda) :D
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Fairness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post AW: Re: The Art of Chivalry: What Every Guy Should Know

Quote Originally Posted by Pushkin
    Good post. Although the sad part is, it doesnt get you favorable attention from women. Thats at least been my experience.
    No, it doesn't. And that's not the aim of it to begin with.

But I still do it just out of virtue.
    Exactly. I don't care about the response. My goal is to be well-mannered and friendly, and I will not let others take that away from me.
    "slavic" languages are absolutely arteficial (Read "slawenlegende"). The "glagolica", invented by a bunch of monks, is nothing but an ancient esperanto, creating new words, definitions and alphabet out of regional slangs.

The craddle of European Civilization comes from the North. All blond people originate from the north. So if you see a blond-blue eyed Slovene, Russian, Czech, Polak ect., you can be 100% sure that his ancient ancestors originated from "Germanics" (Germanic = Nordic).
    "slovenja" was the settelment of the Langobards = Germanics/Teutons. "Poland" of the Goths and East-Vandals ect. ect. What do "slavs" tell us about their origin?
    Some silly story that they originate from some swamps in the east and popped out of no where into history.

So you see my dear "Gorostan" [=Triglav], you are in reality a "Germanic" indoctrinated with panslav propaganda and historic fantasy stories. ~Dr. Brandt, former TNP and Skadi member

Last Online
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 @ 08:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Guerilla Philosopher
    Politics
    Aristotelian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Re: AW: Re: The Art of Chivalry: What Every Guy Should Know

Show me a girl who actually appreciates all this being done for them without taking advantage of it, using it for an ego-trip, or exploiting the guy, and I'll show you a freak of the modern world.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Country
    Fairness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post AW: Re: AW: Re: The Art of Chivalry: What Every Guy Should Know

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    Show me a girl who actually appreciates all this being done for them without taking advantage of it, using it for an ego-trip, or exploiting the guy, and I'll show you a freak of the modern world.
    I gather from your response that you are trying to avail yourself of such behaviour in order to get something in return. It doesn't really work that way.
    "slavic" languages are absolutely arteficial (Read "slawenlegende"). The "glagolica", invented by a bunch of monks, is nothing but an ancient esperanto, creating new words, definitions and alphabet out of regional slangs.

The craddle of European Civilization comes from the North. All blond people originate from the north. So if you see a blond-blue eyed Slovene, Russian, Czech, Polak ect., you can be 100% sure that his ancient ancestors originated from "Germanics" (Germanic = Nordic).
    "slovenja" was the settelment of the Langobards = Germanics/Teutons. "Poland" of the Goths and East-Vandals ect. ect. What do "slavs" tell us about their origin?
    Some silly story that they originate from some swamps in the east and popped out of no where into history.

So you see my dear "Gorostan" [=Triglav], you are in reality a "Germanic" indoctrinated with panslav propaganda and historic fantasy stories. ~Dr. Brandt, former TNP and Skadi member

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Post Re: AW: Re: The Art of Chivalry: What Every Guy Should Know

Be yourself, forget manuals and smart-alecky gibberish about chivalry and how to conquer the heart of a woman, they are all different and sometimes mere decency, comradeship and a minimum of emotional outlet works out just fine...dont be afraid to show vulnerability or moodyness if there is good cause for, since in a relationship or marriage there will always be testing periods of low conjuncture, when friction, misunderstanding and a loss of attachment comes between two partners and everything that has build upon is at stake.

If she can tolerate it and accept that an individual has some shadowy areas and reckons with the fact that life isnt always a bed of roses, than call yourself a lucky person and invest in this bond; this will be a strong woman who will be smarter than you and support you in demanding times in stead of turning her back on you, but in subtle ways she will work on you top overcome the pettish sides of your personality and reason out a lacking mindset.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 08:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Post Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: The Art of Chivalry: What Every Guy Should Know

Quote Originally Posted by Triglav
    I gather from your response that you are trying to avail yourself of such behaviour in order to get something in return. It doesn't really work that way.
    I thought you were for fairness? A one-sided relationship isn't fair. Do you like being used? I don't.

Hey, I have a question, we constantly hear about how men should cater to women, we have these lists of things to do and guide books... so where is the equality that is talked about so much? Where are all of the guide books teaching women how to take care of men and impress them (besides buying cosmetics and getting plastic surgery)? Oh, that's right, it's "oppressive", "sexist", etc.

Chivalry is much more than just how to cater to women, but it seems like that's all it's used for these days. It's a code of honor and how you should treat everyone, including yourself.

Last Online
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 @ 08:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Guerilla Philosopher
    Politics
    Aristotelian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triglav
    Of course it doesn't. That's my point. You don't even get respect for it out here in the far West.

I agree with Nordhammer. Or perhaps my view is more extreme. In the vast amount of cases women do not deserve the rights we've granted them. Patriarchy all the way.

Be yourself, forget manuals and smart-alecky gibberish about chivalry and how to conquer the heart of a woman, they are all different and sometimes mere decency, comradeship and a minimum of emotional outlet works out just fine...dont be afraid to show vulnerability or moodyness if there is good cause for, since in a relationship or marriage there will always be testing periods of low conjuncture, when friction, misunderstanding and a loss of attachment comes between two partners and everything that has build upon is at stake.

If she can tolerate it and accept that an individual has some shadowy areas and reckons with the fact that life isnt always a bed of roses, than call yourself a lucky person and invest in this bond; this will be a strong woman who will be smarter than you and support you in demanding times in stead of turning her back on you, but in subtle ways she will work on you top overcome the pettish sides of your personality and reason out a lacking mindset.
    That's a nice way of saying I have a lacking mindset Frans I know what you're saying. I just think the thing who wrote the article above is a utopian fool ("When it comes to dating, women want men to treat them like ladies: They want to feel adored, they want to be romanced.", "Women remember the little things, and this is definitely something she'll file away","You'll be sending the signal that she's worth it, which she hopefully is."). All these things do is leave a man open to be pussy-whipped and exploited to the full. Especially the stuff under 'allow me'. Phlegethon will probably say I am too young to have the experience required to say this Go find a girl who's been going to church since she was six and this might work. Aim carefully and this might not be stupid. But it probably will be. I say this as a member of generation Y, born in the 80's. Who know - maybe the older women have a different set of values. But I don't know about that, given the girls of my generation had to learn it from somewhere.

On a side note: the core of medieval chivalry was one of service and absolute obedience to your Lord, not 'treating a woman well'. 'Chivalry' was interchangable with 'fidelity'. Fidelity in the sense of semper fi.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 01:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

On a side note: the core of medieval chivalry was one of service and absolute obedience to your Lord, not 'treating a woman well'. 'Chivalry' was interchangable with 'fidelity'. Fidelity in the sense of semper fi.
    Thats true and devotion to the church and the Lord Christ. In fact Im just reading an interesting book about Chivalry, Bloody Good: Chivalry, Sacrifice, and the Great War by Allen J. Frantzen. The book is about its development and its impact on the modern world. Particularly about how medieval themes played a huge cultural role in the late 19th century and especially during World War I.

I like how the author places strong emphasis on Christ crucifixtion as the central and key point in chivalry's development; in fact you cannot seperate it from chivalry. The notions of suffering and self-sacrifice for the good of others that arose from this story were the major elements(plus the common protrayl untill the 12th century of Christ's crucifixtion as a battle between good and evil where Christ through his death reigns victorious) in Chivalry. So its no accident that strong devotion to the church and its teachings played such a role in Chivalric thinking. Plus knights(especially crusader knights) always stroved to be like Christ, in sacrificing themselves in a holy cause.

Frantzen refutes the common notion that chivalry is derived from Germanic paganism, for chivalric themes and rhetoric can be found not only in St. Paul's letters but from many writings of the church fathers: well before the conversion of the Germanic pagans. Chivalry is purely Christian to the core!

Last Online
    Subrace
    Country
    Fairness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: The Art of Chivalry: What Every Guy Should Know

Quote Originally Posted by Nordhammer
    I thought you were for fairness?
    Extreme fairness.

A one-sided relationship isn't fair. Do you like being used? I don't.
    Giving something in order to demand something in return is not fair by any stretch of the imagination.

Hey, I have a question, we constantly hear about how men should cater to women, we have these lists of things to do and guide books... so where is the equality that is talked about so much? Where are all of the guide books teaching women how to take care of men and impress them (besides buying cosmetics and getting plastic surgery)? Oh, that's right, it's "oppressive", "sexist", etc.
    http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=16272

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast