View Poll Results: Do you like kebabs?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the ones produced and sold by immigrants.

30 24.00%
  • Yes, but only the ones produced and sold by my countrymen.

8 6.40%
  • Yes, but I boycott them nevertheless.

19 15.20%
  • No.

32 25.60%
  • I've never eaten a kebab.

36 28.80%
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Like Kebabs?

Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Do You Like Kebabs?

A thread at another nationalist forum reveals most European users like kebabs. It was new to me for European nationalists to be tolerant of such things. Has this become acceptable within the "movement"? So I want to make a thread here and see how the Skadi members feel about it. Do you like kebabs? Do you buy kebabs from the stands produced by Turks, Arabs or other immigrants?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bärin For This Useful Post:

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    I think it is a good meal, but I certainly don't give my money to an immigrant and help them to tighten their position here in Germany.
    And I don't buy from Germans who sell Kebab, too, because they mostly buy their goods from a Turk anyways, but there I buy nothing, not just no Kebab. Actually, I buy from no one anything I don't know where it came from.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 10:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I don't like meat, let alone in that extra-greasy, qualitetively dubious form. God knows what they put in that mixture.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, August 16th, 2019 @ 06:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    I rarely ever eat Kebab, usually if there's no other better option, or the curiosity gets the better of me. I generally tend to regret it becaues it isn't exactly a high standard of food. Every time I've eaten one in the past year or so (about three times?), I wished afterwards that I went with my usual trip to the bakery for take-away food as really a tub of Stovies or even Maccaroni Cheese, or a Bacon & Sausage Roll or a Steak Pie are well superior and more wholesome anyhow.

And if it really has to be unhealthy - there's King Ribs, Burgers, Smoked Sausages and the likes at every indigenous Chippy, sadly also a trade in decline due to the advent of sub-standard ethnic take-aways ... I'm not a sucker for fish, but they offer such a variety of "indigenous takeaway that there's something for everyone, really. Not to mention that the chips are usually superior to the ones in the ethnic's. And the unlikelihood of a baked potato in any ethnic place, if that's what floats your boat.

But kebabs per se obviously aren't too bad - but next time I let my curiosity get the better of me, I shall roast some chicken myself, have my own garlic sauce and salad prepared and wrap them up with my own dough wraps. Well, with a little help from the shop as roasting/flame grilling the chicken is probably the only thing a traditional boy like me's going to manage but you get the drift: If you really want to ,you can homemake a "Kebab" of sorts.

See, the fact that most Pizzas here are made by Pakistani corner-takeaways should hint at the fact that it doesn't take the ethnicity in question to make a certain meal. In fact, remembering from back home, my German mother makes excellent Pizza, my German father makes excellent Lasagne, and my stepfather (Austrian/English, grew up in Apartheid South Africa) has been known to make the most excellent Asian dishes.

All the ingredients you need for these foods can be found in local stores, or at best the supermarket. Ethnic foods are nice for a good part, but if push comes to shove, it's all in our hands to make it ourselves, not to mention cheaper and more tailored to our personal tastes.

Fair enough - I must say that as a student with little cooking expertise, I tend to rely on takeaways at times --- but if you want a Pizza, then why go to the ethnic around the corner if there's a Pizza Hut, and if you want a burger - why go to the ethnic if there's a chippy around the other corner?

That being said, I sometimes do head to the odd ethnic restaurant, but in Aberdeen my favourite - despite the dear prices - amongst them must remain the Hungarian (and other than that, of course highest on the list, all the usual "pub lunch" restaurants, but that's not "ethnic food" of course. )

General rule though - if I don't want them in our countries, I don't support them.

If it's made by my countrymen, that's generally fine. Ethnic cuisine is enriching to every gourment tongue, ethnics at large are not. Since it does not need the latter to cook the former: If you really want a kebab, or a pizza - get them from a fellow countryman.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Thursday, August 16th, 2012 @ 09:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Of course not, I have no interest in funding the colonisation and destruction cultural of my country.

Btw, silly question, why should I like of Kebabs?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 10:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Grin

Over here what you describe is called "Gyros" (equally disgusting, perhaps even more), and "kebab" strictly refers to a type of elonguated burger-like dish, there it is:

(^ frankly I think it looks like a turd )

Thus I used the word "mixture" because it is made of minced meat and God knows what else... (my boyfriend jokes about it containing Paki body parts and disgusting stuff like that )

I find both to be disgusting, the mere smell of bad quality meat along with onions and spices and all that.

Last Online
    Monday, February 28th, 2011 @ 09:30 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    French, Zeelandic, Dutch.
    Subrace
    CeltoGermanic
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    None
    Religion
    Racial occultism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I never ate kebab or shoarma even when I was not yet a vegetarian/vegan, I used to eat Chinese but I stopped eating that years ago because the Chinese was being rude at me when I became a vegan and asked if the food I wanted to order was vegan or not and because I found out it was full of pure E621 a synthetic taste amplifier that is very bad for your health.

These days (for years now) I only eat indoors.

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I´m a big meat lover, too, and I cherish many rustical Bavarian/Austrian/Italian meals consisting of meat. But I´ve never eaten (Döner) Kebab because I dislike Turks and their whole culture. To be blunt honest I´m quite proud of the fact that I´ve never tried this kind of "halal" food.

(Sometimes I´m in a butchery to buy some beef. But then I see some tasty-looking pork. Well, while having in mind that muslims and some other foreign cultures loathe eating pork I change my plan and buy the pork because I think it´s a good feeling eating it, also in an ideological way - knowing that those foreign cultures would find it abhorrent! That makes me even more determined to do it. *g* )

There´re many better snacks to catch on the streets: Leberkas-Semmel, curry sausages, barbecue chicken and so on.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    287 Posts
    I used to eat kebab when I was younger, but since a couple of years ago I stopped it. Food is culture, and I dont want to eat kebab even if its made by a Norwegian. There are a lot of meat smuggling in Norway, and the kebab stores sell bad meat (no wonder they are able to sell so cheap kebabs). What they call döner in Germany, is kebab here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...nto-kebab.html

Study reveals 'shocking' kebabs http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7852168.stm disgusting

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 12:33 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Ancestry
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Sweden Sweden