2 11.76%
  • Enviromental improvement

5 29.41%
  • Equality

0 0%
  • Security

10 58.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Important Consideration When looking at a Political Theory?

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 @ 09:18 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Albion
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Investigator of Souls
    Politics
    Pan-Germanic Nationalist
    Religion
    Runosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Most Important Consideration When looking at a Political Theory?

When looking at a Political Theory, what aspect is most important to you;

Economic prosperity,
    Enviromental improvement,
    Equality,
    Security?

Expand on your answers and how this reflects your preferred political preference.
    Why are there beings at all, & why not rather nothing?
    [Leibniz/Heidegger]

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: Most Important Consideration

The upward struggle of Life, and thus of the folk. Everything else is secondary. Equality would be at the bottom of my list.

"To posit inequality means to transcend quantity and admit quality. [...] To give emphasis and priority to that which in every being is equal signifies regression. The will to equality is one and the same with the will to what is formless. Every egalitarian ideology is the barometric index of a certain climate of degeneration, or the 'trademark' of forces leading to a process of degeneration. Overall, this is how we should think about the 'noble ideal' and the 'immortal principle' of equality." -Julius Evola

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Albion
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    State
    Essex Essex
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Investigator of Souls
    Politics
    Pan-Germanic Nationalist
    Religion
    Runosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried Augustus
    The upward struggle of Life, and thus of the folk. Everything else is secondary. Equality would be at the bottom of my list.

"To posit inequality means to transcend quantity and admit quality. [...] To give emphasis and priority to that which in every being is equal signifies regression. The will to equality is one and the same with the will to what is formless. Every egalitarian ideology is the barometric index of a certain climate of degeneration, or the 'trademark' of forces leading to a process of degeneration. Overall, this is how we should think about the 'noble ideal' and the 'immortal principle' of equality." -Julius Evola
    Given the restricted choice offered [and politcs never offers us everything], what would you plump for in the poll?
    I would go for security first given the understanding that this applied to race and culture.
    [Leibniz/Heidegger]

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Moody Lawless
    Given the restricted choice offered [and politcs never offers us everything], what would you plump for in the poll?
    I would go for security first given the understanding that this applied to race and culture.
    If security is defined as the protection of racial and cultural integrity, then that would be the top priority, yes.
    However, if security would be used in the popular sense of the word, an excess of security is counterproductive. A little danger every now and then is good to keep the instincts and the mind sharp.
    I detest the proliferation of security camera's and the increasing number of cops and law enforcers everywhere (who, on the other hand, do not seem to do much that is useful). It's ironic that the media accuse the Third Reich of being 'totalitarian' when the modern Western States have more cops and secret agents per citizen than Hitlerian Germany ever had.

As for protection of the environment, I'm all for that. In order to stay sane, man needs to be able to escape the 'civilised' world of glass, steel and concrete every now and again, and submerge himself in the organic world.
    "Nature life is the nourishing soil of the soul." - C.G. Jung

Economic prosperity is of course desirable, but should be a side-effect of a healthy nation, not the measurement of its health.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Albion
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    State
    Essex Essex
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Investigator of Souls
    Politics
    Pan-Germanic Nationalist
    Religion
    Runosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

You make a good point on security there, although of the given choices it is still the most preferable.
    And yet the majority of people ACTUALLY vote according to ECONOMIC PROSPERITY in the West.
    So what has happened to the racial instinct?

And there are those on this forum who have argued for a form of capitalism - how would they vote in this poll?
    [Leibniz/Heidegger]

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 26th, 2005 @ 03:22 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moody Lawless
    And there are those on this forum who have argued for a form of capitalism - how would they vote in this poll?
    As a likely offender , I still would vote for 1.) security 2.) environment 3.) economy 4. equality, though that does not mean any of these concepts (depending on how one defines them) should be trivialized. My justification for this ordering would be:

1.) It should be common sense that security comes first - in crudest terms, not much else matters when you're dead (which is the ultimate consequence of inadequate security).

2.) The environment is treated as a sort of 'externality' by our economists, but they are putting the cart before the horse. The envrionment provides everything on which our physicial survival is based, so common sense would also dictate that environmental considerations must shape and constrain economic activity, and not the reverse. This is really a logical extension of putting security first (while giving the concept a broad meaning).

3.) While the economy should necessarily be constrained by the factors above, that does not mean it is not important, obviously. It is the basis of one's day-to-day material existence (unless you are a hermit). While I am opposed to our current system of globalized corporate monopoly capitalism, I would argue a system of localized, smaller scale markets based on small to medium-sized enterprises is entirely compatible with priorities 1. and 2. above.

4.) Depends what you mean by 'equality', which is a much-abused term. E.g. I would take it as given that every citizen in a political community must have equal basic standing before the community, with regard to the right to participate in its affairs etc. That doesn't imply that other forms of equality, such as complete equality in the standard of living or 'racial' equality within a society, are desirable.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Albion
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    State
    Essex Essex
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Investigator of Souls
    Politics
    Pan-Germanic Nationalist
    Religion
    Runosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Telperion; "1.) It should be common sense that security comes first - in crudest terms, not much else matters when you're dead (which is the ultimate consequence of inadequate security)".

Moody; Yes, it should be "common sense", and yet democratic political choices in the Western world have continually lessened security, with rising crime rates affecting the quality of life of the commonality; turkeys voting for Christmas?

Telperion; "2.) The environment is treated as a sort of 'externality' by our economists, but they are putting the cart before the horse. The envrionment provides everything on which our physicial survival is based, so common sense would also dictate that environmental considerations must shape and constrain economic activity, and not the reverse. This is really a logical extension of putting security first (while giving the concept a broad meaning)".

Moody; And yet 'enviromental preservation' never extends to racial/cultural preservation in the thoughts of Western voters!

Telperion; "3.) While the economy should necessarily be constrained by the factors above, that does not mean it is not important, obviously. It is the basis of one's day-to-day material existence (unless you are a hermit). While I am opposed to our current system of globalized corporate monopoly capitalism, I would argue a system of localized, smaller scale markets based on small to medium-sized enterprises is entirely compatible with priorities 1. and 2. above".

Moody; Agreed; but that immediately places economics DOWN in the hierarchy of importance as you have shown. And yet the west is brainwashed into thinking that the 'economy' is THE most important thing.
    In Britain, every political argument is had merely in terms of economics.

Telperion; "4.) Depends what you mean by 'equality', which is a much-abused term. E.g. I would take it as given that every citizen in a political community must have equal basic standing before the community, with regard to the right to participate in its affairs etc. That doesn't imply that other forms of equality, such as complete equality in the standard of living or 'racial' equality within a society, are desirable".

Moody; Again, the word 'Equality' is a magic word, like economics.
    To revise what I said above; Western politics is carried out only on the basis of; i) economics, ii) equality.
    Of course, that in itself is a paradox as emphasis on economics makes things very inequal!
    I agree with your necessarily LIMITED approach to 'equality'!
    [Leibniz/Heidegger]

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

There is a sort of collective action problem here, in that collectively, our interests (within nations, and as a race) are as set out above. But, there are many powerful vested interests whose interests involve precisely the prioritization you have set out, i.e. economics # 1 and 'equality' # 2, and the average person is so involved with the daily grind that he/she doesn't have much time to devote to anything else, and knows that nothing they can do as an individual will change anything anyway.

I would suggest 'equality' is largely used today as a sham concept, which is put in racial and similar terms in order to distract people from the very unequal economic outcomes of monopolistic capitalism. You can see this at the top US universities - they have 'affirmative action' programs for blacks etc., yet not only do they have no such programs for poor whites (whom no one seems to care about), one could argue such programs don't even benefit most blacks, who continue to live in slums, involve themselves in criminal gangs, etc. All 'affirmative action' accomplishes is to make sure there are black and other 'minority' faces up on the podium at important public events, to create the appearance of a 'caring, inclusive' society, so that the real business of making as much money as possible for those with controlling interests in mega-corporations can go on unhindered by any real popular dissent.

These corporations have a further interest in promoting 'racial inclusiveness' and other perverted forms of 'equality':

- On the micro-level in the short term, this induces the public to accept large-scale immigration, which creates are large pool of cheap labour (thereby lowering average labour costs, and increasing profits).

- On the macro-level in the long term, the more individual cultures are broken-down and homogenized into a global 'consumer' culture, the easier it is to flog consumer products at them without having to waste money on advertising catering to different cultural niches, different languages, etc.

So, the bottom line is all this is largely about the bottom line - $$$.

And of course, all of this is promoted in the public mind by the media, which employs incredibly sophisticated techniques for manipulating and brainwashing the public. A successfully brainwashed person doesn't know they're brainwashed, naturally, and the vast majority of our people today don't stop to think at all about where their views come from. Our 'educational' system certainly doesn't encourage them to engage in this sort of questioning. Thus people cling to all sorts of absurd ideas the fly in the face of 'common sense' (as I've called it), simply because they have been programed to do so.
    I suppose there is an element of 'Brave New World' to all of this; that the most effective way to control people is to brainwash them into thinking they are free and happy, when beneath the surface they are neither.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Albion
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    State
    Essex Essex
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Investigator of Souls
    Politics
    Pan-Germanic Nationalist
    Religion
    Runosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yes - but there is an ever deeper problem here:
    'Equality' has a RESONANCE to Whites.

When a homosexual campaigner [for instance] answers his detractors by saying that all he wants is "equality for gays", then he wins the moral argument [proof, the increase in gay 'rights'].

And the word 'moral' is the clue.
    There is a moral residue [perhaps it is the cost of our being Christians for nearly 2,000 years?] that is completely open and UNCRITICAL of any recourse to 'equality', to 'fairness', to 'freedom'.

This is why I think Nietzsche is correct that the problem is down to this secularised version of Christian morality.

Of course, politicians are adept at tapping into these moral codes and can talk endlessly of equality.

However, the recourse to 'economics' plays on the basic SELFISH desires.

So there you have it; the Western voter satisfies his selfishness with Economics and his altruism with Equality!

Perhaps he should learn to satisfy his selfishness with Security and his altruism with Enviroment, as we may agree!
    [Leibniz/Heidegger]

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think you've correctly identified the underlying cultural matrix that influences White perceptions of 'equality', although the term 'equality' has obviously been deliberately perverted over the past several decades. E.g. in the early part of this century, a White citizen of a western country would have taken it for granted that they were 'equal' in their rights and responsibilities to all other White citizens, yet not have concluded that therefore the same status should be granted to Blacks. But the concept of equality could only be manipulated into this current form because it was consistent with the underlying moral premises of the culture to do so (i.e. 'that everyone is equal in God's eyes').

'Equality' today is a sort of 'prompt' or 'cue' that induces people to turn off their brains and accept whatever nonsense (such as 'gay rights') is being sold to them. A lot of work has been done in perceptual psychology explaining how these sorts of 'prompts' work, if that's the correct technical term for them...I'd just take this as futher evidence of the brainwashing of the public.

Your idea about changing the content of what satisfies our selfish and altruistic impulses is on the right track. The difficult question is how to go about doing this, in the face of the constant flood of propaganda supporting the current prioritization.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast