Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233

Thread: How Germanic Is the US/Are Americans?

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, April 17th, 2021 @ 11:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkvidr View Post
    Well.. one needs to take into account the American. Both of my parents and myself are from Europe and very much European in character. I, therefore, am descended from Europeans and participate in our Germanic culture though I also feel myself to be an American, however newly arrived.
    Aren't you American? Then why are you having England's flag in your profile?
    If you edit your profile, you'll see this:

Country

Please select the country in which you currently reside.

Last Online
    Monday, March 30th, 2009 @ 08:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Norwegian
    Ancestry
    England (N. Yorkshire/Norfolk), Norway (Rogaland), Germany (Niedersachsen)
    Subrace
    Nordid/Trønder
    Country
    England England
    State
    Mercia Mercia
    Married
    Occupation
    Museum worker
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    English born but living in the United States. I read it as country meaning origin and location meaning current.. well.. location. I will certainly change it if anyone is offended

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Myrkvidr For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Thursday, December 30th, 2010 @ 02:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    British, Anglo, Viking
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Trainer
    Politics
    conservative, freedom-loving
    Religion
    nominal protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

hi

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel View Post
    I am an 11th generation American, but I feel that genetically I am English. I am a dedicated genealogist and historian and have done a great lot of research on my ancestors. The early ones in the 1600's were all English, and they married english spouses. On down to the present time, they were all English marrying English. We had one interloper from Ireland, but that is all. Even my mother was of English ancestry. Once in awhile we will have a strange addition with auburn hair and freckles. That is from the Irish ancestor.
    Where I live the biggest percent of the population is of German descent and a few Irish. But most of them just came over in the 1800's, and have intermarried a lot. That is there way of keeping their farms in the family. Not a bad idea.
    Hey Arundel, I know a fair bit about surnames and family history in England - if you'd like any help or advice please ask. Of course us 'English English' tend to sub-divide ourselves - I for example am almost wholly 'Yorkshire' for at least five generations!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jonjon For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I'm curious because I've seen many introductions by American members, and I rarely found a case where their ancestry was fully Germanic. I saw Italian, French, Irish, Polish and other ethnicities into the pile.
    I'm probably one of the most mixed people in the Midwest, and if it wasn't for my 1630's English ancestors, I would be just like the rest of the descendants of predominately 19th century German and Scandinavian settlers.

Is this a case with most Americans, or is it just a coincidence that Skadi gets the most mixed ones?
    I'm sure most people who visit this website are from larger cities (since they have larger population it is only logical to assume), and as you probably know, cities are the first and often last stop for immigrants when they enter your nation.

Also something I have noticed, is that most 'white pride' and 'neo-nazis' tend to be very mixed. (This does not mean all of them are.) Russia has the largest number of neo-nazis, I believe. (Not that Skadi or its all of its members are neo-nazi or white pride, but it seems a decent people who get involved in 'preservation' have at least some background in those things.)

Or is it the case that Americans list every known part of their ancestry, even if it's as small as 1 %, as someone else said?
    A lot of times it's based on family stories and odd assumptions, I'm sure you've heard about how every American likes to claim they have Cherokee and Irish in them. Very rarely can people prove this, or even provide documentation to prove their largest ancestral group.

The 'America is the melting pot' and 'America is a nation of immigrants' mentality has been really driven into the population. (still even now, although the new thing is a 'salad bowl' not a melting pot. ) Basically meaning, the more 'immigrant' nationalities you have, the more superior and 'American' you are.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilderinc For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 @ 11:54 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic American
    Ancestry
    Germany (1/4), Norway (1/4), Scotland (1/8), ? (3/8)
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Washington Washington
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Conservitive
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It is interesting how in the past the U.S. has been pushed as "the great melting pot" when then it was more of a "salad bowl." There were the Germans, Italians, Irish, etc... Of course, there were the homogenized whites but they were isolated with a nativist standing.

Now the U.S. is a melting pot concerning Whites. It does not matter if you have moved from Norway to the U.S.; you fall into the White category.

Considering all the races, the U.S. is more a platter with several different foods on it. There are the Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Muslims, Native Americans, and the Whites. I say platter and not salad because in a salad everything has similarities that tie each piece together; everything is a vegetable: carrots, lettuce, cabbage, all different but vegetables all the same. You could argue that the tie in the U.S. is that we are all humans. However, the tie that is pushed is that we are (mostly) all "Americans"* as if the land itself is our greatest commonality, the platter the food sits on.

Coming back to the thread, how Germanic are Americans really? For the homogenized whites not much, their Germanic heritage is as valuable to them as the ink and paper it is written on. There are those who take pride in their heritage, identify with it, and choose to stand outside the great “‘White’ American Melting Pot.” The U.S. Citizens on this forum are proof of that.

*Saying “America[n(s)]” is irritating to me. It seemingly implies that the entire continent of North America and South America are included in the United States; as if any person who lives in the Americas can come freely and gallivant around the U.S. documented or not. Pet peeve thought I would throw it out there.

Anglicist
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England
    Subrace
    Nordic
    Y-DNA
    R1A-BY30613
    mtDNA
    U8B-K2A5A1
    Country
    England England
    State
    Rhode Island Rhode Island
    Zodiac Sign
    Leo
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Blacksmith
    Politics
    Odinist
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigg View Post
    I agree Thorir! That's what I say, South and East Europeans are just as alien to us as Mexicans! The United States has the right to return to its forefathers' roots just like the rest!
    Yes, exactly. Why don't South Europeans go to Mexico instead and nobody like Gisele Bündchen be found in Brazil? East Europeans don't even have anything comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar View Post
    If it's for this..........Celtic peoples did intermarry extensively with Romans too in western Europe.
    So, the question is whether Celts are more Germanic or Italic in origins and disposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Solar Wolff View Post
    What do you mean by this? The darkest Scandinavian I ever saw was Tucker Carlsen (an American of Scandivavian ancestry on TV) and he probably had blond hair when young.
    Tucker's really Boynton, as Carlson was taken after adoption on his father's side. Him and his brother both took Swanson from their stepmother for additional middle names, but their mother appears to be Swiss Italian.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterThaGreat View Post
    Before I browse this thread throughoutly I have comment this.....

Sinenomine, sorry but that is just simply utter bullshit. There's simply just no way a Swedish tan could translate into "swarthy", quite opposite! Together with blue eyes and blond hair the tan makes just an uber Aryan impression. Baltids of murkier skin colour is just more utter shit. What Benjamin said is simple false and they best explanation of is what Americ provided. The actual Swedes were Palatine Germans or Walloons. You are an astute fellow but no you are wrong in a magnitude you don't even realize.

Swedish tan......really swarthy.

Northern European East-Baltic with your murky pigment

What do you mean by Baltid? There's never been a Baltid component in Scandinavia in real sense. Most of the clasification that goes here and skadi were just bollocks and stem from the idea that Nordids are only extreme horsefaced Max-von-Sydow types and the rest are just some "unpure" Cro-magno-Nords. Besides in nortern Europe Baltids are the most "whitest", often with dead pale skin.

Anyway to the topic,

America is core Germanic state based on English heritage. A great proportion of its population is of Germanic stock. So what if if there's a considerable minority of non-germanics or even non-whites. America has just been 200 years ahead of Europe. Its every institution is based on Germanic/English tradition and the reference population of US will always be protestant WASP. I doubt we'd never be discussion whether Russia is Slavic or not despite the bulk of its people has always been just slavicized, non-Slavs.
    PTG says many things I agree with, but we're not the same person, which was an accusation on ABF by some Finns and Lapps with Uralic self-esteem problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gefjon View Post
    This country is as Germanic as it can get. The predominant ethnicities are German and English, the predomiannt language is English. Don't judge the USA by its leaders, its govt, its ghetto culture or its immigrants cause then no country would be Germanic. Sure we've got Jewish influence on the media and we've got the wigger scene, but so do you. The USA is much more than MCDonalds, come and see for yourself. Usually these generalizations come frrom people who have never set foot here.
    Your immigration and temperament I find beautiful contributions to America. McDonald's isn't what's wrong with us though, because hamburgers are Germanic. I really wish pizza stayed among the Italian Guidos; it's a rip-off of the Greek pita anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfTheVistula View Post
    Or if they have come to the US, it is only to the typical tourist destinations like NYC, Florida, DC, or Southern California which are also the most multi-culti areas of the country. To really see the US you have to get away from the cities.
    I've always told my wife that if we go to England, it won't be Londonistan. We don't have enough time to get bogged down there in huge distractions from the countryside at hostels. That's sad to say, since both sides of my parents came to the States after some time in London, whether as from the Court, suburbanites, or having taken the ship from there to here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hweinlant View Post
    I know this is wrong question at wrong board but someone needs to ask it. Why is USA germanic country ? There indeed is linguistical connectivity but thats it. USA is culture(s) of it's own with very little to do with Europe.

Most of the US posters here have other than germanic ancestry, you just use germanic (English language).

USA is global melting pot, she has her politics which rest of the world has to follow. Most of those politics are against the good of the actual germanic countries of Europe.

Multiculturality comes from US and has nearly destroyed the germanic countries thus far. Local (European) germanic cultures are not responsible for that.

US multikulti represents everything that will destroy germanic Europe, why it's influence is still valid and wanted here ? Why USA is germanic country ? Is everyone from US automaticly germanic ?
    Hweinlant was a decent friend on ABF, but I resent his derangement here. Washington and Helsinki are hardly anything but neutral associates, engaging occasionally about NATO-related issues to mutual benefit...

Quote Originally Posted by mischak View Post
    There are non-white Americans.

And if it's such "bullshit" then ask why it wasn't permitted on this forum.

I never said I was the authority, but you sure do like to act like one.

I know

Good thing you account for very little of society then huh?

Experience doesn't make it factual.

It seems that the two aren't even comparable and your poll isn't even relevant to what I was talking about.

It was a silly poll, imo.

Btw, I am only referring to the US. Of course non-Europeans should leave Europe. The "colonies" aren't of concern to me.
    I regret ever feeling sorry for mischak, because I earned some bad blood here @Skadi largely in consideration of her membership here, which has complicated how other members view my other statements, too often taken out of context and held against me.

He was English.

Yet until Raven tells me it's not allowed, Fallen Angel won't be proving me wrong.
    Good riddance! This is why I don't want the mafia in Providence.

Quote Originally Posted by Soten View Post
    "As you can see, Germanic on this forum includes Germanic Americans. By supporting immigration and multiculturalism in the US, you are being anti-Germanic.

QED. I rest my case."

Why do I get the feeling that this would not be the case if we were talking about Australia, New Zealand, Canada, or South Africa?
    Exactly. America is just a parallel country to the Commonwealth: Australia is like Texas, New Zealand is like Hawaii. Canada is like Louisiana. South Africa is like the Confederacy.

You can claim I'm "anti-Germanic", I really don't care.
    Why bother then, except to let us all know how much you hate your Germanic roots, simply because your Italian roots aren't of interest here?

Quote Originally Posted by Leof View Post
    lol not you guys. <3 I mean in general.

My good buddy in Finland asked me if I thought it was healthy for someone to hate their own country as much as I did. I responded, "no I don't think it's at all healthy at all. I don't want to hate my own country but I do and I have nothing to say in my defense. In the same vein I'm not going to lie to myself."
    None of us should hate our own countries, since they belong to us and we must take better care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Galloglaich View Post
    I know this is going to be anathema to a lot of people on this forum (and I apologize ahead of time for offending), but I really agree with this statement. There are many European-American families (mine among them) that are proud of their heritage and would not mix (interbreed) with non-Europeans. I personally wouldn't interbreed with anyone that wasn't Germanic or Celtogermanic. I raise my children to honor the ways and cultures of their ancestors. This includes their heritage that is uniquely "American". My family know who they are and where we came from. They will also know their place in continuing our heritage. I see my (and my family's) role as part of the greater continuing volkwanderüng of our people. I am essentially "preservationist". Inevitably, some people will not feel the same and they will engage in miscegenation. That is their choice. I can't advocate the race police telling people who they can and can't choose to affiliate themselves with.

All that being said, I would not deny any other ethnicity's contribution to this great country (however small that contribution is). I happen to have friends that are Asian, Polish, Italian, and Lithuanian (OMG:eek:!). I don't feel any affinity for their ancestral cultures and I wouldn't want my children intermarrying with them, but I can enjoy their company. Europe is the cradle of European civilization. America is inextricably tied to that cradle, but it is not exclusive to that cradle.

Like it or not, America is a land of immigration. I have a vested interest in this country, I am decidedly "old stock". The first of my ancestors came here in 1716 and almost all of them were here before the War for Independence. A few came here in the early 19th century. Besides that, my children live here. Of course I want this country to be the best that it can be. I think we need to get a handle on illegal immigration, welfare, etc.-but hating someone for their ethnicity (which is what seems to be behind some of the sentiment on this thread) is absurd. People here should be free to congregate as they see fit. This includes people of Germanic heritage as well as anybody else. I would love to see enclaves of Germanic people in this country choosing to habitate together. Does this mean that other people whose whose ancestors have been here as long or longer should be denied the same rights? Besides, continuing to blame all our problems on black & Jew boogeymen (not that there aren't some legitimate problems) won't fix the big picture. Germanic Americans need to find a way to take pride in themselves without all this authoritarian B.S. that undermines everyone else's legitimacy. If we Americans wish Germanic culture to continue to be the predominant culture (which I do feel it is), we need to demonstrate that dominance by exhibiting it's greatness and outcompeting its rivals, not by eliminating everyone else who happens to be here.
    You're very comfortable trying to rationalise the endgame for your blood and soil. I don't believe that any piece of the pie can be an entitlement for ethnic and racial others, who have their own places I can't go demanding special treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by Boche View Post
    Putting Sentences i didn't say in my Mouth is not nice. I never wrote that i expect support from America. I don't care about if they support us or not. I only said that i respect Americans who decide to defend their Ancestors Country.

Getting old? Cultural Preservation is never getting old, because we havn't reached it yet.

Yes, but if the Old World is in Danger, Colonials with a Shard of Honour for their Ancestors would support it rather than the new World.

No, because this is not the Kindergarten. I have my Opinion and Others have their Opinion about what is right or wrong.

Let's say Europe is secure from every Threat, and America has a War in their Germanic Terrain, then i would support them aswell.
    But if both are threatened, then Europe is more important. Europe is the Heart of Germanics. I explained this with more detail in my previous Posts.

Gruß,
    Boche
    I'm racially English and my first instinct is to push for Anglosphere supremacy; my minor German and Dutch ancestry are in solidarity with the Royal family since the Glorious Revolution in 1688. I'm also a third cousin of Cromwell, so care for both rather than what some Irish apparently want. Oh well.

You having an issue with it, as well as anyone else, makes it your personal issue. There are Germanic Americans living in the US, but I do not consider the US Germanic as a whole, therefore this supposed "destruction" of my country is not a "destruction" to me. It's my opinion, it's not changing, so deal with it.

Just like it's their country.

I'd love to see where it says it's "the white man's land" written in the constitution. And jsyk, English Americans didn't originally consider Germans to be "white" either. And talk about "acceptable" immigrants? Most Americans don't even know the difference between a Spaniard and a Mexican.
    It's not our business to quibble between Spaniards and Mexicans. Our concern is between Britons and Americans. BTW, this is my country, so yes, it's supposed to be my preference, same as Liberia belongs to the Freedmen and they decide who belongs.

Because 5 or 6 American "racialists" on the internet think I'm against an entire country, doesn't make it so. Since it's not "white man's land" to me, I don't think "white folks are at stake" anyway. (Btw I don't know how many times I have to repeat that)

It wasn't an argument, it was a statement.
    You obviously worship at the altar of diversity and multiculturalism, simply because you're personally emblematic of ethnic disintegration. As pointed out by Ossi, you self-justify and make believe that's a universal standard. Sigurd is right about those out of touch naively jumping on such bandwagons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadu View Post
    Everybody has it, the only difference is that i recognize the mistake and Bridie(and you i think) does not.
    Imperialistic views of that kind are against ethnic preservation, how can someone claim the ethnic preservation of his kind when they are in favour of ethnic slaughtering???
    Dog eat cat is better than dog eat dog. I don't care about the dead of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I'm not playing nice or begging forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    This is a major point , none of us can help what mistakes were made in the past. But if we wish to create a better future we need to drop the colonial mentality and blind nationalism that was the cause of those mistakes.

The people who , imo , are expressing a more progressive opinion are the real hope for the future. Not those who are still beating the colonial drum and supporting continued Imperialism
    I support the Anglicisation of the whole solar system; that's going beyond nebulous Germanicisation or Indo-Europeanisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadu View Post
    Good! I was trying to explain to you and Bridie that unlike Europeans, Colonials settled on a place wich wasn't theirs, so giving the USA example we have the natives, the indians, followed by old stock Americans(WASPs and Blacks) and after by various European ethnicities including more WASPs/Germanics.
    I reacted to some opinions, namely Bridie's and Americ's.
    Bridie doesn't mind in slaughtering native populations, i'm against it since i'm native to my country and i believe that my ethnicity(like all) deserves to be preserved.
    Aemeric says that Blacks should be deported, wich i don't understand especially because they belong some much in America as WASPs. Not to mention his Brazilian hypothesis:nono0000: wich is a disrespect to the Brazilian people.
    America is as much the preserve of England as Britain is of Saxony. I'm being honestly consistent to uphold Anglo-Saxon hegemony over time and space.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    The trickier question is: Should the US still be considered Germanic if Barack Obama becomes president?
    Maybe Biden was already POTUS then, going in blackface by hiding behind a mask in the eight years between Bush and Trump: more reason not to vote for him. I'd rather commemorate the Davis Administration for its maintenance of the plantation system!

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtengel View Post
    Roanoke and Jamestown fly the George and the Royal Arms can be found there as well as Williamsburg, with the Jack. Any Antifa or BLM want to smash them and I'd feel outraged to some action.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenson View Post
    Correct--but without the former, there is not the latter.

Historically speaking? It's well documented how difficult it was for later waves of immigrants to assimilate completely into old American society--Irish, Italians, Jews, etc. Until very recently, these groups largely self-segregated. But, those days seem to be on the wane, if not altogether gone.

Certainly various groups have almost formed new ethnicities here in the New World--until recently, Italians have been very insular, the Amish need no introduction, perhaps even those of the Mormon faith have formed a ethno-religious group (largely blond, blue-eyed and of English/Danish extraction) and then the plain ol' American folk who are largely of Protestant, northwest European, "Celto-Germanic" stock.

Thanks for writing this better than I ever could.

Correct.
    Thank you for the shout outs and representing us well! My grandfather's parents were Mormon and Anglican, from old to New England. Both my grandfather and father married Yankee daughters; since my mother's mother was Virginian, I took one for my own to wife. Endogamy is important to most WASP folk; it gets trickier with German and Irish Catholics. I'd be a lot more positive to them if they unequivocally aligned themselves with us, because I hold them as near to my heart as the Dominions. Most of the exogamy disparaged in this thread can be attributed to Catholic antipathies to Anglocentrism, being that they don't believe in freedoms from Roman rule and prefer relations with Italians and Mexicans. Part of it is even Axis based, because of idolising Mussolini and Franco.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233