Page 1 of 33 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: How Germanic Is the US/Are Americans?

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 26th, 2010 @ 08:57 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How Germanic Is the US?

USA certainly has Germanic roots, but as the hordes of non-Germanics moved in and are continuing to do so, I think the question is debatable. I myself certainly wish that USA retained it's Germanic roots and not allowed immigration from non-Germanics such as the Polish and Italians. One of my major gripes with White Nationalism (I know this is not a White Nationalist forum) is it's encouragement of simply being white in America versus being Germanic. I personally do not like it's endorsement of breeding with non-Germanics, simply because they are European.

Last Online
    Monday, October 8th, 2007 @ 06:23 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with you Richard! We should have retained our Germanic roots instead of allowing people of just about every color to come into our country. : However, I think our country IS Germanic. The non-Germanics will never be true Americans, they are foreign to us even if they have our citizenship.
    By the way, I have nothing against the word white. We Americans use it very much, but to us it means Anglo-Germanic people, not Italians or the like.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 4th, 2009 @ 09:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic, 1/4 Eng
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Won't happen, that contradicts what modern America stands for. In the USA and rest of the western world europid is just viewed as white. Most think of Germanic in the linguistic sense when they hear the word. But you can probably convince your fellow Americans if you say "That's what Jesus would want"

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 11:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Is the US Germanic? That is the question posed in the thread's title anyway....

Mighty big question about a mighty big land. In what ways are we asking and seeking? Its populace? Its language, culture, art? Settlement patterns? Land use and land ethics? Agricultural practices? Morals and values of the greater society?

Gee-wiz! Where the hell to start?

I've actually been working on, at least in scratched-out note form and in my head, a treatise of sorts about the Germanic nature of old New England. I just need to get my hands on an old piece entitled The Germanic Origin of New England Towns by Herbert Baxter Adams as read before the Harvard Historical Society back the politically correct days of 1881.

Anyway--sure, parts and facets of the US are at the very least, Germanic in origin, an off-shoot, a derivative of the Germanic cradle of northcentral and northwestern Europe. Much of the populace traces its lineage back to England, The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland & Austria. So, genetically and phenotypically, there is a strong Germanic element (alas, on the wane, however).

Linguistically? Again, yes, largely so. It's well-known the English is a Germanic language (yes, yes, heavily Latinized, I know. ). Check.

Culture & art? Not really my stronger fields so perhaps others who know more of these entities can weigh in. I would hazard though that it gets a little murkier here. Besides the strong Germanic element in the founding of the US, clearly there were several other ethnic influences at work as well--creating sort of a melange (French word!)--some of which has survived to the day and passes as artifacts of American culture. I'm thinking of music in particular--Blues, Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock and Roll.... So musically, not so much in my opinion. We're pretty unique in that regard.

Settlement patterns and land use? Well, I'm working on that one in my mind and it is one that I'm interested in pursuing. I need to read up and learn a little more before I comment--largely because I want to comment with some credibility and authority.... But, my hunch is that yes, certainly parts of the US are quite Germanic (historically) in settlement patterns and land use; particularly those places that are climatologically similar to the Germanic homeland. Specifically, New England, New York State, Pennsylvania, northern and central Appalachia, the northern Great Lakes area (northern Michigan, northern Wisconsin, Minnesota) and the Pacific Northwest--west of the Cascades where there is ample precipitation to support a lush, green landscape with (naturally speaking) solid forest cover. East of the Cascades it is too dry and not a Germanic "home climate".

Obviously, agricultural practices follow suit with overall climate (and soil type!)....

Sorry for the ramble--just a stream of words and thought, really.

Back later with more.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts
    Thanks to the policies of are political elites, the US has become a multicultural/racial country. Germanics - including Protestant Scots & Irish - probably make up just over 1/2 of the 300 million population. The total Euro population is around 190 million. "Hispanics" make up 45 to 50 million, so Germanics are by far the largest group in the US.

Most of the racial diversity in the US was restricted to the larger urban areas. There were exception like the "Black Belt" in the old plantation area of the South & the remote Indian reservations, but the rural heartland was Germanic territory. Thanks to the open borders policies, many communities that have not had an influx of newcomers since the original Anglo-Saxon, German & Scandinavian settlers of the 19th century, are starting to recieve Mestizos/Amerindians, Asians, even Africans immigrants. If this could be stopped, there would still be a good chance the US could remain & become more of a Germanic nation. A complete cessation of non-Europid immigration would leave Germanics as the largest group - probably permanently - and if we (Germanics) united politically, we would run this country regardless of what ever any other group, including the Jews, thought about it. I think the time is approaching when the sh*t will hit the fan, and the silent majority will finally strike back & take charge.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2018 @ 03:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    The United States has solid Germanic roots, and it's establishments and administrators still largely reflect this heritage. The population is, sadly, another story. For the time being, it remains a fragile Germanic majority, but this insane scope of not just non-Germanic, but mostly non-Europid immigration is slowly overtaking the number of proper Germanic/Celtogermanic Americans. I would still say, though, that the United States is a Germanic nation, for now.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 10:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigg View Post
    We Americans use it very much, but to us it means Anglo-Germanic people, not Italians or the like.

...............Irish, welsh and French neither then.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hussar View Post
    ...............Irish, welsh and French neither then.
    The Irish and Welsh are white English speakers so they could integrate. But not too many!

Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 10:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigg View Post
    The Irish and Welsh are white English speakers so they could integrate. But not too many!

99% of whites in America are english speakers.

........and, Like it or not, dear Laura, IRISH and WELSH, they're "Celtic", and not "Germanic".

So, if non-germanics like them are integrable, so other ethnicities too are integrable (logic and empiric reasonment, not personal opinion)

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hussar View Post
    99% of whites in America are english speakers.

........and, Like it or not, dear Laura, IRISH and WELSH, they're "Celtic", and not "Germanic".

So, if non-germanics like them are integrable, so other ethnicities too are integrable (logic and empiric reasonment, not personal opinion)
    They are part of the UK and they have more in common with the English than other ethnicities! Any Anglo will tell you they prefer the Irish and Welsh to other ethnicities!

Page 1 of 33 12345611 ... LastLast