Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: How Germanic Is the US/Are Americans?

Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 10:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigg View Post
    They are part of the UK and they have more in common with the English than other ethnicities! Any Anglo will tell you they prefer the Irish and Welsh to other ethnicities!

"Preference" isn't an empirical argument, Laura They still are non germanic

The Althing objective is "Germanic preservation", NOT "Germanic preservation + any group Germanics like..." .

Or you're Germanic or you aren't. End of Story. Free to be intransigent if you want, but in that case can't say phrases like " i'm a Germanic preservationst and i don't want non-germanics (but i do some exceptions for the peoples i like, and personal friends)..."

Last Online
    Monday, October 8th, 2007 @ 06:23 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hussar View Post
    "Preference" isn't an empirical argument, Laura They still are non germanic

The Althing objective is "Germanic preservation", NOT "Germanic preservation + any group Germanics like..." .

Or you're Germanic or you aren't. End of Story. Free to be intransigent if you want, but in that case can't say phrases like " i'm a Germanic preservationst and i don't want non-germanics (but i do some exceptions for the peoples i like, and personal friends)..."
    The Irish and Welsh are Germanic, I've already said this! Not as Germanic as the Anglos, but still Germanic. I can say I am a Germanic preservationist, I am married to an Anglo and have Anglo kids! I'm not in favor of non-Germanic immigration!

Last Online
    Monday, February 18th, 2008 @ 05:49 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last Online
    Country
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigg View Post
    The Irish and Welsh are Germanic
    Sure. As much as French and Italians.

Note that ALTHING administration doesn't consider Irish people to be germanic (and the old Skadi neither)

I've already said this! Not as Germanic as the Anglos, but still Germanic.
    You instead defend the presence of alien people like Italians and Poles in my country so don't you go round telling me what this forum's objective is mister.
    Italians and Poles are non-germanic as much as Irish are.

Last Online
    Monday, October 8th, 2007 @ 06:23 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sure. As much as French and Italians.

Note that ALTHING administration doesn't consider Irish people to be germanic (and the old Skadi neither)

I don't base my opinions on what the administration says.
    Italians and Poles are non-germanic as much as Irish are.
    That isn't true, they come from non-Germanic countries and they speak non-Germanic languages.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Or you're Germanic or you aren't. End of Story.
    It's not quite that simple. The Irish & Welsh for example are of similar racial background as the English. Racially I have no objection to either (btw my direct paternal ancestors were from Wales ). Linguistically & culturally they were not Germanic, but because they are of the right racial stock they are "assimilable." Even Romance peoples like the Italians & French can be assimilated into a Germanic society. There were French Protestants (Huguenots) who settled in England, Holland, Germany & America, and they assimilated into their host populations. They didn't make England or Prussia less Germanic. There are different factors to consider; How many immigrants (Europeans but non-Germanics) are there in ratio to the native Germanic population? A few Italians or Slavs (depending on their subrace) should not have been a problem. But the millions that were allowed to immigrate to the US in the early 20th century, allowed these groups to retain their foreign non-Germanic identities & to form ethnic blocs, that became politically important, especially in the Democratic controlled areas of the northeast & Great Lakes regions. This was detrimental to the interests of the Anglo-American population (by Anglo-American, I include groups that were assimilated into the majority population, such as the Scots, Ulster Irish, Germans & Scandinavians). Irish-Catholics have been a particular problem; they came to America with a grudge against Anglo-Saxons & they have had no particular interest in preserving America's Protestant British heritage. They along with the Jews have been among the most destructive of the "White ethnics". Many White ethnic have no problem with the idea of a "pluralistic society" because they are not part of the Anglo-American group; They are not the ones who are being displaced, culturally or politically by the rapidly changing demographics of the US. One more thing; I sometimes get the impression that many persons, Europeans & Americans, fee that Colonials, particularly Americans, should not object to immigrants or at least not to "White" immigrants. As a descendent of the original settlers I think I'm just as entitled to object to immigrants from anywhere, just as Germans or Frenchmen have the right to object to immigrants from Poland or Romania.

That being said, thealthing is just a place in cyberspace; it's not a real physical place. It is suppose to be Germanic, but I don't see what the problem is with having non-Germanics participate as long as it doesn't alter the stated mission of the owner. I'm sure if it becomes a problem the staff will take care of it.

(Edit: I got confused about which thread I was on with the second paragraph.:o)

Last Online
    Monday, February 18th, 2008 @ 05:49 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Founding Fathers did not intend that the US would become a Germanic nation. The Naturalization Act of 1790 allowed any free, white person to become a citizen.

From the beginning there were non-Germanic US citizens like Tadeusz Kościuszko.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    But they were the exception not the rule. The US was primarily a Anglo-Scottish country up to the 1840s (most Irish settlers up to that time being Ulster-Scots). And I doubt that the founding fathers really imagined that there would ever be immigration from all over Europe to the US, let along the world.

Last Online
    Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 @ 02:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mediterranean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassenpapst View Post
    ¿What was wrong with the KKK?

:

Last Online
    Country
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Americ View Post
    It's not quite that simple. The Irish & Welsh for example are of similar racial background as the English.

Be carefull, AMERIC..........Ireland isn't Germanic racially (genetic studies confirm it's largely autoctonous). Now, if England is of the same racial stock of Ireland, then the logic conclusion is : both Ireland and England are autoctonous, genetically (Germanic migrations turned british isles in a Germanic linguistical domain, but didn't altered the autoctonous genetic structure, especially in the perypherical areas.)

Even Romance peoples like the Italians & French can be assimilated into a Germanic society. There were French Protestants (Huguenots) who settled in England, Holland, Germany & America, and they assimilated into their host populations. They didn't make England or Prussia less Germanic. There are different factors to consider; How many immigrants (Europeans but non-Germanics) are there in ratio to the native Germanic population? A few Italians or Slavs (depending on their subrace) should not have been a problem. But the millions that were allowed to immigrate to the US in the early 20th century, allowed these groups to retain their foreign non-Germanic identities & to form ethnic blocs,
    Read my answers on the other thread (Germanic America)

Irish-Catholics have been a particular problem; they came to America with a grudge against Anglo-Saxons & they have had no particular interest in preserving America's Protestant British heritage. They along with the Jews have been among the most destructive of the "White ethnics".
    Interesting problem......but it's better discuss it in the other thread.

As a descendent of the original settlers I think I'm just as entitled to object to immigrants from anywhere, just as Germans or Frenchmen have the right to object to immigrants from Poland or Romania.
    Ok.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast