Deutschland
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I believe in natural beauty -little make up as possible and healthy diet. I've been told that I am pretty and "hot" often but as I age I don't get the looks and compliments as I once did. I do feel more at ease and less bothered overall. I keep fit and work out to feel vital inside and probably look ten yrs younger than I am. Ageing never feels good to a women and we decline in status mostly. I just don't have as much time with young children to look "pretty" and fashionable anymore. I felt blessed that women in our family age slowly, thanks to good genes. Being healthy and fit I prize more
    What a beautiful statement! We think alike. Except..we do not "decline." On the contrary, women age more graceful than most men. And of course it is important to be healthy and fit at any age, for both men and women.

...yet...what most people understand and view as "beautiful" is most often shallow and most certainly fades with time. However, true beauty originates in the heart and soul of a person. It shines and sparkles in the eyes of a person, through his or her thoughts, words and actions.

Time is not the enemy of such beauty. On the contrary, time is a friend since true beauty is timeless and therefore eternal. One must possess a certain maturity of character to be able to recognize and appreciate such beauty...
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided; and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging the future but by the past.
    Patrick Henry

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 10:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Buskerud Buskerud
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I've never identified as being beautiful, but then again I've never aimed at trying to be beautiful. I've favored a hard and manly look instead, and distance myself as far as I can from the hairless and effeminate modern beauty ideal. I'm athletic and have some aesthetic features, but think my reserved and stoic kind of demeanor makes me hard to approach, which suits me fine.

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    Friday, January 24th, 2020 @ 11:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germans, Hungarians, Slavs
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Democratic National-Conservativ
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjoerd View Post
    I dunno really. I will admit that I have received compliments from women, but not as many as other men. This doesn't bother me. I am healthy and strong, and that is what I consider important.

I would not attempt to argue that physical beauty is trivial, superficial, and does not matter. It is something that should be prized.

There are people out there who can be presented as great examples of Germanic beauty. However, beauty is only one quality of a folk and I would staunchly say that it is NOT the most important quality of our people.

Here are two ideals of Germanic beauty: (as envisioned by Arno Breker)

Most people (including myself) would not fall under the ideal as imagined by individuals like Mr. Breker. This vision of beauty is a true rarity, but I don't think it is wrong to hold these as the ideals...as long as we do not become too enamored by it. Like I said...beauty must be valued, but the attitude towards beauty must be tempered with wisdom and respect for those who do not fit into this very narrow ideal.

The Germanic nations were NOT pushed forward to success and power by chiseled Halstatt Nordid's with platinum hair. Our folk were raised upwards by strong leaders, visionaries, thinkers, creators, risk-takers, and normal hard-working everyday folk.

Also, Bare in mind that beauty and perceptions of beauty change and can be heavily skewed and twisted by society. We live in a foul modern culture where we can be hit with all manner of propaganda regarding beauty. (I don't need to elaborate on examples....)

What I am wondering is what happened to the value of virtue and honour alongside beauty in our people?

From my experience with women....(and I am sure this can also count for the men) rarely do great beauty and great virtue dwell together.

The most beautiful women I have known often were the most shallow, unintelligent, and entitled wenches that a man could ever suffer to have met.

My grandmother had a saying...

"Beauty is only skin-deep. Ugliness of the soul goes right to the bone."
    Well, beauty is not all, futhermore the beauty is absolute relative. A slanted eye or a frizzy hair would not be beauty in a Germanic aspect of view, however the Germanic people are so diverse that we can describe what is the beauty. I have spotted that the pre-war German artits or editors of political publication rather wanted show a generalized beauty, not unmixed Hallstatt Nordid warriors or whatever. (Well, the "unmixed" Nordid's have rather light brown hair, the true platinum blond hair without any brownish or greyish highlight is Cromagnid trait.)

Naturally, without any Media impact or common sense of taste, a human one always find the own traits as most beautiful. The traits came into existence under thausend years of sexual selection, moreover it can show the genetic distance. Thus ugly human does not exist, just different genes. A healthy Negro man regars a Negro woman as most beautiful, not a pale-faced whitey girl.

Well, I red somewhere that nowadays the beautiful women are lesser, as the women always choose the uglier (great genetic distance), but welthier man, thus they bear uglier children. Side by side in the past the most of people were same poor (f.e. in a largely isolated rural village) and the beautiful women could choose the beautiful men. Maybe there is a substratum of truth in it.

Interestingly, sometimes the intellect and the beauty (what is so relative) is in the same one. F.e. I just so wondered when I see that a smart Bavarian lady here with so good posts looks absolutely beautiful.

Last Online
    Friday, August 17th, 2012 @ 12:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    bank robber
    Politics
    conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Beautifulness is something that consist out of different things. For example the bodyshape, clothes, beautifulness of mind / character (I can't say, someone is beautiful when he / she is a bloody dumbass..). Those are just some parts of "beautifulness", I guess.

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 @ 12:53 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Frisian\Saxon
    Subrace
    I am here to find out.
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Groningen Groningen
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Rightist\conservative
    Religion
    I believe in God
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I don't think I am hideously deformed but I'm no Hollywood actor either.
    I've had people tell me I am handsome before, but what worries me is that nobody ever told me that I am beautiful on the inside. Not in those exact words, at least. Well, whatever.

Last Online
    Monday, September 2nd, 2019 @ 09:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    British-German
    Subrace
    Nordid-Cromagnid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Throne and Altar
    Religion
    Aryajnana
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I'd say I am beautiful, but not with the typical connotations the word seems to evoke. I am handsome and have masculine features, but usually when I hear the word "beautiful" the images and concepts that spring to mind are feminine beauty, artistic beauty, and natural beauty rather than something virile.

I also don't know really know what inner beauty is. People often attribute virtues such as kindness, empathy, and lovingness as inwardly beautiful traits, but to me those are just virtues rather than actually beautiful, ie something capable of producing an aesthetic experience. Those virtues can be attractive or make us feel happy, but that isn't the same experience as the experience of the beautiful. Thus I feel often people prop up this notion of inner beauty to make themselves feel better for a lack of outward beauty, either in themselves or others.

I'd say the closest thing to inward beauty is something that cannot be experienced by others but only by ourselves, such as a spiritual experience or the experience of love within yourself.

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 07:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    German Empire German Empire
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so bootyful

I would never ask my "spouse", i.e. this old girly on my side, such a dangerous question. When I have bad luck, she answers "No"!

But now and then a lady whispered in my ear "well done!"

So, if I'm bootyful, I don't know, but I'm sure that I'm verrry special. A so called "Special Device" or "SD"!

I didn't vote, because there's no "special" alternative in the poll.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 12:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    People say I am, but doesn't feel it.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Family
    Married parent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    I would find it kind of pompous to conclude myself. I don't see why we should discard the opinion of our spouse? People often have a subjective opinion of themselves, either they believe themselves to be supermodel beauty or hideously ugly. So it's good to also keep other opinions in mind.

I'd say I was a kind of ugly duckling when I was a child and teenager or maybe I just felt that way because my sister was the sassy one getting the attention. She was the taller, slimmer, prettier, etc. so I guess I have some complexes although she says I am the prettier one since she's had a child. Well, I find women with children much more beautiful than skinny Cosmopolitan models.
    "Tradition doesn't mean holding on to the ashes, it means passing the torch."
    - Thomas Morus (1478-1535)

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 10:42 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    683 Posts
    I feel beat up and rough around the edges and I'm aging more in these last two years than ever. So I no longer if I ever did consider myself beautiful. I still have beautiful thoughts and love things of beauty though and I have trouble smiling like I once did.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.