Knifemaker
    Politics
    Monarchist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

US Military Pledge To Obama, Not Constitution

(This just in - sent to me by someone else - has anyone here heard about this? So far I have not been able to confirm a source --

but I have been expecting this - afterall he the CiC, Annointed One & Pontifex Maximus !!!)

Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution

Conservative News and Reporting "News for the Rest of Us" Michele Chang Secretary of Defense Robert Gates is extremely frustrated with orders that the White House is contemplating. According to sources at the Pentagon, including all branches of the armed forces, the Obama Administration may break with a centuries-old tradition.

A spokesman for General James Cartwright, the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, states that the Obama Administration wants to have soldiers and officers pledge a loyalty oath directly to the office of the President, and no longer to the Constitution.

"The oath to the Constitution is as old as the document itself." the spokesman said, "At no time in American history, not even in the Civil War, did the oath change or the subject of the oath differ. It has always been to the Constitution."

The back-and-forth between the White House and the Defense Department was expected as President George W. Bush left office. President Obama has already signed orders to close Guantanamo and to pull combat troops from Iraq. But, this, say many at the Defense Department, goes to far.
    "Technically, we can't talk about it before it becomes official policy." the spokesman continued. "However, the Defense Department, including the Secretary, will not take this laying down. Expect a fight from the bureaucracy and the brass."

Sources at the White House had a different point of view. In a circular distributed by White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, the rationale for the change was made more clear.

"The President feels that the military has been too indoctrinated by the old harbingers of hate: nationalism, racism, and classism. By removing an oath to the American society, the soldiers are less likely to commit atrocities like those at Abu Ghraib."

"We expect a lot of flak over this," the classified memo continues. "But those that would be most against it are those looking either for attention or control."

The time frame for the changes are unknown. However, it is more likely that the changes will be made around the July 4th holiday, in order to dampen any potential backlash. The difference in the oath will actually only be slight. The main differences will be the new phrasing. It is expected that the oath to the Constitution will be entirely phased out within two years.
    "We live in a time when the final battle is in sight. All that is lacking is the actual shooting." - Reichsmarshall Hermann Göring - 1936

Last Online
    Sunday, August 19th, 2012 @ 11:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    English (50%), German (20%), Irish (12.5%), Lithuanian (12.5%), Scottish, Dutch, French
    Woden, Thunor, Frīg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Well, I have to doubt if this is true given that there is no source and its general nature. However, if it were true I would imagine it is because Obama has said before that the US Constitution is flawed and imperfect.

I think he would like to make some changes to the document, which may be a problem if the military is sworn to protect it.

???

Last Online
    Sunday, May 24th, 2009 @ 06:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norway (P) + Scotland (PM) + Austria (MP + MM) + Swabia (MP) + Prussia (MM)
    Subrace
    Nordid-Atlantid and Bruenn
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Paleo-Liberalism
    Religion
    AGNOS/Athiest
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Obama will just replace the U.S. armed forces with his private security force

Last Online
    Monday, March 26th, 2018 @ 11:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    European Blood, American Soil
    Ancestry
    English, Swedish, Scottish, Irish, German, Welsh
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Beyond left and right
    Religion
    Odin/Thor/Freyr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I fully expect this to be debunked on snopes.com in the next few days.
    The sitters in the hall seldom know
    The kin of the new-comer:
    The best man is marred by faults,
    The worst is not without worth.
    -- The Havamal, #133 (trans. Auden and Taylor)

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 18th, 2016 @ 01:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Politics
    Old Stock Nativism
    Religion
    Heathen Theosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Hmm, I've heard nothing about this at work, and I work in an MI environment where everyone is generally very savvy on any kind of policy changes. I guess we'll see, but I won't be holding my breath.
    "Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time."
    -H.P. Lovecraft

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, September 14th, 2021 @ 07:11 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Texas Texas
    Married, happily
    Occupation
    Knifemaker
    Politics
    Monarchist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oath Flap - urbanlegends.about.com

Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/bar...yalty_oath.htm

Says Michele Chang:

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates is extremely frustrated with orders that the White House is contemplating. According to sources at the Pentagon, including all branches of the armed forces, the Obama Administration may break with a centuries-old tradition.

A spokesman for General James Cartwright, the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, states that the Obama Administration wants to have soldiers and officers pledge a loyalty oath directly to the office of the President, and no longer to the Constitution.

"The oath to the Constitution is as old as the document itself." the spokesman said, "At no time in American history, not even in the Civil War, did the oath change or the subject of the oath differ. It has always been to the Constitution."

Says: urbanlegends.about.com

Comments: Notwithstanding the fact that hordes of far-right conspiracy nuts have reprinted the above as factual, it is false. The putative author, "Michele Chang," doesn't exist. The actual author, a New York college student named Matthew Avitabile, published the piece on his blog, Jumping in Pools, on January 28, 2009. It was tagged as "satire," a detail that fell by the wayside as the text made its way from blog to blog and inbox to inbox in the days that followed.

"Michele Chang is me," Avitabile confirmed in response to an email query. "So, yes, it's fake, and it always has been."

Implausible though it must seem to readers with a reasonably firm grip on reality, the central premise — namely that the new administration intends to replace the military's oath of loyalty to the Constitution with a pledge of loyalty to Obama himself — clearly struck a chord with folks who view the President as a shadowy figure with a nefarious secret agenda who rose to power via a cult of personality. Several of those who reprinted the article explicitly compared Obama to Adolf Hitler.

That analogy was intentional, admits the author, who unapologetically describes the piece as "a creative take on the Wehrmacht pledge in the Third Reich." No conspiracy theorist himself, he insists, Avitabile says he was surprised to find so many people taking it seriously. "Not to say that they were dumb, but I think that the tone of a lot of the rumor-spreading was so quick and so urgent that people really wanted to believe it and spread, spread, spread."

Citing the work of radio personality Phil Hendrie as an influence, Avitabile told me he plans to write more satire in the future and will clearly tag it as such in every case — "if people want to check, that is."

http://jumpinginpools.blogspot.com/2...obama-not.html

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2009/0...-changing.html

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread432424/pg1

http://digg.com/world_news/Obama_Mil...t_Constitution
    "We live in a time when the final battle is in sight. All that is lacking is the actual shooting." - Reichsmarshall Hermann Göring - 1936