Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is the Germanic People You Feel Most Kinship With?

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 @ 11:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic American
    Ancestry
    German, English, Lowland Scottish, Danish, Swedish, Iberian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Racial and Cultural Realist
    Religion
    Deism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I would say I feel the closest to American and Canadian Germanic people. But that being said, whenever I meet Germanic people from Europe whether they be English, German, Dutch, Scandinavian etc. I feel comfortable and experience a sense of familiarity. Looking at them and seeing their mannerisms and facial expressions reminds me of my family and relatives. Oh and I don't mind Australian Germanics either.

Last Online
    Monday, June 15th, 2009 @ 08:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cherusci
    Ancestry
    Phalian
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Anthropologin
    Politics
    free and democratic
    Religion
    Shamanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vingolf View Post
    ...census enumerations compared with tribal enrollment data illustrate that a large proportion of those identifying as *Native American* in the census are not enrolled in Native American tribes, indicating the primacy of meta-tribal identity among Amerindians.

According to Convention C169 self-identifiction as indigenous or "tribal" is the guiding principle:

Self-identification as indigenous or tribal shall be regarded as a fundamental criterion for determining the groups to which the provisions of this Convention apply.
    I see the above definition of indigenous people as groups - probably derived from the law of nations - as problematically and conflicting with the basic individual rights granted by many constitutions.

A paradigm shift from social definition (group) of identity to cultural interpretation (individual) is needed.

Ashera

Schimmelreiter
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, September 4th, 2017 @ 09:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Deutsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashera View Post
    A paradigm shift from social definition (group) of identity to cultural interpretation (individual) is needed.
    This paradigm shift is almost completed within our new status as mass citizens of Roman-Western civilization. How would you improve on this spectacular destruction of our social identity and the resulting desolidarisation and isolation?

I see the above definition of indigenous people as groups - probably derived from the law of nations - as problematically and conflicting with the basic individual rights granted by many constitutions.
    I see this conflict as well and my solution is to downgrade individual rights and burn our constitutions.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 11:16 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauke Haien View Post
    I see this conflict as well and my solution is to downgrade individual rights and burn our constitutions.
    Our Constitutions and Human Rights Charters are not the problem, their interpretation is. 80-90% of the EC Treaty, at least 75% of the ECHR and probably about 95% of our Constitutions, Civil and Criminal Codes are sound enough and do not include unreasonably measures.

However, 98% of all higher-instance judges, 99.7% of all legislators and 85-90% of all legal analysts and theorists are absolute crackpots with a knack for reforming society to their own wicked credentials, lending these provisions their devastating effect.

Few provisions of the larger legal framework would need to be reworked, lest you are going to replace them with a new system altogether: Rather, much of their interpretation should not be so broadly constructed. Freedom of religion is one of the most fundamental points encapsulated, allowing us to freely be Heathens, Agnostics, Atheists, Protestants, Catholics ... but the wide and free application our jurisdiction lends it its devastating, folk-dissolving effect.

Therefore, burn the idiots who interpret them, not the books.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Cherusci
    Ancestry
    Phalian
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Anthropologin
    Politics
    free and democratic
    Religion
    Shamanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This paradigm shift is almost completed within our new status as mass citizens of Roman-Western civilization. How would you improve on this spectacular destruction of our social identity and the resulting desolidarisation and isolation?
    No, this is not what I implied. I mean an entropic bottom-up process and not an inertial top-down construction.

"Social identity" is such a construction, a 19th century phantom, a definitory system of classification.

What is solidarity then, beside some abstract indulgence behavior? This has nothing to do with respect for individual human dignity, or empathy at least.

Even your above mentioned "isolation" - and now the increasing fractalization of cyber space - is a result of top-down constructions - functioning like pressing oranges.

The only concept to put against it, is individuation.

see this conflict as well and my solution is to downgrade individual rights and burn our constitutions.
    Just the contrary.

Ashera

Schimmelreiter
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, September 4th, 2017 @ 09:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Deutsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    What is solidarity then, beside some abstract indulgence behavior?
    In pre-modern society, it was nearly synonymous with kinship and personal loyalty; in modern societies it is based on patriotism, localism, and even internationalism, functioning as substitutes.

This has nothing to do with respect for individual human dignity, or empathy at least.
    Very true.

Even your above mentioned "isolation" - and now the increasing fractalization of cyber space - is a result of top-down constructions - functioning like pressing oranges.

The only concept to put against it, is individuation.
    Individuals are tied into these constructions through individual rights as a primary principle of order, which enabled the creation of an anonymous mass in the first place. Individuation, including collective individuation, can only take place by returning meaning to these rights and making them dependent on a non-abstract social context.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Cherusci
    Ancestry
    Phalian
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Anthropologin
    Politics
    free and democratic
    Religion
    Shamanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Individuals are tied into these constructions through individual rights as a primary principle of order, which enabled the creation of an anonymous mass in the first place. Individuation, including collective individuation, can only take place by returning meaning to these rights and making them dependent on a non-abstract social context.
    I do not think that individual rights are constructable by any objective order, because this would mean an allocation of claims. This directly leads to the formation of the anonymous mass, and the "individual rights" become means of atomization, isolation and fractalization, and as such meaningless.

In the run of my argumentation individual rights are only thinkable and enforcable as "individual achievments", as evolutionary bottom-up processes. In principle this implies a pragmatic approach.

The result of such processes should be conscious and free operating individuals. If they cognitive-logically unify - call it "non-abstract social" -. nothing speaks against it.

Ashera

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Our Constitutions and Human Rights Charters are not the problem, their interpretation is.
    No, they are exactly the problem. The very fact that they give room to such "interpretations" is enough to burn them.
    The Grundgeschwätz is utter crap, so are the human rights charters, they are a product of egalitarianism and other degenerate ideas of the French Devolution.

I do not think that individual rights are constructable by any objective order, because this would mean an allocation of claims. This directly leads to the formation of the anonymous mass, and the "individual rights" become means of atomization, isolation and fractalization, and as such meaningless.
    This is wishful thinking, law of nature has it that all rights are granted arbitrarily by the strongest power.

In the run of my argumentation individual rights are only thinkable and enforcable as "individual achievments", as evolutionary bottom-up processes. In principle this implies a pragmatic approach.
    How is this contradicting an "allocation of claims"?
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Cherusci
    Ancestry
    Phalian
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Anthropologin
    Politics
    free and democratic
    Religion
    Shamanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    This is wishful thinking, law of nature has it that all rights are granted arbitrarily by the strongest power.
    This is 19th century belief.

A so-called "law of nature" - a static concept - is a fiction. Today we talk about rules in sciences, and these never were invariant, not even in "universal" perspective.

And why should a gorilla lead a complex system at a highly developed scientific, technological and cultural level?

Ashera
    Last edited by Ashera; Saturday, February 14th, 2009 at 09:22 AM. Reason: bout > about

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    A so-called "law of nature" - a static concept - is a fiction. Today we talk about rules in sciences, and these never were invariant, not even in "universal" perspective.
    So tell me, where does the weak rule over the strong?
    And what we talk about today, is not necessarily and advancement of what we talked about "yesterday", trying to argue with a time line seems fishy here.

And why should a gorilla lead a complex system at a highly developed scientific, technological and cultural level?
    Strength is not something to be reduced to a mere physical level.
    However, you still ask why, I don't know why in every case, I only know that the weak can not prevent the strong to rule. Prove me wrong if you can.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast