Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Council Disregard Objections of 3,000 Residents to Traveller Site As ‘They Are Racist’

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siebenbürgerin View Post
    Hmm, what's more outrageous to me is the wish of thousands of residents was denied. Even if it was 'racist'. Because forcing a decision on so many people is tyrannic in my view. ... It seems some people will just use the racist accusation to cause intimidation.
    This is certainly the case. Britain is the most sickeningly PC place on Earth, and this has encouraged the Orwellian nightmare that is unfolding there now. What's next? Every single native Brit in Britain votes BNP, and some pakistani bureaucrat declares their votes invalid because they are "racist?" I think everyone involved needs to watch this video and get some respect for the will of the people (including themselves!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlHbYpRMRvE

Quote Originally Posted by BeornWulfWer View Post
    As compared to the other 24 thousand who raised no objection?
    Does every man, woman, and child need to directly resist this? 3000 out of 24,000 is quite a large ratio for activists, and much of the silent majority would likely agree with them if they cared to offer an opinion. The point is, do a few Winston Smiths have the right to disregard everyone's objections because of the party's propaganda line?

Last Online
    Friday, February 8th, 2019 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt
    Ancestry
    West Country Zider 'ead.
    Subrace
    Brünn/Keltic-Nordic
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Slinger
    Politics
    Uncer Dæg Willa Becuman
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huginn ok Muninn View Post
    Does every man, woman, and child need to directly resist this?
    Yes. With hard facts and no silly little quibbles.

3000 out of 24,000 is quite a large ratio for activists, and much of the silent majority would likely agree with them if they cared to offer an opinion.
    "Cared" being the operative word.

The point is, do a few Winston Smiths have the right to disregard everyone's objections because of the party's propaganda line?
    Yes. When even the council stated themselves that the majority of the letters were simply vile, racist and incorrect opinions, but the rest they kept to put under consideration, would hint largely at the truth of the matter.

Get past the sensationalism of a subject, you find the truths. In the case of the Gypsies, the truths are often very different to that portayed by the media and the public.

If, on the other hand, the Gypsies were taken out of the equation and Negroes or Muslims were stood in their stead, the facts and statistics and the undeniable truths could be brought out with God like conviction.
    Yet, the irony is, the people will reject their own folk on the whim of some Roger the Rag headline and some flaky recollection told by one mate to his mate who heard from his mate that his mate once overheard two mates chatting about Gypsies and base whole scenarios around these, but happily accept Negroes and Muslims instead.

Simply amazing. Welcome to the idiocy of Britain.
    Last edited by BeornWulfWer; Sunday, February 1st, 2009 at 09:52 PM. Reason: .
    "The only way to get smarter is to play a smarter opponent."

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, June 11th, 2016 @ 01:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeornWulfWer View Post
    Yes. When even the council stated themselves that the majority of the letters were simply vile, racist and incorrect opinions, but the rest they kept to put under consideration, would hint largely at the truth of the matter.
    You are still bang out of order on this point Beorn. A form of government ostensibly based on representation should not care about WHY people think the way they do, but merely listen to WHAT they want.

I did speak to an MP once about unrelated immigration matters, and he dismissed my opinions because of his perception of the feelings that motivated them. That is just so wrong. What business is it of elected officials to question the desires of their masters, the people? Just goes to show what a mockery democracy is.

Politicians should be a means to an end, a tool for the people, not the self-appointed filters, modifiers and downright perverters of the popular will!
    If, on the other hand, the Gypsies were taken out of the equation and Negroes or Muslims were stood in their stead, the facts and statistics and the undeniable truths could be brought out with God like conviction.
    Do you remember when loads of Brummies from council estates were moved into small rural places like Newtown in Powys? The locals were suitably impressed. And this is not even Gypsies. This is the same sort of thing.
    Yet, the irony is, the people will reject their own folk on the whim of some Roger the Rag headline and some flaky recollection told by one mate to his mate who heard from his mate that his mate once overheard two mates chatting about Gypsies and base whole scenarios around these, but happily accept Negroes and Muslims instead.
    Why are you so convinced that people's views are shaped only by the newspapers? Local multikulti papers here wouldn't dare print anything against Gypsies, and yet there's the same attitudes to be found as in the site in the article.

You know some good Gypsies, fine. Who denies the existence of some at least? Even in Russia, where they look far more exotic, I know of one respectable man who left the 'Tabun' to live as a settled normal honest person, and he's well liked on the Dacha community where he spends much of his time.

My family's directly experienced the flipside of the coin though. And let me tell you this; the culprits were got hold of and made to regret their theft. They'd acted as they did because they were outsiders here, and didn't know who they were dealing with, if you see what I mean. And that's the problem - outsiders, dumped on people en masse. Surely there's some place where those in the article have more connections?

Last Online
    Friday, February 8th, 2019 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt
    Ancestry
    West Country Zider 'ead.
    Subrace
    Brünn/Keltic-Nordic
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Slinger
    Politics
    Uncer Dæg Willa Becuman
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswiu View Post
    You are still bang out of order on this point Beorn. A form of government ostensibly based on representation should not care about WHY people think the way they do, but merely listen to WHAT they want.
    I quite agree, to an extent.

An opinion is worthy of ones ear, but only so much can a composed rational debate take of simple minded ad hominem slurs, stereotypes and biased views.

I think the article gives us some clue as to the real story underlining it.

Article: However, such objections were not appreciated by Mid-Bedfordshire District Council, which partially or fully rejected nearly nine in ten of the replies for including comments 'of a racist nature'.
    So, not all, then?

Article: Weeks after asking for residents' views earlier this year, the council posted an article on its website entitled 'Racist Comments Not Welcome'.
    T' would seem a tad over exaggerated even for a bastion of multiculturalism such as councils!

Article: It claimed the council's 'duty of community leadership' meant it had to crack down on the use of racial stereotypes, and revealed that while 400 responses would be considered, 3,100 were in some way racist and would be rejected.
    So it seems the civil and composed opinions avoided the net to land upon the ears of those elected.

The council even sent letters to objectors telling them their views had been deemed offensive and would not be taken account of.
    Again, a trifle over the top for such "*entirely reasonable grounds"

(* Quote Lucy Clarke from Stotfold)

I did speak to an MP once about unrelated immigration matters, and he dismissed my opinions because of his perception of the feelings that motivated them. That is just so wrong.
    I agree with you, Oswiu. That sort of dismissal of ones constituents is wrong and clearly motivated by a hidden, perhaps personal agenda.

Purely out of interest, who was the MP?

What business is it of elected officials to question the desires of their masters, the people? Just goes to show what a mockery democracy is.
    Agreeable with you again. The litany of benefits the "overlords" wish to make us believe the freedom we rightfully have under a democratic system is scandalous.
    Yet, at times the crunch has to be tackled, the moment has to be seized and the decisions, unpopular or not, have to be decided.

Politicians should be a means to an end, a tool for the people, not the self-appointed filters, modifiers and downright perverters of the popular will!
    Agree with you again.

Do you remember when loads of Brummies from council estates were moved into small rural places like Newtown in Powys? The locals were suitably impressed. And this is not even Gypsies. This is the same sort of thing.
    State of Brummies, you often are mistaken in assuming that though

Why are you so convinced that people's views are shaped only by the newspapers?
    Because mostly they are.

It's not till you have dealt with the certainty of actual face-to-face experiences that one can make a concerted attempt at debating the situation.

Who denies the existence of some at least?
    I have never denied that Gypsies are not all angels. It seems people are quick to attribute me with that claim, but will be hard pressed to find the statement from me to back that absurd claim.

Even in Russia, where they look far more exotic, I know of one respectable man who left the 'Tabun' to live as a settled normal honest person, and he's well liked on the Dacha community where he spends much of his time.
    It seems this fellow is one of many who can be totted down to successfully assimilating into the community.
    Many have done so in Britain. You never seem to hear of those though!
    Last edited by Siebenbürgerin; Monday, February 2nd, 2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Removing personal rants and provocations
    "The only way to get smarter is to play a smarter opponent."

Last Online
    Saturday, May 2nd, 2009 @ 03:55 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch/German
    Country
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Single adult
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    For those who were wondering, I think this picture that I found perfectly illustrates the racial difference between English people and 'English' gypsies:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 @ 03:45 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Engaged
    Politics
    Not liberal
    Religion
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It is amazing what will get you called a 'racist' nowadays.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Beorn's responses to this thread are a joke. The same thing is happening in my area. It's a normal English reaction not to want lesser races moving into the area, reducing our property's value and stealing from our dustbins.

Needless to say, people in my area are also petitioning and will undoubtedly be ignored.

Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 @ 01:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't think hardly anybody even thinks of gypsies as a race in England, most people just don't like caravan dwelling scum.

EDIT: Do we even have that many romani in caravans?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deifr View Post
    I don't think hardly anybody even thinks of gypsies as a race in England, most people just don't like caravan dwelling scum.

EDIT: Do we even have that many romani in caravans?
    British Gypsies' atypical appearance is either down to cross-breeding with Romani, or just the result of the nation's genetic smeg percolating down to them. I honestly think it's a combination. A lot of British Gypsies refer to themselves as Roma, but I doubt any are really intelligent enough to know their ethnic background, and likely they simply eagerly snatch the most pretentious name available to them.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, February 11th, 2012 @ 02:44 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Viking-Celtic Briton
    Ancestry
    Yorkshire/Mercia/South Manchester/Abergavenny/Ireland/Scandinavia and Germany
    Subrace
    Borreby-Brunnid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Family
    Single :(
    Religion
    superstishus
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well what was the flaming point of asking for feedback if you ignore the feedback because you don't like the answer?

Oh Gabriel blow your horn!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast