Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Thread: My View on the Volksdeutsche

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    Sunday, February 15th, 2009 @ 06:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    75%German-25%Polish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Politics
    Varied
    Posts
    165
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    My View on the Volksdeutsche

    I have to admit that I do not support the idea of any German enclaves in otherwise unGerman areas. The US and Canada (and possibly Australia and NZ) are exceptions.

    While I'm pro-German, I can't be in favor of groups who are part of a country and show no affinity for that country nor its culture and customs, and from everything I've gathered the Volkdeutsche have never tried to be a part of any of their adopted countries in anyway. I have read that historically these Volkdeutsche, while not criminals nor sponges off society, have acted as if their adopted countries don't even exist. I've read that they have been known to refuse en masse to do things as simple as filling out census forms.

    Even if the ancestors of these ethnic Germans were given an open invitation by Romania or the Czech Republic or Russia or wherever, I would understand any and all animosity that the common Romanians, Czechs, Russians, etc. may have towards them.

    I think the Third Reich was doing the right thing to try to remove the Jews from Germany, so it would be hypocritical of me to have any problem with any non-German country trying to rid itself of Germans. (I am not talking about any final solution. I am talking about taking administrative steps to encourage emmigration.) I think Germany is currently giving free reign to too many foreign undesirables, who don't belong there, and while the Volkdeutsche are productive and contribute to their adopted homelands, I can't help but view them in a similar light.

    I don't expect any Volkdeutsche here to care what I think, but I would be interested in any and all views on the subject.

    (The US and Canada are obvious exceptions due the nature of their development. Australia and New Zealand may be excepted as well, although possibly not because their history is decidedly British until relatively recently.)

  2. #2
    Senior Member Brynhild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    Friday, May 8th, 2009 @ 02:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Subrace
    Heinz variety
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    New South Wales New South Wales
    Location
    South Coast
    Gender
    Age
    55
    Family
    It's nobody's business!
    Occupation
    Cleaner/Home duties
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Posts
    668
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In regards to Australia, you would be right about the settlement being mostly British. However, there were also free Germans who settled here and made important contributions to our society.

    I know such communities are tight knit in this country, but whether or not they refuse to assimilate, I can't really say for certain. Other Germanic enclaves, like the Dutch and South Africans for example, embrace their new country and join in wholeheartedly.

    What I do know about the Germans are that they tend to keep to themselves, you never hear of them causing trouble or making waves. They'd make the best neighbours!
    Dick Dastardly: "MUTTLEY, DO SOMETHING!!!!"
    Muttley: "Hehehehehehehehehe"

    "And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." - Albus Dumbledore, from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

  3. #3
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Sissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    Saturday, May 7th, 2011 @ 08:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Austrian-German
    Ancestry
    Viennese
    Country
    Austria Austria
    State
    Vienna Vienna
    Gender
    Politics
    Nationalist-libertarian
    Posts
    349
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I must say, that's a pretty warped view. Then by your definition, the New World, which is a result of European settlement is hypocritical? If the Native Americans wanted to rid themselves of the colonists from the New World, it would be acceptable to you, in the name of morality? Be careful with this "don't do to others what you don't want done to yourself" morality, because you're no saint either. No one is.

    My opinion is this: I don't care if it's hypocritical to support ethnic Germans. I care about my people more than about foreigners, therefore I support them anywhere and everywhere. My people are more important to me than theoretical and relativist concepts of morality. I leave the concerns about foreigners to anti-racist activists. In fact, the anti-racists always remind our countries of the "imperialist past" and use it as an excuse to give more and more benefits to foreigners while they rob us of the most basic rights.

    P.S. Some of the ethnic Germans exist in countries like Russia, Poland, the Czech Republic, because where they live was originally German land. The Sudetenland for example, which was occupied. The ethnic Germans there are right not to feel any connection to their occupiers.
    THINK! It's not illegal yet.

  4. #4
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Siebenbürgerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Location
    Hermannstadt
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Posts
    2,732
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    216
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    403
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Hmm, I don't care about your personal view, but I just want to clarify something: I don't know of any Romanians who have feelings of "animosity" towards Transylvanian Saxons. In fact, in my city, Hermannstadt, most Romanians voted for a German party, the Democratic Forum of Germans in Romania and for a German mayor, Klaus Johannis, who was voted Personality of the Year for a European Romania. So, the German ethnics brought positive things to Transylvania, which are appreciated by Romanians.

  5. #5
    Senior Member SwordOfTheVistula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Location
    Washington DC
    Gender
    Age
    40
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Posts
    2,984
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I figure anyone with any sense will go to where one can best provide for oneself and one's family, regardless of where one's relatives has resided in the past. People have moved all over the place just in the past couple thousand years of recorded history, and probably long before that as well.
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    Sunday, February 15th, 2009 @ 06:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    75%German-25%Polish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Politics
    Varied
    Posts
    165
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissi View Post
    I must say, that's a pretty warped view. Then by your definition, the New World, which is a result of European settlement is hypocritical? If the Native Americans wanted to rid themselves of the colonists from the New World, it would be acceptable to you, in the name of morality? Be careful with this "don't do to others what you don't want done to yourself" morality, because you're no saint either. No one is..
    Native Americans would have every right in the world to try to rid Europeans from their land.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sissi View Post
    My opinion is this: I don't care if it's hypocritical to support ethnic Germans. I care about my people more than about foreigners, therefore I support them anywhere and everywhere. My people are more important to me than theoretical and relativist concepts of morality. I leave the concerns about foreigners to anti-racist activists. In fact, the anti-racists always remind our countries of the "imperialist past" and use it as an excuse to give more and more benefits to foreigners while they rob us of the most basic rights..
    I'm trying to balance my support for ethnic Germans with being fair. I don't like that Germany is inundated by foreigners who don't respect the country, so I won't support any ethnic Germans who are doing the same elsewhere. In fact even here in the USA I would resent it if Germans came and closed up communities and showed no interest in learning about my country. I don't like when Mexicans do it, so I'm not going to like it when Germans do it either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sissi View Post
    P.S. Some of the ethnic Germans exist in countries like Russia, Poland, the Czech Republic, because where they live was originally German land. The Sudetenland for example, which was occupied. The ethnic Germans there are right not to feel any connection to their occupiers.
    These cases are different. I would need to know the history of the area, before making my decision. I'd likely support ethnic Germans living in Alsace Loraine, but would be less likely to support ethnic Germans from formerly German areas of Russia, as these were taken by force by Germany to begin with.

  7. #7
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Sissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    Saturday, May 7th, 2011 @ 08:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Austrian-German
    Ancestry
    Viennese
    Country
    Austria Austria
    State
    Vienna Vienna
    Gender
    Politics
    Nationalist-libertarian
    Posts
    349
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Native Americans would have every right in the world to try to rid Europeans from their land.
    I guess the anti-European ideology of guilt and self-hatred has had its say on your world view. Sad.

    I'm trying to balance my support for ethnic Germans with being fair. I don't like that Germany is inundated by foreigners who don't respect the country, so I won't support any ethnic Germans who are doing the same elsewhere. In fact even here in the USA I would resent it if Germans came and closed up communities and showed no interest in learning about my country. I don't like when Mexicans do it, so I'm not going to like it when Germans do it either.
    You would prefer it if Mexicans lived the American way, sang your anthem, flew your flag and mixed with your people? Integration is the enemy of preservation. There's something else I don't understand, you say you wouldn't blame non-German countries if they wanted to rid themselves of ethnic Germans. You think they should go ba ck to Germany. But at the same time you want them to integrate. If ethnic Germans integrate, they will lose connection to their heritage and they won't feel at home if they're brought back to Germany. Maybe the Germans won't want them either. This is happening as a matter of fact, with some of them. The occupational forces didn't allow them to retain their heritage, so they turned into identitiless individuals. That's a really sad fact.

    These cases are different. I would need to know the history of the area, before making my decision. I'd likely support ethnic Germans living in Alsace Loraine, but would be less likely to support ethnic Germans from formerly German areas of Russia, as these were taken by force by Germany to begin with.
    That's not true.
    http://forums.skadi.net/showpost.php...89&postcount=1

    But for the sake of the argument, we could go back in time long enough, and no one would "rightfully belong" where he is. I guess I should "go back" to Scandinavia since that's the "womb" Germanics emerged from, or even further, we should all go back to Africa or wherever our ancestors originally came to life.
    THINK! It's not illegal yet.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    Sunday, February 15th, 2009 @ 06:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    75%German-25%Polish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Politics
    Varied
    Posts
    165
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siebenbürgerin View Post
    Hmm, I don't care about your personal view, but I just want to clarify something: I don't know of any Romanians who have feelings of "animosity" towards Transylvanian Saxons.
    Maybe this is true. Maybe your situation is different from that of other Volkdeutsche of which I've read. But what would the rank and file of this forum think about the opposite happening in Germany? A foreign group living in Germany, not wanting to learn German, not wanting to become Germans, wanting to keep all of their customs and adopt none of the Germans - what would Germans think of that?

    A couple of Germans have told me that the current descendants of Polish immigrants from the 1800's have been accepted as Germans, mainly due to the fact that most have had the Polish bred out of them by mating with Germans and because they've given up all of their Polish customs. You on the otherhand have made it clear that you would never mate with a Romanian or give up your German customs. That's fine. But if it was and is ok for the Germans to resent the Jews and Roma and Sorbs and any other foreign element for being that way, then it would be ok for Romanians to resent you for being that way.

  9. #9
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Sissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    Saturday, May 7th, 2011 @ 08:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Austrian-German
    Ancestry
    Viennese
    Country
    Austria Austria
    State
    Vienna Vienna
    Gender
    Politics
    Nationalist-libertarian
    Posts
    349
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    But what would the rank and file of this forum think about the opposite happening in Germany? A foreign group living in Germany, not wanting to learn German, not wanting to become Germans, wanting to keep all of their customs and adopt none of the Germans - what would Germans think of that?
    I don't want foreigners to learn German and adopt my country's customs and culture. I don't want foreigners here to begin with, but if they're going to be here, they shouldn't integrate and become assimilated by my ethnos, because then it will be near impossible to repatriate them. I'd prefer ethnic enclaves of foreigners to them mingling everywhere.
    THINK! It's not illegal yet.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    Sunday, February 15th, 2009 @ 06:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    75%German-25%Polish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Politics
    Varied
    Posts
    165
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissi View Post
    I guess the anti-European ideology of guilt and self-hatred has had its say on your world view. Sad.
    I'm not saying I want the Native American to succeed. I'm saying I would not resent him for wanting his land back. It's like sport - I want to beat you but I'm not going to be outraged that you want to beat me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sissi View Post
    You would prefer it if Mexicans lived the American way, sang your anthem, flew your flag and mixed with your people?
    Mexicans here should live our way. They should sing our national anthem. They should fly our flag. If one of them falls in love with one of us and vice versa, then who am I to say they shouldn't procreate? If it's infatuation due to racial differences, then it's unfortunate. But if it's true love, then it's true love. C'est la vie.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sissi View Post
    Integration is the enemy of preservation. There's something else I don't understand, you say you wouldn't blame non-German countries if they wanted to rid themselves of ethnic Germans. You think they should go ba ck to Germany. But at the same time you want them to integrate.
    I feel that an immigrant has a responsibility to become a part of his/her new country. If not, then they shouldn't complain if the citizens resent them.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sissi View Post
    That's not true.
    http://forums.skadi.net/showpost.php...89&postcount=1



    But for the sake of the argument, we could go back in time long enough, and no one would "rightfully belong" where he is. I guess I should "go back" to Scandinavia since that's the "womb" Germanics emerged from, or even further, we should all go back to Africa or wherever our ancestors originally came to life.
    These lands have become Slavic. I won't say it's wrong if Germany wants to go and get them back. Every group has the right to self-determination. I just think that now that it's Russian, it's Russian, and if I were a Rusky I'd resent Germans living there and speaking German and not having any loyalty to my country.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sissi View Post
    I don't want foreigners to learn German and adopt my country's customs and culture. I don't want foreigners here to begin with, but if they're going to be here, they shouldn't integrate and become assimilated by my ethnos, because then it will be near impossible to repatriate them. I'd prefer ethnic enclaves of foreigners to them mingling everywhere.
    I don't feel as strongly about separatism as you. I think it's interesting that occasionally you'll stumble across a Canaris or a Potente or a Borowski, and he or she is evidence of a longdead foreign ancestor whose legacy has become entirely German.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Volkliste and the Volksdeutsche of Poland
    By prussianwolf in forum Germanic Diaspora, Enclaves, & Influences
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Friday, July 8th, 2016, 10:50 AM
  2. Die Volksdeutsche Liga
    By Frans_Jozef in forum The German Countries
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 07:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •