Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colonist Pioneer Descendants Here?

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 15th, 2012 @ 11:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon Southron
    Ancestry
    Angelcynn/Gaeilge/Deutsch
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    coal miner
    Politics
    Folkish/Libertarian/Secessionist
    Religion
    Heathen (Fyrnsidu/"Odinist")
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Colonist Pioneer Descendants Here?

I am something of a genealogy buff, have traced my direct paternal ancestry and many other lines besides to English colonists at Jamestown, Virginia,the Carolinas, and Maryland in the 1600's, the Founding stock of this country.
    My 12th great grandfather from whom I inherited my surname was a Londoner that settled at Jamestowne in 1622, right after the "King Philip Massacre" of the colonists by the local Powhatan Indians.
    Another ancestor of this period apparently served in the early House of Burgesses in Virginia.
    Have many other American folk on this board been able to trace their ancestry and roots primarily back to the early colonist settlements?

Last Online
    Monday, March 26th, 2018 @ 11:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    European Blood, American Soil
    Ancestry
    English, Swedish, Scottish, Irish, German, Welsh
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Beyond left and right
    Religion
    Odin/Thor/Freyr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    My main lineage goes back to 1640s Connecticut. Side roots lead to the Mayflower and to eighteenth century Pennsylvania.
    The sitters in the hall seldom know
    The kin of the new-comer:
    The best man is marred by faults,
    The worst is not without worth.
    -- The Havamal, #133 (trans. Auden and Taylor)

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    We've been able to trace our family back to North Carolina, where our family still has Heritage sites standing there today, which has been the place where alot of our family reunions have been held to this day. After North Carolina, we went further north, where we settled in Canada as United Empire Loyalists when the Revolution broke out in exchange for grants of farm land by the King of England, where more Heritage sites were established and are still frequented by family members today, in Upper Canada Village. The exact site of our family farm is featured on the website here..

That was, of course, during a time when the German blood in my line was much more potent and pure than it is today, which is to be expected when living in a former colony with a mixture of different European races. Although I do still 'feel' the German-ness in my soul, and am still proud of the ancestry my family has gifted me with, I identify myself much more with the Franco side, which has been where almost all of my breeding has come from in more recent generations, accounting for about 60% of my background.

But yes, my family has been in the U.S during it's foundation (even if we didn't contribute to it after the Revolution) and in pre-confederation period in Canada. So yes, I like to think of myself as a Pioneer descendant with enough sweat and blood in the soil to earn myself a bit land to call my own in this country..

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts
    Most of my ancestors were in the US pre-Revolution. I have ancestoral lines going back to 17th century Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New England, New York/New Nethelands, New Sweden/Delaware. My paternal ancestors were among the earliest settlers in New Jersey, Pennsylvania & later Ohio. Some of my ancestors were the first Europeans to settle in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Netherlands & New Sweden.

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 15th, 2012 @ 11:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon Southron
    Ancestry
    Angelcynn/Gaeilge/Deutsch
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    coal miner
    Politics
    Folkish/Libertarian/Secessionist
    Religion
    Heathen (Fyrnsidu/"Odinist")
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas Aequitas View Post
    We've been able to trace our family back to North Carolina, where our family still has Heritage sites standing there today, which has been the place where alot of our family reunions have been held to this day. After North Carolina, we went further north, where we settled in Canada as United Empire Loyalists when the Revolution broke out in exchange for grants of farm land by the King of England, where more Heritage sites were established and are still frequented by family members today, in Upper Canada Village. The exact site of our family farm is featured on the website here..

That was, of course, during a time when the German blood in my line was much more potent and pure than it is today, which is to be expected when living in a former colony with a mixture of different European races. Although I do still 'feel' the German-ness in my soul, and am still proud of the ancestry my family has gifted me with, I identify myself much more with the Franco side, which has been where almost all of my breeding has come from in more recent generations, accounting for about 60% of my background.

But yes, my family has been in the U.S during it's foundation (even if we didn't contribute to it after the Revolution) and in pre-confederation period in Canada. So yes, I like to think of myself as a Pioneer descendant with enough sweat and blood in the soil to earn myself a bit land to call my own in this country..
    My ancestors seem to have been on the Patriot "rebel" side during the War of Independence.
    One of them was killed at the battle of Ft. Washington,NY in 1776 serving in a Pennsylvania unit, his son another ancestor also serving in the same regiment.
    Another ancestor contributed "Service" to the Patriot cause in North Carolina according to the Daughters of the Revolution.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beowulf wodenson View Post
    Another ancestor contributed "Service" to the Patriot cause in North Carolina according to the Daughters of the Revolution.
    Aye.. It's quite possible that it was your family that my family was escaping from when this sort of thing broke out, lol.

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 18th, 2016 @ 01:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Country
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Politics
    Old Stock Nativism
    Religion
    Heathen Theosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well, my ancestor's weren't the English colonists, but the French, most of whom arrived in the 1500s. Excepting a handful of lines that 'dead end' in the early 1800s, nearly every one of my ancestral lines traces back to those colonists. One of the few non-French lines , goes back definitively to West Virginia. I'm pretty sure that this fellow, William Moore, was a soldier in the Revolution, but since he's got one of the most stereotypical and common Scottish names, it's proving to be impossible to distinguish him from the other dozen William Moores that lived in the same county at the same time.
    "Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time."
    -H.P. Lovecraft

Last Online
    Friday, July 13th, 2018 @ 09:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    California California
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Most of my family was here pretty early.

I found one Mayflower ancestor, a lot of New England, including early Maine, Boston, Braintree, Hartford, Salem, Ipswich. There were some town founders in New Jersey, also Jamestown. I have colonial Dutch and German ancestry too.

It sounds like some of us have a lot of the same ancestors.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, June 12th, 2010 @ 07:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Deitsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've found most of my ancestors came to Pennsylvania around 1720's. Settled in PA and just never left. The farthest I've traced back is to 1650's Switzerland/Southern Germany.

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 22nd, 2009 @ 09:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old American
    Subrace
    Old American
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Family
    Married, happily
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Nonaffiliated libertarian
    Religion
    Northern Traditions Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    My paternal line entered America in the 1640s in the Barnstable, Mass. area. I've several Revolutionary War vets and a vet of the War of 1812 from that bunch. My maternal line is a bit harder to trace, but through one of her grandparents it goes back to the Carters of Virginia. I did take a CC class on tracing one's ancestors this past autumn, and it helped immensely.
    It Ain't Rocket Surgery!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast