View Poll Results: Should DNA testing be mandatory for all births?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 75.00%
  • No

12 25.00%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Men Raising Children Not Their Own / Should DNA Testing Be Mandatory For All Births?

Last Online
    Thursday, July 14th, 2016 @ 09:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    English/German/Scottish/Dutch
    Ancestry
    Saxony-Anhalt
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Yes
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Let's talk...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    General philosophy.

Don't want to take this thread any farther off the point than it already is, though. I think I've said about everything I have to say here. I see enforced testing as an idea that has high costs and limited benefits to the group as a whole, by which I mean the greatest good for the greatest number of individuals. The priorities of a few members that elevate eugenic concerns over all other concerns of cost, privacy, domestic peace, and government power seem wildly disproportionate to me.

Keep in mind also, that unless this discussion is simply about "wouldn't the world be a better place if Jäger were emperor?", then you have to take into account the sensibilities of others who will be involved in the legislative process. The government that has the power to enforce DNA testing would also, for example, have the power to classify all public racial purity conversations as 'hate speech'. If you want a government that has power to push your agenda, you have to beware that that same government doesn't take the power and let you keep your agenda.

"That government is best which governs least."

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Löwenherz View Post
    Don't want to take this thread any farther off the point than it already is, though. I think I've said about everything I have to say here.
    Well then.

Quote Originally Posted by Löwenherz View Post
    If you want a government that has power to push your agenda, you have to beware that that same government doesn't take the power and let you keep your agenda.
    As a German I know this very well, yet the absence of power is nothing a German spirit can tolerate.

Geh'! gehorche meinen Winken,
    Nutze deine jungen Tage,
    Lerne zeitig klüger seyn:
    Auf des Glückes großer Waage
    Steht die Zunge selten ein:
    Du mußt steigen oder sinken.
    Du mußt herrschen und gewinnen,
    Oder dienen und verlieren,
    Leiden oder triumphiren,
    Amboß oder Hammer seyn.
    - Goethe
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Friday, April 24th, 2009 @ 03:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    american
    Subrace
    nordish
    full-time parent/exemplar
    Politics
    reality > reason > rights
    Religion
    no beliefs - knowledge
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

in real life, unsurprisingly, individuals create a solution to most problems that "require" government intervention

Identigene today announced the Identigene DNA Paternity Test Kit is now available in select discount stores and supercenters in central Texas, bringing the total number of retail locations in which the kit is sold to nearly 15,500. Less than a year after its initial retail launch, the Identigene DNA Paternity Test Kit has provided peace-of-mind to tens of thousands of people across the country.

Doubt over a child's paternity is a common question for hundreds of thousands of people whose perception has been that paternity testing requires court involvement, weeks of waiting for results, and a cost of multiple hundreds of dollars. But Identigene, an industry pioneer in DNA identification testing, now offers an over-the-counter paternity testing kit that is private, convenient, affordable and reliable--a relief to Clayton Hall of Easly, South Carolina, and many like him.

Hall's experience is poignant. He held the envelope containing a sample of his DNA and one from Chloe--the child he is raising as his daughter--over the open slot of a U.S. Mail drop box for more than five minutes, deciding. If he let go of the envelope, in a few days he may learn something upsetting about that relationship. But if he didn't find out the truth, the question of Chloe's paternity would continue to nag him for life.

"The Identigene DNA Paternity Test Kit was an inexpensive way for me to clear up doubts and to know the truth," said Hall. "Keep in mind, the test result wasn't going to change my support for Chloe. I was there when she was born and with her every step of the way. Still, a few days after I mailed in our DNA samples when I learned I was Chloe's biological father, I was ecstatic."

To use the kit, DNA paternity test participants collect a DNA sample by rubbing the inside of their mouths using swabs provided in the kit. The DNA samples, along with consent forms and lab fee, are then sent in a postage-paid return envelope to Identigene for processing. Results are available within three to five business days of receipt at the laboratory. Customers can choose to receive results by mail or online through a secured Web service. All information remains strictly confidential.

Availability and Pricing
    The Identigene DNA Paternity Test is now available in discount stores and supercenters in central Texas in addition to Rite Aid, Walgreens, Fruth and other pharmacies in 48 states across the country. The kit is not offered in New York because a state law requires a doctor's prescription or a court order to initiate a DNA test.

Suggested retail price for an Identigene DNA Paternity Test Collection Kit is $29.99. The laboratory processing fee for the personal peace-of-mind test is $119. An option is available for retail customers who want to use test results in legal proceedings that provides specific collection and secure chain-of-custody procedures for the DNA samples. The processing fee for test results for use in legal proceedings is $319, which includes the lab fee.

About Identigene
    Identigene, a Sorenson Genomics company, was founded in 1993 and was the first DNA testing laboratory in the world to commercially use modern STR technology for paternity testing. Identigene offers a full range of DNA testing services including tests used to determine paternity, siblingship and other familial relationships, as well as DNA tests for purposes of immigration, child custody, settling estates and other family-related situations. Additional information about Identigene and its DNA testing services is available by visiting www.dnatesting.com.

Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    It should be standard procedure. Another problem is some doctors mixed up babies, it doesn't happen often, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, August 16th, 2019 @ 06:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Whilst I think that it should be available for those of us who are doubtful about their parentage, I don't think it should be a standard procedure. That is by application of my personal conception of common sense.

Using it as a standard procedure would somehow imply that women are prone to cheating, and it would IMHO create an atmosphere where men are taught to doubt whether their child is their own.

I'd apply to any man's reason that if they have reasonable doubts that their child is theirs - such as if it is half-black but both their wife and they are blonde/blue - they will apply to have DNA tested anyhow ... and if they don't get it done, they're obviously raising it as their own or simply don't care.

I doubt that if I suddenly found out that an 8-year-old son I had were not my child but that of my best friend's that I would love him any less, the bond is already there. It would be a bit of a bummer, since it's both not my flesh and blood and it'd mean that my wife would have cheated a long while ago, but even then chances are that seeing yourself as fostering a son after the old Germanic principle is more beneficial to the child than leaving your wife and telling her to get together with your friend instead to bring up the child. Since I don't tend to have friends who are foreign racials, there'd be less harm done than there could be with other people.

I suppose that it could be a measure to preclude doctors mixing up babies but it happens so exceedingly rare that it'd be like a mandatory test for rabies for everyone who comes back from a woodland march, or to test prospectives for the army for Hepatitis C - much ado about nothing, since it's not a particularly common phenomenon.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789