View Poll Results: Do you drink? / What kind of drinker are you?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do not drink

18 20.93%
  • I drink occasionally (on weekends, etc.)

36 41.86%
  • I drink moderately (2-3 drinks daily)

12 13.95%
  • I am a heavy drinker (4+ drinks daily)

6 6.98%
  • Other (Please specify)

14 16.28%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819

Thread: Alcohol Consumption

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:47 PM
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Ancestry
    Danish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Unemployed
    Politics
    Nationalist, conservative
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I have been known to engage in the odd binge drinking every once in a while, but with age I have gotten more and more of a guilty conscience about it.

A friend of mine, who is quite the binge drinker, once gave himself the task of going through four weeks of social events without any alcohol. I vowed to beat him by going five weeks, but that project got derailed... actually a rather good story about a sweet girl offering me a beer and one thing leading to another.

Yesterday, I was at a party where the aforementioned friend managed to puke on the floor and fall asleep, and when I came home my girlfriends friend who was sleeping over had also managed to puke on the guest bed and the bathroom floor. Needless to say, I do not have a high opinion of alcohol consumption right now. That is why I am going to renew my five week pledge starting today. It will stretch right into the beginning of a new semester at university, so I will have to endure many temptations. But if succesful, I will have conclusively proven that I control alcohol, not the other way around.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 10:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindig_og_stoisk View Post
    A friend of mine, who is quite the binge drinker, once gave himself the task of going through four weeks of social events without any alcohol.
    A friend of mine does that in regular spans of time as well, he usually chooses spontaneously a month per year where he drinks not one drop of alcohol and he has thus far always managed. He actually annotated that since it was something his father and grandfather did when they were still alive, the regular "alcohol-free month" is a bit of a "family tradition", and gives him a doubly good reason to pull it through. He has my greatest support for that.

Yesterday, I was at a party where the aforementioned friend managed to puke on the floor and fall asleep, and when I came home my girlfriends friend who was sleeping over had also managed to puke on the guest bed and the bathroom floor.
    If it gets to the point where one has to puke and falls asleep essentially in their own vomit, it is the point where someone essentially has an alcohol problem. Back in the days when I'd be binge-drinking essentially every other weekend, I would oft have the odd beer too much and would vomit, but even then I would make a point of at least making it to the toilet where it doesn't make a mess.

Needless to say, I do not have a high opinion of alcohol consumption right now. That is why I am going to renew my five week pledge starting today. It will stretch right into the beginning of a new semester at university, so I will have to endure many temptations. But if succesful, I will have conclusively proven that I control alcohol, not the other way around.
    All the best with that, you have my full support. If need be, make it a double challenge and have friends come by with all your favourite brands of beer and indulge in a binge. It'd be almost what I told my comrades and mates when I stopped smoking the first time around: "Please, all smoke around me, blow your smoke into my face, offer me cigarettes; because only if I can stay strong then, I will know that I can resist any temptation".

The reason why I restarted is a different thing, which I'm not going to relate to. About five people know, and that is enough people who need to know.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016 @ 04:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    North German
    Subrace
    Northern Cromagnid
    Y-DNA
    R-Z16526
    mtDNA
    J1B1A
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New Jersey New Jersey
    Leo
    Occupation
    Director of Operations
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Lutheran/Pagan leanings...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    On the weekends I usually I have a few beers, I try to limit this for training purposes. I enjoy mead as well.

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 @ 06:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian decent/ancestry - Born American
    Ancestry
    Norway, Germany, Sweden, England
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Personal care, construction
    Politics
    Apolitical
    Religion
    Norse Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I love a drink every now and again but I do have a tendancy to over do things. It makes me feel a bit childish to be honest. It also makes me feel wasteful, for I have gone through a gallon of mead in one sitting not even tasting it. I just have a problem knowing when to stop. However, I am learning to control myself.

Drunkest country in the world revealed

Australians have been pegged the heaviest drinkers in the world after consuming alcohol to the point of insobriety nearly twice as much as people elsewhere during 2020, an annual international survey of drug use has found.

More than 32,000 people from 22 countries reported their drug and alcohol consumption to the Global Drug Survey 2021. The report, released on Thursday, found Australian respondents got drunk more than twice a month (about 27 times a year) while the global average was around 14 times, or a little more than once a month.

Denmark and Finland were tied in second place
    , with respondents from each country reporting getting drunk nearly twice a month last year. The survey defined being drunk as situations where physical and mental faculties were impaired to the point that balance, focus, and speech were affected. Mexican drinkers were found to be the least likely to experience this state.

Almost a quarter of Australian respondents felt regret about their drinking habits, with nearly three-quarters of participants from Down Under reporting being unhappy that they “drank too much too quickly.” However, Irish drinkers felt the worst about becoming inebriated, with more than a quarter “wishing [they] had drunk less or not drunk at all.”

Australian drinkers also tied with Finnish respondents at the top of the list when it came to seeking emergency medical treatment for “serious” alcohol-related situations. Rates of seeking medical attention in both countries were almost triple the global average, putting added pressure on Covid-hit public healthcare systems.
    Survey lead researcher Monica Barratt told Australian news outlet The Latch that people in the country “got on the beers” during the Covid-19 pandemic since most regions avoided the extended lockdowns seen in other countries over the past year. Other than Victoria, most states and territories only went through short and sharp lockdowns, which allowed hospitality venues to remain open and more events to take place.

drown under

All the drunkest countries are in fact in Central-Eastern Europe. Australia is just this year's foot ball. And since the dudes making up these things are the same who sell you submarines, imagine what a good deal this is.

Russians couldn't answer the survey ..too drunk.

Les Patterson's, new tourist promotion drive, signed the Culture Attache.

Drunkest country in the world revealed 03 XII 2021.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jagdmesser For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    18 Hours Ago @ 05:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German; Scot-Irish; Scandinavian
    Country
    Married
    Occupation
    Free Lance
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts
    What increases drinking is unemployment and too much free time. When you're BuSy raising family and working your derriere off to pay for inflation and necessities, you find yourself with less time and expendable income to drink. There are heavy drinking parents, but healthy parents don't hang out regularly with people who drink heavily and go against standard norms. Yes, parents do drink but practice controlled drinking mainly around children due to social stigma and legal consequences. I have a friend who drinks as described above in the research, and she receives direct criticism from both family and occasional friends to remind her to "control it" or "mature."

Lol, about the Russians, it's hard to interview people who passed out!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Winterland For This Useful Post:

Wild Cat
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 01:39 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/German American
    Ancestry
    England and Germany
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Cancer
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    I work at home.
    Politics
    Not a Republicrat.
    Religion
    Nondenominational Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts
    As long as people recognize rather or not they have become a problem drinker, then drinking isn't a problem for them or anyone else... And other people need to mind their own business.

What really galls me is when someone who has been drinking and minding their own business is assaulted in some way by another individual who has not been drinking but the drinker is automatically assumed to be guilty of creating the incident. This is pure, unadulterated BS!

I drink. LillyCaterina drinks. We're both responsible adults who lead exemplary lives that set an example for others to emulate. Those who are clearly envious of our happiness will criticize our conduct in petty ways that only prove they aren't happy with their lives.
    Aside from an ever increasing number of mortals who have willfully chosen to worship Satan and his minions, our battle has always been against the powers and principalities operating surreptitiously throughout this twisted world.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gareth Lee Hunter For This Useful Post:

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British/German/French
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    National Folk Faith ;)
    Politics
    Ethno-Nationalist
    Religion
    Pagan/Christian/UU
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    It's hard to believe 4+ is heavy. I might be double plus that. Winston Churchill went through close to 2-3 bottles of wine a day and a dozen cigars and lived till 91. Que sera sera ...

I've been considering a water fast lol. It at least sounds interesting (in theory lol), especially the idea of autophagy:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=water+fast

It's just fascinating that a human can live 40 days without food. I thought we were supposed to die around day 30. The record is a Scotsman who lived over a year without food (mind you, he was morbidly obese, and this was medically supervised (involved a saline, vitamin solution)).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_Barbieri's_fast
    We need a reservation system for our people and our own ethnic-nationalist faith, where we'll have sermons about our people and nations, real history, science, philosophy, etc., in addition to our older religions. Throw in some open bar nights, comedy club hours, music and dance, etc., and it'll be a cracker barrel of good times lol.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819