View Poll Results: Do you drink? / What kind of drinker are you?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do not drink

17 20.73%
  • I drink occasionally (on weekends, etc.)

36 43.90%
  • I drink moderately (2-3 drinks daily)

11 13.41%
  • I am a heavy drinker (4+ drinks daily)

4 4.88%
  • Other (Please specify)

14 17.07%
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol Consumption

Freethinker "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 03:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Reason, Freedom, Justice
    Religion
    Truth, Greatness, Beauty
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutwölfin
    We know from studies that a glass of red wine can offer more than just holiday cheer, but also protection against heart disease. And we know that our ancestors brewed beer and drank a lot of mead. But is alcohol in any rate healthy? Do you drink it occasionally or some kind of regularly? Or do you actually never drink some wine, beer and stuff like that? Is the consumption of alcohol in any way encouraged by the old faith?

Lots of questions, please discuss!
    Like any drug it can be consumed without health damage occasionally and in moderation. Like any drug, it can even have health benefits -- physically and mentally -- if used that way.

Alcohol is an integral part of our cuisine and eating culture, and thus alone should be preserved.

Needless to say, prohibition could not be enforced, would only waste billions, boost crime, replace soft forms of alcohol (beer and wine) with toxic versions of hard liquor produced in illegal distilleries, and so increase harm for both drinkers and non-drinkers. We know the experiences from America. Thus, it should stay legal.

It should be taxed higher. Tax revenues should be dedicated to alcoholism treatment, to the innocent victims of conduct set under the influence of alcohol (e. g. by drunk driving) and education about alcohol.

Driving under the influence of alcohol should be made a criminal offense punishable by courts.

The selling or transfer of alcohol to minors should also be made a criminal offense punishable by courts. Bagatelle exemptions will apply to accomodate a glass of champagne at New Year or a bit of mead during a ritual. The consumption of alcohol by minors must naturally stay legal.

Drinking publicly in excess (drunkenness) should be prohibited; via administrative penalties for the drinker and via a criminal sentence for organizers like tavern, inn, pub, and restaurant owners.

Alcohol should be prohibited and not be available on all territories of the public hand and on all gatherings organized by the public hand. Bavaria could do more than 1,800 years a. y. p. s. without the Oktoberfest, and it will be able to deal the next 1,800 years without it again -- or without beer on the festival at least, but I fear not much would remain of it without beer. Tough luck.

The advertizing of alcohol should be prohibited.

In other words, I would deal with alcohol the pretty much the same I would deal with all other drugs (but coffee which would be outlawed ). (That's just an insider joke.)

I agree with Zyklop that there are deeper social roots to the drug and alcohol problem. If they are addressed, abuse would be minimized if not marginalized.

I myself like to drink an appetizer or a glass of wine at an occasional dinner in good society. On more and more rare occasions a whiskey when surveying my town at night. A glass of French cognac with a cigar sometimes sounds inviting in winter nights -- sitting in my armchair in front of the feature fireplace, albeit I didn't have a glass for years.

I dislike beer.

I, in general, dislike alcohol, I believe. It's the misery of our times that all drugs of interest to an intelligent person are now banned.
    This is a placeholder for a signature.

Last Online
    Saturday, November 5th, 2005 @ 03:45 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The thought of taking the risk of offering my future family the nonsense and weakness of an alcoholic family father has never crossed my mind. Alcoholism is in my blood.

Last Online
    Saturday, October 20th, 2018 @ 06:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Saxon
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Alberta Alberta
    conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    "Driving under the influence of alcohol should be made a criminal offense punishable by courts."

You mean it isn't where you live? :icon1:
    Don't let Europe Rule Britannia!

"If we reunited, then we would be an economic and military powerhouse without peer for centuries to come."-Leofric

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 25th, 2006 @ 03:11 PM
    Country
    United States United States
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tuddorsped
    When Abraham Lincoln was informed of General Ulysses Grant's drinking problem, he replied:

"Find out what brand of whisky he drinks and distribute it to all the other generals!"

I'm not for prohibiting any drugs. People with healthy lifestyles and imbued with a positive spirit would be unlikely to succumb to the living hell of drug dependency in the first place. And those people, of a naturally strong disposition, who through some trauma or unfortunate succession of events, become immersed in that world would I'm sure have the necessary willpower to overcome it if they so wished. I see nothing to fear at all. I actually mistrust people who claim to have no vices.
    That nicely sums up my sentiments, although as a southerner I must express extreme dislike for Grant and Lincoln as it was my ancestors and adopted homelands that suffered the brunt of their fury.

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 25th, 2006 @ 03:11 PM
    Country
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutwölfin
    We know from studies that a glass of red wine can offer more than just holiday cheer, but also protection against heart disease. And we know that our ancestors brewed beer and drank a lot of mead. But is alcohol in any rate healthy? Do you drink it occasionally or some kind of regularly? Or do you actually never drink some wine, beer and stuff like that? Is the consumption of alcohol in any way encouraged by the old faith?

Lots of questions, please discuss!
    What is your opinion on the subject?

Last Online
    Sunday, February 25th, 2007 @ 11:29 AM
    Subrace
    nordiſch-weſtiſch
    Single
    Politics
    Volk und Raſſe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwaz
    In other words, I would deal with alcohol the pretty much the same I would deal with all other drugs (but coffee which would be outlawed ). (That's just an insider joke.)
    I think that the direction of a future Reichsbetäubungsmittelgesetz will be a bit different, man.
    Man ſei Held oder Heiliger. In der Mitte liegt nicht die Weisheit, ſondern die Alltäglichkeit.

SPENGLER

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Yes in moderation. Though sometimes it may be beneficial in excess as well.:

Last Online
    Monday, January 30th, 2006 @ 12:59 PM
    Occupation
    study aesthetic art and form yea
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don“t drink... but it“s me... I accept people who drink only if they know where they have to stop drinking. I don“t trust people who drink...not when they are drunk.

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 11th, 2016 @ 01:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I voted yes, eventhough i only drink once or twice a year.
    My bf though, i consider him as alcoholic but still, i think with small amount of it (not like when my bf drinks) it's okay with alcohol.

I only drink when im on vacation and not have to take care of anyone else than my self
    I fly upon the blackest of wings - I soar through the dark night sky
    I answer no call but my own - I alone forge my reality
    For I am the Raven - The child of Odin

Last Online
    Thursday, January 26th, 2006 @ 04:13 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yes,yes,YES! and in vast amounts! :bier: 1: :icon_bigg : :animal-sm -smil Comes weekend and all I do is shotta! vodka,even jägermeister I shot with the occasional grogg inbetween untill I get enough and then I end up thrown out of the club and eventually in the custody of the friendly police,hopefully before gangs of ****ing turks steal my celluar phone (wich has happend in the past) or I lose other valuables or fall into the river,get driven over by a tram,beaten up by people I can't even racially classify to the extent wich continent or planet they'r from or some other nasty accident takes place. It's a hard time for me during winter,crawling around in the gutter at minus 15 degrees celcius isn't very comfortable nor healthy I can pass on to you all.

The trick is not to fall asleep when you've once fallen to the ground in winter, and whatever you do,do not fall asleep in a area where there's not much people on the move that might help you,of course most people passing by you when you lay struggling for you life in the snow and your own vomit won't even approach you but pass a hundred people, at least two of them will often be police and they'll bring you to a nice,cosey cell,hell,miracles do also happen so you might even be saved by a passing native. Lay you in say, a industrial area,the harbour or in a park, you better say your prayers because the nordish winter will be in striking position of claiming you sorry,drunkard life. For me it isn't fully as bad as for others since I have the comfort of knowing that I at least will become historical as the first in my town to freeze to death since the 60's!

The ideal is to fall right outside the club or if you can manage to get outside any other establishment open and someone'll hopefully call the police.I'll have to warn though,that vomiting on the guards are not recomendable, one may live in the misscomprehension that these characters of supposed authority will take any shit you throw at them with an smile just because they solemnly accept you calling them faggets and humiliating them in general when you'r in the line into the club.Vomit on them and you have crossed the line of how much a man can force him self to bear for the jewish sake of money,and it hurts,real bad.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast