View Poll Results: I support:

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scandinavism (the idea of Scandinavia as a unified region or a single nation).

56 29.02%
  • Nordism (Nordic economic co-operation and integration).

53 27.46%
  • Another form of Scandinavian or Nordic unity.

16 8.29%
  • None of the above, I believe the Scandinavian/Nordic countries should retain their independence.

61 31.61%
  • Other.

7 3.63%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Scandinavism/Nordism

Last Online
    4 Days Ago @ 08:43 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I never wrote anything about ethnicity. Like I said, some elements in Finland and the Baltic states are quite different from Scandinavians, and I never wrote that race laws wouldn't be drawn between these. The Baltic states would simply be added so that the Finns wouldn't "feel alone".

SMR wants a Nordic union, and they don't want to exclude Finland from it. But by having a Nordic-Baltic union, Ĺland and the Finland-Swedes would be with the Swedes/Scandinavians, as well as the Finns would be with the Baltics. Everyone gets happy.

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2018 @ 12:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah, and the Latvians and Lithuanians may want Poland or Russia there as well, we can't let anyone feel excluded can we. Seriously, why do we need Finland anyway? They have a non-germanic majority, they can create a Great Finland with Estonia instead. I can't see why Finland should be in this Nordic Union, please explain.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    So that the Swedish minority of Finland could be joined to Sweden smoothly? Because Finland is the only Nordic country that you could say actually has an army? Because the more soldiers, the better protection if foreign influences wanted a reason to attack a nationalist government in the North? So it seems that you think the less soldiers in a case like this, the better. Okay, that's fine.

But go and ask SMR this question instead, and why they have a Finnish sister organisation. I am not a representative for them.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why are you mentioning the SMR all the time? Anyway, in a better future we would all have good armies and defense. But why don't you want a union with Russia, they have an even bigger army that could protect us. And the Swedish minority in Finland is small, and I'd rather have them stay outside of Sweden than to have all the Finnos to be a part of Sweden alongside them. The Swedish Finns could move to Norrland or something.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I mention SMR because they are only nationalist organisation in Sweden that promotes a union at all, as far as I know. I, or nobody else, don't want Russia because Russia isn't in the North, and because Russians don't have anything to do with the North at all.

And where have I said that Finns should be in Sweden?! How is that relevant at all when speaking of a military union?

If genetically Swedish individuals with "non-standard" dialects shouldn't be allowed to move to Sweden, then I guess Scanians shouldn't be allowed to move to "standard" Sweden either? How old are you anyway?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestEuropean View Post
    I mention SMR because they are only nationalist organisation in Sweden that promotes a union at all, as far as I know. I, or nobody else, don't want Russia because Russia isn't in the North, and because Russians don't have anything to do with the North at all.
    Much of Russia is located in the North, like Moscow and St. Petersburg, their most important cities. They are just as Northern as Latvians and Lithuanians and also Slavs. If we include them we would be very powerful. However, just military power is not something I would base a union on.

And where have I said that Finns should be in Sweden?! How is that relevant at all when speaking of a military union?
    Just now did you mention a "military union", first you just said a Union. Why not have a military union with Germany and the UK instead? They have better armies than Finland.

If genetical Swedes with another citizenships, or with "non-standard dialects", shouldn't be allowed to move to Sweden, then I guess Scanians wouldn't be allowed to move to "standard" Sweden either?
    I said that they could move to Norrland, which is a part of Sweden. Norrland have alot of space, so I'd be glad if the Finland Swedes would want to move there.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Méldmir View Post
    Much of Russia is located in the North, like oscoq and St. Petersburg, their most important cities. They are jsut as Northern as Latvians and Lithuanians and also Slavs. If we include them we would be very powerful. However, just militar power is not something I would base a union on.
    Only the individuals hailing from Western Russia are to be seen as white, or am I wrong here?

Just now did you mention a "military union", first you just said a Union. Why not have a military union with Germany and the UK instead? They have better armies than Finland.
    I emanated from a military/political perspective from the very beginning. I wrote that race laws between "pure" Finns, as well as Baltics, and Scandinavians would be drawn. I thought everyone should understand that this also would mean that these sort of individuals wouldn't be allowed to move to Scandinavian countries, as well as Scandinavians not being allowed to move to Baltic areas.

As for the latter question, these countries could might as well be in this union too. But I kind of doubt that would be very realistic.

I said that they could move to Norrland, which is a part of Sweden. Norrland have alot of space, so I'd be glad if the Finland Swedes would want to move there.
    Fine with me, but I don't think Ĺlanders even should need to move to Sweden. Mainland Swedish-speakers from the Southwest of Finland could perhaps move to Sweden then, as they are a little minority. Finnish-speakers in Swedish Ostrobothnia could move to the Finnish-speaking areas of Ostrobothnia instead of Swedish Ostrobothnians moving to Sweden.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestEuropean View Post
    Only the individuals hailing from Western Russia are to be seen as white, or am I wrong here?
    If you ask a Russian, they of course make differences within Russia. The ethnic Russian would probably be similar to other eastern Europeans in their racial make-up. They don't consider others from Russia, such as Chechens, as real ethnic Russians. But Moscow and St. Petersburg belong to the ethnic Russians, or western Russians as you said.

Anyway, we still have different views on what a union can be like. A union can't be centralized, like the EU or the Swedish-Norwegian union, and that is the reason I am skeptical towards any union. I'd prefer some sort of Germanic federation of many smaller tribes/nations.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I'd prefer some sort of Germanic federation of many smaller tribes/nations.
    You have a point here, but unfortunately it should be considered that Germanics are more diverse in comparison to Slavs for instance. There are "pan-Germanicists", but in compared numbers to pan-Slavicists, these probably exists in lower numbers.

I see all Germanics as the same. But due to my experience, not many seems to agree with me here. This includes nationalists. When it comes to Germanics, there is an Anglo-Saxon sphere, a German-speaking sphere, a Scandinavian sphere, a Dutch sphere and so on. Many Dutch and English nationalists that I have spoken to have said that they feel no fellowship with Germans at all. I have even seen Swedish and Norwegian nationalists show hostility against each other. I wish Germanics in general would get along better, and that these sort of hostilities will disappear.

As far as it goes for Finns and Balts, these are not Germanics, and this fact is of course something that I realise. But these groups are usually not hostile against Germanics either, like Slavs (especially Russians and Poles) usually can be.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That is the problem, a federation or a union is not possible in the current situation, nor do I see the reason to create one since all nations are under enemy control so to speak. This Germanic federation that I mentioned, is only a future possibility, in a future where people are nationalist/folkish, are not anti-German, have understood what their roots are etc. So before any unions or federations we must work toward this goal of awakening people (which even includes the nationalists you mentioned).

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast