View Poll Results: I support:

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scandinavism (the idea of Scandinavia as a unified region or a single nation).

55 28.65%
  • Nordism (Nordic economic co-operation and integration).

53 27.60%
  • Another form of Scandinavian or Nordic unity.

16 8.33%
  • None of the above, I believe the Scandinavian/Nordic countries should retain their independence.

61 31.77%
  • Other.

7 3.65%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scandinavism/Nordism

Schimmelreiter
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, September 4th, 2017 @ 08:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Deutsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    The Scandinavian peoples are closer to each other than to the rest of the North Germanics, let alone West Germanics and those outside of Europe. Scandinavism seems like a natural first step toward increased Germanic cooperation and, in Swiss terms, a Sonderbund within the EU (although Norway is currently not a member). I understand that it is not exactly the dream of the Scandinavian nations to be part of such an alliance/confederation and only maintain a status barely surpassing that of Bavaria (which is still a lot), so "collective bargaining" is an issue when it comes to guarding their interests.

Last Online
    Friday, August 5th, 2016 @ 01:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauke Haien View Post
    The Scandinavian peoples are closer to each other than to the rest of the North Germanics....
    - Really?

Anyhow I don't think a union with Denmark nor Sweden will be preferable for Norway, unless there will be more profiting from it this time...

I wouldn't mind if we are to stand alone, but the constant aggressiveness from the Russians ain't giving us much of a choice really.

Last Online
    Monday, December 14th, 2009 @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Ancestry
    Sjælland
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    National
    Religion
    Asa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Svalbard View Post
    - Really?

Anyhow I don't think a union with Denmark nor Sweden will be preferable for Norway, unless there will be more profiting from it this time...

I wouldn't mind if we are to stand alone, but the constant aggressiveness from the Russians ain't giving us much of a choice really.
    I don't see what profit has to do with anything. The LAST thing we should consider in this matter and the sole reason we (well some of us) are in the mess, they call EU, is money. Money should have no power over our decision, the creation of a unified Scandinavia which I dream about, should be based entirely on ideology, the recognition of the historical and cultural/racial bond, we Scandinavians have. I'm well aware that you in Norway are quite content sitting alone with your millions of dollars of oil, but I think you should look a little farther ahead and try to free yourself from the curse of gold.
    A unified Scandinavia, one nation with somewhat free states, would make us a superpower, a big nation, which would have a lot more power to stand against the other nations of Europe and especially the USA, would give us a much easier way of controlling the immigration and abolish the non-white immigration and last but not least the ability to secure our existence forever via pan-Scandinavian breeding programs.

Last Online
    Friday, July 26th, 2019 @ 11:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Oxon, Bucks and Ulster
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Politics
    Nationalism, Neoreactionary
    Religion
    God the father
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Close cultural ties and trading links, yes. But as a decentralist, I'd oppose political union.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 05:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Exactly. I don't think 'democracy' and even altruism is reinforced by large groups, empiralism etc. Independant groups can cooperate voluntarily without being forced under the rule of another or forced into a giant union where their voice goes unheard. "Unions" are steps in controlling people better.

I notice the mindsets of the international leach on TV. They usually state "we are too large to fail" or they automatically think clinging to another will create more wealth. I think that comes from social parasites who want larger and larger hosts to feed off (and mistakingly think that a large enough host is sustainable in feeding them). Most people that actually contribute to society want to be small and independent. This way they can better take responsibility for their actions- their success and failures, and they have greater control over their environment and immediate group- rather than relying on the dead weight of dumb masses or some far away leader to take care of them like a child. (also different political ideas are better played out in a smaller area and people have more freedom to live the way they want to live).

Put it this way- the whole point of nationalism is united to blood and soil. Why don't we unite into one giant "world nation"?? Because I'm vastly different from the other %95 of the world. I have different ideas of how i want to live from my culture and genes. I have different concepts of right and wrong, and beauty. Also my local landscape creates different demands on me that some far away leader cannot understand. Europe's small states are an ideal size for folkish ideals.

I see the ideal unity as similar to how ancient Greece was united. A series of small independent states that may fight one another occasionally but unite against a common outside foe militarily and run military drills together to further promote cooperation. A unity that mostly has free trade between them, provided all members agree to certain common social terms that promote a fair and balanced trade (similar worker protection laws etc.).

Let nations work together voluntarily in issues because they see it benefits them, not force them together and force them to submit to the will of a single central authority. People who see strength in numbers I think are weak people who need to be led like sheep. We each should be able to take care of ourselves, and like a civilized man work with our neighbors when neccessary.

The only neccessary unity of Germanic peoples is to militarily work together to defeat our common enemies and to agree on certain common standard cultural values between us that define us as "Germanic" again similar to the old Greecian concept.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Ancestry
    Sjælland
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    National
    Religion
    Asa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think the problem with your argumentation is that you don't take into consideration that many (all) of today's countries with the borders they have, are somewhat artificially created, they have changed so much due to for example wars and conflicts; why it is incredibly difficult even to define a nation. If Germany were to invade and annex Sjælland, I surely wouldn't feel German because of that. Even in a small country like Denmark, the differences between the people who live on Sjælland and those who live in Jylland are big, we speak, act and even look very different. Skåne was once Danish and linguistically, the language spoken in Skåne has more in common with Danish than Swedish, still the majority of the people in Skåne feel Swedish (though only 51% according to a recent pole in a magazine). We Scandinavians are so incredibly alike in all fashions and have been united many times before. The fact that it has failed in the past is no reason not to try again.
    A great union of all Scandinavian countries is the most natural of all, since countries and nations have nothing to do with simple dust, dirt and stone, but rather solely the inhabitants of those countries. Culture is blood and blood is culture. Denmark is nothing without the Danes, Sweden is nothing without the Swedes and since Danes and Swedes are so much alike, I'd say Scandinavia is nothing without us all, united!

Last Online
    Friday, April 6th, 2012 @ 11:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Flanders
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    Dietsland Dietsland
    State
    East Flanders East Flanders
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    National-Conservatism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm not very clear about this, but is it true that the Fins and Swedes don't get along very well?
    "La vie est la vie, c'est-à-dire un combat, pour une nation comme pour un homme"
    Charles de Gaulle

Last Online
    Sunday, May 19th, 2019 @ 09:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Conservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorre View Post
    I think the problem with your argumentation is that you don't take into consideration that many (all) of today's countries with the borders they have, are somewhat artificially created, they have changed so much due to for example wars and conflicts; why it is incredibly difficult even to define a nation. If Germany were to invade and annex Sjælland, I surely wouldn't feel German because of that. Even in a small country like Denmark, the differences between the people who live on Sjælland and those who live in Jylland are big, we speak, act and even look very different. Skåne was once Danish and linguistically, the language spoken in Skåne has more in common with Danish than Swedish, still the majority of the people in Skåne feel Swedish (though only 51% according to a recent pole in a magazine). We Scandinavians are so incredibly alike in all fashions and have been united many times before. The fact that it has failed in the past is no reason not to try again.
    Aren't you contradicting yourself here? We are different, I agree, different enough to be separate nations, and different enough within these nations to feel a special regional kinship apart from a national kinship. Therefor it makes sense to maintain the current nationstates and not try to cram Norwegians, Danes and Swedes into a new political union that would only work towards more centralism. The friendly and close ties that are found inbetween our peoples, after many centuries of infighting is something very valuable and I think that we best serve to further nurture these feelings by allowing each nation to remain independent.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Ancestry
    Sjælland
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    National
    Religion
    Asa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes, I might be. Sorry, that was badly written. What I meant to say was that the varations within a single people can be relatively big and on a larger scale in my opinion the variations between the peoples of Scandinavia (Danes, Swedes and Norwegians) are so small that there's almost ground to consider us as one. That means that the variation within Danes between the people of Sjælland and Jylland are no bigger than those between Danes and Swedes on a larger scale.

I don't think we will be 'crammed' at all. I think that by uniting, we will be much more powerfull and able to protect our culture better against those of the other peoples of Europa and especially USA.

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 08:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Norway has, more or less voluntarily, been in political union with Denmark and Sweden for quite a long time, but that has not made the Norwegians any less Norwegian, and the same goes for the Finns.

Quote Originally Posted by Svalbard View Post
    - Really?

The future belongs to large power blocks and large players able to project military force in order to control and block trade routes, just as it always has. If you do not wish to bet on total self-sufficiency (like North Korea) the alternative is to either ally yourself to such a player more or less as a vassall or to build those military and economic capabilities yourself.

Today USA alone has those capabilities, but will without a doubt soon be joined by China, Russia and, perhaps, India. If Scandinavians, Germanics and Europeans want to lead an independent political life in such an environment the only road is through a politcal, economic and military union of some sort.

Our first priority should be to regain our ability to project naval power across the globe.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast