Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Was the Conversion to Abrahamic Religions the Beginning of a Racial Suicide?

Last Online
    Monday, May 2nd, 2011 @ 02:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Franco-Norman/Anglo Canadian
    Ancestry
    Normandy; North-West England
    Subrace
    Borreby-DaloFaelid/AngloSaxon
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Married, happily
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfang View Post
    I want to let you know Aemma that I did *not* post this thread here. In fact I did not post the thread at all. Sigurd posted the thread as a new thread when in fact it was only an answer to a post on another thread and that fact mischaracterized my position.

I was not even notified that the thread had been posted in my name.

If I would have posted the thread, I would have Included caveats such as the fact that Karl Der Grosse United the Germans and became the Holy Roman Emperor, even though he murdered Countless of my Saxon Ancestors in the process. I am not Ambivalent about KDM, I despise him, but it is clear that probably because of KDM we are not all moslems right now. I have been to Aachen more than once precisely to learn more about the Merovingian Dynasty. I have books on the merovingians and the Consolidation of power by KDM as well as Books (quite rare) on Merovingian art and metalurgy.

I would not have posted such a thread in the Christian section.

Again, I did not ask a question, but I will answer your answer. The begining of racial suicide is always cultural /spiritual, and in the case of Germanics in part, I believe it has to do with the acceptance of a patriarchal weltanschaung instead of a balanced Germanic Heathen one. When one gets AIDS, one does not die right away. The virus stays dormant for many years and then , perhaps in concecert with other variables (bad diets, opportunistic diseases etc) develops into a machanism for self destruction. we may call islam one such oportunistic disease.
    Okie dokie Anfang. See the PM response.

Frith...Aemma

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    I don't think that he has to proove anything to you.
    A claim without proof is a mere opinion, worthless.

Polygamy, Islam, Nat Soc, let's see, why dont you just throw in Mithraism for the hell of it.
    This discussion is about Christianity.

Ummmm ....that by 1920 AD Christians ruled the World, maybe?
    The question is, did they rule it because of Christianity, or despite of Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    The Franks would probably not have been united enough to stop the advance of the Caliphate's troops if Clovis hadn't adopted Christianity.
    The Franks were united by the sword, and just because Chlodwig converted to Catholicism does in no way imply he really believed in it, and this is even much more questionable when it comes to his subjects who converted by decree.
    This unity through religion is more about symbolism rather than real faith, he could have converted to Pastafarianism as well, and the mere fact that we are all Pastafaries then is already a sense of unity.
    But in the end, it would have been better if he choose another religion, preferably, one rooted in our ancient beliefs, like the Egyptians who managed to convert from polytheism to monotheism without adopting a new religion per se.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    In the long run it is, perhaps, better that we have temporarily lost our ancestral faith, than to have been overrun by Moors like Southern Spain was.
    But what is it that makes you belief that this would not have been possible without Christianity, you throw in some speculations, all fine, mabye they have rhyme and reason, but deliver that too.
    The Armin stopped the Romans without Christianity.

Sigurd posted the thread as a new thread when in fact it was only an answer to a post on another thread and that fact mischaracterized my position.
    You said what you said, now it stands at the top, rather than buried among other posts, so quit whining about that, and stand to what you said.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2009 @ 09:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Niedersachsen , gijon
    Subrace
    Nordic amd Ibero-Celtic
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    not happy to be divorced
    Occupation
    All ways working
    Politics
    Community Volkisch
    Religion
    Old Religion - European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    ]
    A claim without proof is a mere opinion, worthless.
    As I said, You are the one who is pushing Islam. It is up to you to prove whatver it is you stand for. period. I cetainly am not pushing Jesus I am a Heathen. Stop playing the broken record.

This discussion is about Christianity.
    No. it is about all Abrahamic religions. I agree that at the time, the Islamics needed to be stopped and the prbability is that they were in fact stopped by german lead new Converts to "Jesus". How religious, I dont know, neither do you. To me to some degree the Christians had in their memory the history of the Roman Empire, Contrary to the latin beliefs, the Ancient Germans were not barbarians who were oblivious to history.

The question is, did they rule it because of Christianity, or despite of Christianity.
    This is like asking the burried what caused an avalanche. There was an avalanche, hello. You make your own. We already have one here on planet earth and it was called christianity.

The Franks were united by the sword, and just because Chlodwig converted to Catholicism does in no way imply he really believed in it, and this is even much more questionable when it comes to his subjects who converted by decree.

You think I don't know that? Every other year I fight the Franks in reenactment. I never play a Frank always a Sachsen.
    http://www.urgeschichte.de/artikel/museum/museum24.htm

This unity through religion is more about symbolism rather than real faith, he could have converted to Pastafarianism as well, and the mere fact that we are all Pastafaries then is already a sense of unity.
    But in the end, it would have been better if he choose another religion, preferably, one rooted in our ancient beliefs, like the Egyptians who managed to convert from polytheism to monotheism without adopting a new religion per se.
    You make me tired with your weird ideas.

But what is it that makes you belief that this would not have been possible without Christianity, you throw in some speculations, all fine, mabye they have rhyme and reason, but deliver that too.
    Let me explain that to you. It was a combination of superior german strength and the fact that the Armin had been learning from the Romans about military tactics. Once the germans figured out what military technology and the training of an officer corps and troops was about, this became the begining of the time of German miltary prowess. That is the simple answer to that question.

You said what you said, now it stands at the top, rather than buried among other posts, so quit whining about that, and stand to what you said.
    I have said it and will say it again. The Three jewish inspired Cults, the Abrahamic religions of wich Christianity is one are all antigermanic and sow the seeds of our destruction as a Deutsches Volk.

You take a backwards direction. You are driving in reverse.

Last Online
    Friday, July 26th, 2019 @ 11:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Oxon, Bucks and Ulster
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Politics
    Nationalism, Neoreactionary
    Religion
    God the father
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Racial suicide? No, we're still here. Cultural suicide? Maybe. It's true we had an alien religion that, in most cases, was assimilated (rather than enforced) to our cultures. But over the centuries we have 'germanicised' it. There is no one single Christianity, anyway. We can't erase 1400 yers of our history. it's not going to disappear, we have to learn to live with it.

Schimmelreiter
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, September 4th, 2017 @ 08:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Deutsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Berrocscir View Post
    We can't erase 1400 yers of our history. it's not going to disappear, we have to learn to live with it.
    It is already happening, has already happened to a large degree. The question is whether we simply reverse this or craft something new, perhaps with a few old and a few even older parts.

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    As I said, You are the one who is pushing Islam. It is up to you to prove whatver it is you stand for.
    First of all, where am I "pushing" Islam?
    Second, it was about the principle, an argument by definition needs evidence to support it, or it will end up as a mere claim, an unfounded opinion, worthless, as I already said, for any discussion. This is not even related to the current subject at hand. It is the principle of how to discuss the right way with potential of finding truth.

No. it is about all Abrahamic religions.
    Indeed, but the part I refered to was about Christianity.

How religious, I dont know, neither do you.
    The question is, does Souther Boy know this? Because he made the claim that the Christian faith united Europeans. I didn't make any comment in this direction, I just listed some doubts, he is free to refute, if he can.

Contrary to the latin beliefs, the Ancient Germans were not barbarians who were oblivious to history.
    What Latin source are you refering to?

This is like asking the burried what caused an avalanche.
    No, we have other sources who are indicative of the cause of the avalanche, and they don't speak for Christianity as the source, but of course we can't be sure (as it is too often with history), but then I wouldn't use it as evidence, and I didn't.

You think I don't know that?
    This was a response to Psychonaut.

You make me tired with your weird ideas.
    I know thinking can be tiresome

That is the simple answer to that question.
    Bullshit, the question was (posed to Psychonaut): "What is it that makes you belief that this would not have been possible without Christianity", when you now "explain" to me how the Armin could do it without Christianity, then this has nothing to do with the question at hand, I listed Armin as a counter-example.

I have said it and will say it again.
    Then what is all the whining about this thread? Every man must know that what he says can be put into the spotlight for further examination, the context is delivered, as the post you responded to is with your remark.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Monday, April 26th, 2010 @ 04:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colla Magnus View Post

Even the Early "x-tians" were totaly jewish essenes for almost three hundred years until Constantine realized that Rome was fallen and his role as Ceasar was threatened, so He politically correctly became xtian and decided the path for canonical xtianity, but obviously true history is no longer acceptable,
    What is true history? By the time of Constantine Christianity was already firmly planted among the population so that all Constantine did was make it official to stop the persecutions and confiscations.

Last Online
    Saturday, December 6th, 2008 @ 10:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Kansas Kansas
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Idealist
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Christianity is in my opinion contrary to the traditional Germanic character. We were a warrior people. Christianity is a religion of pacifism and submission. Germanics are people who traditionally saw themselves as a part of nature. Christianity teaches we're above and apart from nature and nature is here merely to serve human interests. Germanics once saw the world in a folkish manner. Christianity introduced universalism "we are all gods children".

Indeed, I believe Christianity has much in common with Marxism, Capitalism, and multiculturalism. All of which are destroying us ethnically and culturally. I believe the acceptance these worldviews have gained in Germanic nations is because of the groundwork laid by Christianity. All of the triumphs Germanics have had has been in spite of Christianity not because of it. I believe that though our ancestors may have converted they retained their heathen worldview and customs for quite some time. If we are to save ourselves than we must reject this alien religion and adopt a worldview more in line with our ancestors.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, June 11th, 2016 @ 12:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    While I agree with this final point;
    If we are to save ourselves than we must reject this alien religion and adopt a worldview more in line with our ancestors.
    ... I must take issue with this;
    Quote Originally Posted by DanseMacabre View Post
    Germanics once saw the world in a folkish manner.
    If we were once so amazing, how did we succumb? I don't think this rose-tinted-spectacle version of our past helps at all.
    "Ooh, the wicked selfish kings forced it on us as a means of increasing their power in unholy alliance with the Church!"
    I don't buy that. How come so many great early Christian Germanics emerged from the common folk like Cuthbert and Caedmon? Why did people respond to their holy way of life? There was something impressive there, it wasn't all about fire and the sword.

Christianity was a continuation of Rome. Rome stood for worldliness, against parochialism and ignorance of the world beyond your frontiers. As I've said before, it was inevitable that political and technical progress would see a rise in universalism in thought, and this seems to have been a necessary phase we've passed through. All in all, it wasn't as painful as it could have been. As Nietzsche said, Christianity has been a great exercise for us, something for our minds to have struggled against, tightening our mental skills and "with such a bow we can aim for the stars!"

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 18th, 2016 @ 01:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Politics
    Old Stock Nativism
    Religion
    Heathen Theosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post

You're right in that the early converts like Clovis were probably not all that Christian, but Charles Martel was born more than 400 years after the conversion. I think it's safe to say that he was more Christian than Heathen. I also suppose that it is, in theory, possible that the Germanic tribes who became the Franks could have been united under a military banner other than Christianity, but there's no way to know for sure. You're right in that it wasn't the specifics of Christianity that were the cause of the unity, but rather the unification of belief itself; it could just as easily have been the Catholic Church of Wuotan or a cult of emperor worship that brought the Franks together.
    "Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time."
    -H.P. Lovecraft

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast