Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Was the Conversion to Abrahamic Religions the Beginning of a Racial Suicide?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Anfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2009 @ 09:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Niedersachsen , gijon
    Subrace
    Nordic amd Ibero-Celtic
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    Location
    New York USA
    Gender
    Family
    not happy to be divorced
    Occupation
    All ways working
    Politics
    Community Volkisch
    Religion
    Old Religion - European
    Posts
    870
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Christianity is the only thing that has kept us alive this long. How many more "wars between brothers" might we have had had Christianity not instilled atleast some measure of unity between Europeans?

    Christianity saved us from Islam and saved us from eath other long enough for concepts like "European," "ethnicity," and "race" to take shape.
    Good post. maybe both things are true. And since you mention the word Unity, it brings the thought, Not just Christianity but Christian Catholicism,
    and not just Roman Catholicism , But German will and Roman Catholicism
    Remember that all this happened before the protestants played any major role in world politics. Even Philip the II, king of Spain and Holy Roman Emperor was German. The Protestants had very very little to do with stopping the Muslims. They did not even exist for most of the struggle.

  2. #12
    Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,382
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Christianity is the only thing that has kept us alive this long.
    Quite some claim, now let's see your proof ...

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    How many more "wars between brothers" might we have had had Christianity not instilled atleast some measure of unity between Europeans?
    ... hm, it brought unity you say, yet was responsible for the most devastating war on German soil regarding population, not to mention that Christian France allied with the Muslim Ottomans, and that we already have had quite a few wars between Christian countries, so do you know of some war that was prevented because of Christian unity among Europeans? Or what exactly are your implications here?
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

  3. #13
    Senior Member Loddfafner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Monday, March 26th, 2018 @ 11:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    European Blood, American Soil
    Ancestry
    English, Swedish, Scottish, Irish, German, Welsh
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Location
    New Sweden
    Gender
    Politics
    Beyond left and right
    Religion
    Odin/Thor/Freyr
    Posts
    946
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I disagree, despite being proudly heathen and tending to make fun of Christianity. Never forget that over a thousand years of Germanic tradition is wrapped up in Christianity. We have remade the religion to somewhat fit. Christianity has preserved some fragments of the old religion in the ways we celebrate holidays. Some of the saints are old Gods and Goddesses in disguise.

    Christianity has left us great cathedrals. It has left us the palaces of Christian kings. Christian engagement with philosophy lay the foundations for later, secular thinkers.
    The sitters in the hall seldom know
    The kin of the new-comer:
    The best man is marred by faults,
    The worst is not without worth.
    -- The Havamal, #133 (trans. Auden and Taylor)

  4. #14
    Senior Member Haereticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Saturday, September 3rd, 2011 @ 09:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Subrace
    Nordid/Alpinid
    Country
    England England
    Gender
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Designer
    Politics
    Pan-European Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Posts
    317
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loddfafner View Post
    ...Never forget that over a thousand years of Germanic tradition is wrapped up in Christianity. We have remade the religion to somewhat fit. Christianity has preserved some fragments of the old religion in the ways we celebrate holidays. Some of the saints are old Gods and Goddesses in disguise.

    Christianity has left us great cathedrals. It has left us the palaces of Christian kings. Christian engagement with philosophy lay the foundations for later, secular thinkers.
    Couldn't agree more. I'm not a Christian, but I do get upset about re-naming Christmas to "winterfest" or "the holidays". "Solstice" I can just about tolerate. How dare these upstarts presume to scrap more than a thousand years of our history on a pc whim.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Anfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2009 @ 09:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Niedersachsen , gijon
    Subrace
    Nordic amd Ibero-Celtic
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    Location
    New York USA
    Gender
    Family
    not happy to be divorced
    Occupation
    All ways working
    Politics
    Community Volkisch
    Religion
    Old Religion - European
    Posts
    870
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Quite some claim, now let's see your proof ...


    ... hm, it brought unity you say, yet was responsible for the most devastating war on German soil regarding population, not to mention that Christian France allied with the Muslim Ottomans, and that we already have had quite a few wars between Christian countries, so do you know of some war that was prevented because of Christian unity among Europeans? Or what exactly are your implications here?
    I don't think that he has to proove anything to you. You are the one who is trying to intruduce something into our minds. And I have the feeling that we are not going to go for it.

    I dont see any "Germanic" muslims. In fact in order to really "understand" that silly book of theirs one has to learn Arabic according to them. That is sure bringing us closer to our roots.

    Polygamy, Islam, Nat Soc, let's see, why dont you just throw in Mithraism for the hell of it..

    This idea is crackpot.

    "... hm, it brought unity you say, yet was responsible for the most devastating war on German soil regarding population, not to mention that Christian France allied with the Muslim Ottomans, and that we already have had quite a few wars between Christian countries, so do you know of some war that was prevented because of Christian unity among Europeans? Or what exactly are your implications here?"

    Ummmm ....that by 1920 AD Christians ruled the World, maybe?
    Does Europe, Russia , India, South America, Africa and all the Camel Jockey countries that spawned Islam itself were ruled by White Christians-

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Friday, January 29th, 2010 @ 01:22 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish/germanic
    Ancestry
    Ireland/Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Location
    East Texas
    Gender
    Age
    59
    Family
    Grandparent
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Irish/separatist
    Religion
    Odinist/Druidic
    Posts
    20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It is amazing to me, having been raised up in the Judeo-Christian betrayals as I see them, and seeing now and remembering then the rabid fear to realize this lie, that
    civil strife and racial/religious war in the name of capitalism hasn't already began.

    The empire of "Rome" from my studies, and their attempted New World Order ,actually only prospered for three hundred years or so, ,and the rest was in decay. Even the Early "x-tians" were totaly jewish
    essenes for almost three hundred years until Constantine realized that Rome was fallen and his role as Ceasar was threatened, so He politically correctly became xtian
    and decided the path for canonical xtianity, but obviously true history is no longer acceptable, I do not know what the cataclysm will be to wake up our folk, but I pray it happens
    soon.

    We are more than our fears, Stand up for yourselves, if not your Race.

    Colla

  7. #17
    Senior Member Psychonaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    Wednesday, May 18th, 2016 @ 01:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Age
    36
    Politics
    Old Stock Nativism
    Religion
    Heathen Theosophy
    Posts
    928
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Christianity saved us from Islam and saved us from eath other long enough for concepts like "European," "ethnicity," and "race" to take shape.
    As much as I dislike Christianity in general, I think you are correct here. The Franks would probably not have been united enough to stop the advance of the Caliphate's troops if Clovis hadn't adopted Christianity. In the long run it is, perhaps, better that we have temporarily lost our ancestral faith, than to have been overrun by Moors like Southern Spain was.
    "Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time."
    -H.P. Lovecraft

  8. #18
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Saturday, June 11th, 2016 @ 12:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Location
    Mamvcivm
    Gender
    Age
    39
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Posts
    3,586
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colla Magnus View Post
    Even the Early "x-tians" were totaly jewish
    essenes for almost three hundred years until Constantine realized that Rome was fallen and his role as Ceasar was threatened,
    I don't think the most powerful man in the world suddenly decided out of the blue to adopt as a state religion a cult that had up to that point been the preserve of a bunch of xenophobic ascetics in an eastern wasteland. Have a flip thru that book they have, and ask yourself who Saul/Paulus was writing to in Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus and Thessalonia...

    Please try and spell the word 'Christian' properly, too. It's not difficult, and won't hurt you or taint you in any way.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Aemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    Monday, May 2nd, 2011 @ 02:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Franco-Norman/Anglo Canadian
    Ancestry
    Normandy; North-West England
    Subrace
    Borreby-DaloFaelid/AngloSaxon
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Location
    Ottawa
    Gender
    Family
    Married, happily
    Religion
    Heathen
    Posts
    157
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loddfafner View Post
    I disagree, despite being proudly heathen and tending to make fun of Christianity. Never forget that over a thousand years of Germanic tradition is wrapped up in Christianity. We have remade the religion to somewhat fit. Christianity has preserved some fragments of the old religion in the ways we celebrate holidays. Some of the saints are old Gods and Goddesses in disguise.

    Christianity has left us great cathedrals. It has left us the palaces of Christian kings. Christian engagement with philosophy lay the foundations for later, secular thinkers.
    I very much agree with you Loddfafner. Yes I myself being a proud heathen as well cannot help but admire that which my Christian ancestors had to offer to our various Germanic cultures--indeed Europe as a whole. And that is always the sticky point with many of us who have chosen to follow a pre-Christian spiritual path: some of us are angered by the bloodshed which occurred in the name of what is seen as an alien religion (and the political maneuvering that seemed to accompany it) and some of us are able to look beyond that and recognise the importance of the Germanic cultural ideals that survived within a different spiritual tradition. In the end it's a difficult line to walk for some heathens especially when there's such a focus placed on ancestry as you know.

    But to answer your question Anfang, I think racial suicide is a bit heavy. Obviously our race and various sub-races are still in existence. I think that the conversion brought different ways of thinking (ie. a different worldview)to the fore and some of these ended up being disastrous with respect to the preservation of a Northern European indigenous religion/custom/spirituality. But I don't see any evidence of a racial suicide per se. A spiritual/cultural one on some level however is a different matter.

    Apologies to my Christian comrades here. I personally think that this thread would have been better to have been placed in the heathenry section perhaps....just a thought.

    Cheers all!

    Frith...Aemma

  10. #20
    Senior Member Anfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2009 @ 09:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Niedersachsen , gijon
    Subrace
    Nordic amd Ibero-Celtic
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    Location
    New York USA
    Gender
    Family
    not happy to be divorced
    Occupation
    All ways working
    Politics
    Community Volkisch
    Religion
    Old Religion - European
    Posts
    870
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemma View Post
    I very much agree with you Loddfafner. Yes I myself being a proud heathen as well cannot help but admire that which my Christian ancestors had to offer to our various Germanic cultures--indeed Europe as a whole. And that is always the sticky point with many of us who have chosen to follow a pre-Christian spiritual path: some of us are angered by the bloodshed which occurred in the name of what is seen as an alien religion (and the political maneuvering that seemed to accompany it) and some of us are able to look beyond that and recognise the importance of the Germanic cultural ideals that survived within a different spiritual tradition. In the end it's a difficult line to walk for some heathens especially when there's such a focus placed on ancestry as you know.

    But to answer your question Anfang, I think racial suicide is a bit heavy. Obviously our race and various sub-races are still in existence. I think that the conversion brought different ways of thinking (ie. a different worldview)to the fore and some of these ended up being disastrous with respect to the preservation of a Northern European indigenous religion/custom/spirituality. But I don't see any evidence of a racial suicide per se. A spiritual/cultural one on some level however is a different matter.

    Apologies to my Christian comrades here. I personally think that this thread would have been better to have been placed in the heathenry section perhaps....just a thought.

    Cheers all!

    Frith...Aemma


    I want to let you know Aemma that I did *not* post this thread here. In fact I did not post the thread at all. Sigurd posted the thread as a new thread when in fact it was only an answer to a post on another thread and that fact mischaracterized my position.

    I was not even notified that the thread had been posted in my name.

    If I would have posted the thread, I would have Included caveats such as the fact that Karl Der Grosse United the Germans and became the Holy Roman Emperor, even though he murdered Countless of my Saxon Ancestors in the process. I am not Ambivalent about KDM, I despise him, but it is clear that probably because of KDM we are not all moslems right now. I have been to Aachen more than once precisely to learn more about the Merovingian Dynasty. I have books on the merovingians and the Consolidation of power by KDM as well as Books (quite rare) on Merovingian art and metalurgy.

    I would not have posted such a thread in the Christian section.

    But to answer your question Anfang, I think racial suicide is a bit heavy. Obviously our race and various sub-races are still in existence. I think that the conversion brought different ways of thinking (ie. a different worldview)to the fore and some of these ended up being disastrous with respect to the preservation of a Northern European indigenous religion/custom/spirituality. But I don't see any evidence of a racial suicide per se. A spiritual/cultural one on some level however is a different matter.
    Again, I did not ask a question, but I will answer your answer. The begining of racial suicide is always cultural /spiritual, and in the case of Germanics in part, I believe it has to do with the acceptance of a patriarchal weltanschaung instead of a balanced Germanic Heathen one. When one gets AIDS, one does not die right away. The virus stays dormant for many years and then , perhaps in concecert with other variables (bad diets, opportunistic diseases etc) develops into a machanism for self destruction. we may call islam one such oportunistic disease.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Odin vs. Abrahamic-God
    By Ediruc in forum Comparative Religion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Friday, November 30th, 2018, 07:05 PM
  2. Europeans The Greatest In Everything Since The Beginning
    By Nachtengel in forum Articles & Current Affairs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Monday, October 2nd, 2017, 12:43 PM
  3. Explaining Conversion to Family
    By Rothhammer in forum Germanic Heathenry
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Wednesday, December 14th, 2011, 08:30 PM
  4. Swedish Blasts Only The Beginning
    By Hamrammr in forum Sweden
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Thursday, February 24th, 2011, 12:51 AM
  5. The Concept of Sin in Abrahamic Religions
    By Alkman in forum Comparative Religion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Wednesday, November 17th, 2004, 05:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •