View Poll Results: Do you accept intra-Germanic immigration?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - any kind of intra-Germanic immigration.

34 55.74%
  • Yes - but only immigration from my own ethnos.

11 18.03%
  • No.

4 6.56%
  • Other.

12 19.67%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Do You Accept Intra-Germanic Immigration?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Finland Swede Community Finland Swede Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,315 Posts
    Anyway ... if I would leave from here

... one day ...

... I could at least move to here

or here

Dual nationality (based on parents citizenships) should allow that ... ''morally''.

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Daci, Suebi, Carpi
    Single adult
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heidin
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    Personally, I think I would only migrate to a Scandinavian country... and I'd prefer Norway, or Sweden. Maybe also Denmark, as en extra option...

Quote Originally Posted by Hersir View Post
    I'd say Iceland is most definitely Scandinavian, culture, language-wise, ethnically etc.

I would consider moving to either Iceland or the Faroese if going to another Germanic country, but they are mostly descendants of Norwegian settlers anyways.
    I'd consider those two too...

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post

Hehe, I like those comics series, "Scandinavia and The World", but I didn't know this particular one...

For many years I lived with the impression that Finland was part of Scandinavia too, at least geographically... while I wasn't including Denmark... I guess it depends from which point of view you consider Scandinavia, geographically, or culturally... Because culturally, as Hersir said, I would include Iceland and Faroese too...

Geographically, Iceland and Faroese aren't that far away from the Scandinavia peninsula anyway... while Norwegian settlers also settled in the USA, but that's a bit too far from Europe...

if Danes would not accept me ... I would absolutely not move there either. My Skĺne grandparents would now feel sad.
    And how do you count if they accept you or not? How many persons do you need to not accept you so that you will not feel accepted? I think it's impossible to please everyone, there will always be persons not accepting you, no matter where you are and what you're doing... So counting just a few of them shouldn't be that relevant.

Did you encounter any problems like that from the Danes?

Personally, I feel quite welcome in Scandinavia, and I know I cannot please everyone. I'm not even trying that anymore, from my own life experience I know it's waste of time to try to please everyone. I'm just being myself, and if people like me that's fine, if not, then it's their problem... Of course I wouldn't choose to be somewhere where I wouldn't feel accepted either.

In Central/ Eastern Europe I always felt a bit like an alien... and not so welcome... Both regarding looks and culture people know I am not one of their own, and many times they don't accept me as one of their own. I honestly feel more welcome in Scandinavia, it fits me much better.

Also, I see no moral problem with me being in Scandinavia, since I always considered myself Dacian (mostly, if not taking into account the particular German part), and some scholars wrote that Scandinavians (maybe not all of them, but at least some) are descended from Dacians/ Geto-Dacians/ Getians (the same people, just different names)... See the threads I opened, The Getians or the Dacians the origin of Scandinavians and also the oldest European civilization that had writing and Zamolxis the first lawgiver of the Getae by Carolus Lundius.

Even though I have German blood and ancestry too, I don't think I would fit so much in Germany, Austria or other Germanic country from Central or Western Europe... I simply don't feel so much affinity with those countries as I feel with the Scandinavian ones... There is something in my own particular case that draws me so much to Scandinavia...

No idea what recombination of genes or whatever might have occurred, but in my country of origin people usually say that I don't belong there and I don't feel that I belong there either. Yes, I have my Dacian roots there, and many ancestors who are buried in those lands, but other than that... the country which is there today doesn't really fit me. Over centuries there was a lot of migration of the Germanic peoples too, my own German ancestors also migrated from Northern Germany, so I see no problem with me also being a migrant...

Who here doesn't have any migration history at all in their own ancestry, honestly?

... I could at least move to here

I like that flag! I really like it! It has the same colours as the flag of my country of origin, and also as the flag of the historical region of Germany where my German ancestors came from... (That's quite close geographically to both Denmark and Sweden, by the way!)

So at least for that flag I might consider Ĺland too...
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Víđálfr View Post
    And how do you count if they accept you or not?
    That's the hardest point. Civilized people uses to be polite (someway hide their feelings). I guess you will/would just notice that in a longer run?

How many persons do you need to not accept you so that you will not feel accepted?
    I'm bit sensible person (''a princess'' ) ... so one. I have gotten used that people likes me.

Did you encounter any problems like that from the Danes?
    Of course not. Have been in Denmark 5 times. Lund is not very far from Copenhagen. Huge bridge makes it pretty easy. But atmosphere here (Skadi) is someway much tighter (not talking about possible Danes members, but generally). That just put me thinking ... have I lied to myself ... as I have someway kept whole Scandinavia as my possible future living area.

So at least for that flag I might consider Ĺland too...
    Honestly Ĺland would be more difficult for you than any EU country/area. They have protected their position against Finns many ways since WWI ... simply to survive. Of course those laws and regulations still will not only impact Finns but all the rest too (just a same ways) ... and as they are not part of EU (even as Ĺland is autonomous part of Finland) ... they don't need to let outsiders (Europeans) get in there. But as I said ... they still would welcome me:
    1.) I'm native Swedish speaker,
    2.) I have risen up in Finnish Swede - Swede family (culture)
    3.) I'm citizen of Sweden plus also Finland (easier and better to them)
    4.) Ethnically my dad is Swede and mom Finnish Swede.
    5.) Everyone will want young adults ... new workers, but also new families/kids.

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Daci, Suebi, Carpi
    Single adult
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heidin
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    I'm bit sensible person (''a princess'' ) ... so one. I have gotten used that people likes me.
    Awwww! I'm quite sensible too, I have to admit... But you see, being too sensible is not good for yourself, when the opinions of some jerks might count, for example. It doesn't help you if you suffer because of that. I really wish you'll never face such things, ever, but sometimes life is tough, so... it can happen.

Honestly Ĺland would be more difficult for you than any EU country/area. They have protected their position against Finns many ways since WWI ... simply to survive. Of course those laws and regulations still will not only impact Finns but all the rest too (just a same ways) ... and as they are not part of EU (even as Ĺland is autonomous part of Finland) ... they don't need to let outsiders (Europeans) get in there. But as I said ... they still would welcome me:
    1.) I'm native Swedish speaker,
    2.) I have risen up in Finnish Swede - Swede family (culture)
    3.) I'm citizen of Sweden plus also Finland (easier and better to them)
    4.) Ethnically my dad is Swede and mom Finnish Swede.
    5.) Everyone will want young adults ... new workers, but also new families/kids.
    Sounds good! Good luck with it! I think it's also worth visiting, for me at least. I prefer to not be in the EU. Maybe I might consider UK too, after Brexit? Depends how the picture will be there, but honestly I never considered UK, not even for visiting it... I don't think it will be much better in the UK, unfortunately, anyway... Maybe USA? But that's too far from Europe, and also it doesn't really attract me. My affinity is with Scandinavia, so... I might choose something in (cultural) Scandinavia.

Switzerland? That's not in the EU either. But I would miss Scandinavia if I would move there, most probably...
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,315 Posts
    Sounds good! Good luck with it!
    Just one option....
    BUT it is safer living place than Sweden (today). Ĺland could feel bit ''sleepy place'' to somebodies but I'm country side girl anyway. And even accent is pretty much the same.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456