Folkish/Libertarian/Secessionist
    Religion
    Heathen (Fyrnsidu/"Odinist")
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Concealed Carry?

How many people hereabouts have some sort of concealed carry or "Right To Carry" licenses and actively carry concealed firearms?
    (Sorry to all the non-American people on the board-most Western countries have draconian tyrannical gun-ban laws in place).
    I believe being a responsible, lawful concealed carrier can go a long ways towards defending one's family,self, and property from crime, other harm, esp. given the nutcases that shoot public places up to get on TV.
    For U.S. residents, here's a good site on concealed carry laws across the country:

http://www.carryconcealed.net/

Some states like my own, have the "Castle Doctrine" by law, basically a property, homeowner will not be liable for shooting and/or killing an intruder in self-defense.
    My regrets to our cousins in other countries whose governments have forcibly disarmed their citizens, leaving them much less able to defend themselves!

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 @ 04:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I will have mine on the third of April in 2011.

Preußen Envy
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, July 30th, 2018 @ 05:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have my CCW and my carry is a Sig in the 80s made in West Germany with +p+ hollow points. Oregon has very lenient policies on firearms and conceal and carry as it is a 'will issue' state. I only wish that I could bring my concealed carry into the university or other 'No firearm past this point' institutions. I find it completely insane that the law of the land is to disable law abiding citizens from protecting themselves and others by forcing them to be disarmed. While I am not trying/pretending to be some vigilante, you never know if you will run across someone attempting to commit a violent crime against another or yourself. The police certainly can't be everywhere. In my mind if 1 out of every 2 people in the public (so 50%) were packing, that means a criminal has very poor odds of getting away with anything. I mean you don't see scum holding up NRA meetings or gun shows.

I think Oregon has the Castle doctrine. I forget the difference between the 'Stand your ground' and the castle doctrine. I think the castle doctrine is where you do not have to announce intent to shoot or retreat in your home or privately owned business. As oppose to 'Stand your ground' implies you do not have to announce or retreat anywhere. I could be wrong but in the end, dead men tell no tales
    Last edited by Reich des Waldes; Wednesday, November 26th, 2008 at 12:14 AM. Reason: grammar mistakes

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 18th, 2016 @ 02:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Politics
    Old Stock Nativism
    Religion
    Heathen Theosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I wish I could have one here, but the state of Hawaii does not allow anyone other than cops to carry. Also, the military housing authority doesn't all anyone who lives on post to store firearms in their homes. I thought about moving off post to circumvent this, but that would entail actually living around the natives, which would probably ensure that I'd have to use a gun. It's a good thing that break-ins on post are relatively rare. The one saving grace for me on this god forsaken island is that there is no limit on the length of a single edged knife that you carry, which means, I don't leave home without this:

I know it's a poor substitute for a pistol, but I'm sure I could give one of these local methed out thugs a run for his money.
    "Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time."
    -H.P. Lovecraft

Preußen Envy
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, July 30th, 2018 @ 05:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    For non lethal (well, still very lethal just not a firearm) self defense I would recommend an ASP baton and SAP gloves. ASP batons are telescoping metal batons. I believe almost all police departments have replaces their nightsticks with ASP style batons. You can easily parry a knife away, shatter an attacker's knee or hand or give them a disabling blow to the head or neck. SAP gloves on the other hand are standard looking leather gloves that have steel or lead shot in the knuckle parts which compress together on impact. You might as well be striking someone with brass knuckles when you are wearing those.

Demonstration of SAP gloves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVKWcxvmjlI

Check with your local state laws to make sure they are legal to carry concealed on your person.

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 6th, 2010 @ 02:52 AM
    Ethnicity
    English/Norman/German
    Country
    State
    Missouri Missouri
    Married
    Politics
    none
    Religion
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I firmly believe in a person having the right to arm himself. At one time we lived near St. Louis, and was nearly broken into. I was irate, I told my husband I would never be a sitting duck again. I told him if he didn't teach me to shoot a hand gun I would go take lessons. That got him off his duff, and he proceded to teach me. I got so I was pretty good at it. Besides a gun I also got a big aggressive doberman dog. So I thought I would be prepared if it ever happened again. I told my husband I wasn't going to be some poor helpless female sleeping in bed when I hear someone in the house. I would not hesitate a minute to shoot an intruder. My brother who was in the army said aim for the stomach, you have the biggest target. That was what he was taught in the army. So I sleep every night with a 38 revolver in my antique chest of drawers, along with all my feminine things. A favorite columnist of mine said he would rather they were stone cold dead on the floor than himself. I agree.
    We all know that the criminals start carrying guns while they are still children, and the older they get the bigger guns they get. So why shouldn't we have one.
    If I was still working in St. Louis I would carry one back and forth to work.
    This sounds very militant coming from a nice, feminine lady. But I feel strongly about it.

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 @ 12:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon Southron
    Ancestry
    Angelcynn/Gaeilge/Deutsch
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    coal miner
    Politics
    Folkish/Libertarian/Secessionist
    Religion
    Heathen (Fyrnsidu/"Odinist")
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arundel View Post
    I firmly believe in a person having the right to arm himself. At one time we lived near St. Louis, and was nearly broken into. I was irate, I told my husband I would never be a sitting duck again. I told him if he didn't teach me to shoot a hand gun I would go take lessons. That got him off his duff, and he proceded to teach me. I got so I was pretty good at it. Besides a gun I also got a big aggressive doberman dog. So I thought I would be prepared if it ever happened again. I told my husband I wasn't going to be some poor helpless female sleeping in bed when I hear someone in the house. I would not hesitate a minute to shoot an intruder. My brother who was in the army said aim for the stomach, you have the biggest target. That was what he was taught in the army. So I sleep every night with a 38 revolver in my antique chest of drawers, along with all my feminine things. A favorite columnist of mine said he would rather they were stone cold dead on the floor than himself. I agree.
    We all know that the criminals start carrying guns while they are still children, and the older they get the bigger guns they get. So why shouldn't we have one.
    If I was still working in St. Louis I would carry one back and forth to work.
    This sounds very militant coming from a nice, feminine lady. But I feel strongly about it.
    I enjoy hearing about a lady ready to defend herself with deadly force if necessary! Just like my wife, she knows how to put the lead down range! I wish more women carried, it would prevent so many more rapes and other assaults on women. The best kind of rapist is the dead kind.

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 18th, 2016 @ 02:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Country
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Politics
    Old Stock Nativism
    Religion
    Heathen Theosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reich des Waldes View Post
    For non lethal (well, still very lethal just not a firearm) self defense I would recommend an ASP baton
    This was actually my first choice for self defense, but alas, these too are illegal to carry in the "great" state of Hawaii.
    "Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time."
    -H.P. Lovecraft

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 @ 11:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian X Anglo/Celt
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Tasmania Tasmania
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Back to Boilermaker/weldering
    Politics
    not the Greens
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    None as it is illegal to carry(or even to own in most cases) ANY type of weapon for self defence
    Tasmanian twice the heads!!.......twice the intelligence!?

Last Online
    Sunday, February 1st, 2009 @ 01:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    California California
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student/Retail
    Politics
    Moderate Libertarian
    Religion
    Hard Polytheist Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I live in a fairly good area that's mostly off campus students and yuppies, and in my rougher hometown my apartment was on the second floor with several locks including a deadbolt and I rarely have business in bad parts of town, so I feel relatively safe.

In California there aren't any restrictions on blades so long as they aren't switch blades. I have a Tai Chi sword (like a Chinese version of a rapier, and used a lot on Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) in my room just in case and want to get a Gladius someday, mostly for intimidation of a robber, and a have wooden Katana in my car. I don't have a gun yet because I'm not settled, and if I join the military I don't know where I'd end up.

But really, all these laws are stupid, as with a little determination and skill, MANY items that can never be banned can be used for self defense as weapons if opportunity, such as shovels, baseball bats, hammers, wrenches, ordinary kitchen knives, wooden sticks, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast