Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

More Foreign Students Choose Swedish Universities

More foreign students choose Swedish universities

The number of foreign students studying at Swedish colleges and universities continues to climb to record levels.

Last academic year, one quarter of all new students at Swedish institutes of higher education came from other countries.

And according to preliminary statistics from the Sweden’s National Agency for Higher Education (Högskoleverket), enrollment of foreign students is up an additional 17 percent for the current academic year compared to figures from the previous year, Dagens Nyheter (DN) reports.

Moreover, foreign students make up about 43 percent of the increase in new students enrolled in Swedish universities over the last two years.

Most foreign students are considered “free movers” who choose to pursue higher education in Sweden on their own initiative, and most choose to enroll in technical programmes.

Stockholm’s Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) has around 3,000 foreign students out of a total enrollment of 13,400 full time students and doctoral candidates.

While the majority of the schools exchange students come from other European countries, more than 90 percent of the students enrolled in KTH’s masters programmes come from countries outside of Europe such as China, India, Nigeria, and Pakistan.

http://www.thelocal.se/15816/20081120/

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2009 @ 10:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Niedersachsen , gijon
    Subrace
    Nordic amd Ibero-Celtic
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    not happy to be divorced
    Occupation
    All ways working
    Politics
    Community Volkisch
    Religion
    Old Religion - European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Who pays for all this?

Last Online
    Saturday, June 27th, 2020 @ 11:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Conservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfang View Post
    Who pays for all this?
    The Swedish tax-payer of course .

Last Online
    Monday, February 21st, 2011 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    North-Atlantid/Galatizied Cromagnid
    Ancestry
    Scottish/Irish
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Scotland Scotland
    NS
    Religion
    Nature
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    While the majority of the schools exchange students come from other European countries, more than 90 percent of the students enrolled in KTH’s masters programmes come from countries outside of Europe such as China, India, Nigeria, and Pakistan.

Judging from most of the students at my old university in Glasgow when i was there last year for a graduate recruitment fair, i think it's pretty much the same situation there as well. I know that it usually costs a heck of a lot more to study at a university as a foreign (international) student, so it does seem strange that a lot of them seem to come from African countries, who are always having aid money sent to them from western countries anyway.
    I was hoping i might be able to study in Australia, but the fees there are unbelieveably expensive, although i'm sure there are also lots of Africans etc there too, and it wouldn't surprise me if there is some kind of 'arrangement' going on whereby if you're from some African country, or China or somewhere then you get your fees paid. I know for a fact that many refugees get preferential treatment when it comes to housing. I remember someone who had a friend who works for some housing association, and they wouldn't give a house to a single mother and her kids because it was going to a family from the Congo!!
    Love all living things whose humble task is not opposed in any way to yours, to ours: men with simple hearts, honest, without vanity and malice, and all the animals, because they are beautiful, without exception and without exception indifferent to whatever "idea" there may be. Love them, and you will see the eternal in the glance of their eyes of jet, amber, or emerald. Savitri Devi