Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Thumbs Up Discussion of Negative Reputation Points

Speaking of negative reputation, I do not miss the members who give out negative reputation chilidishly, abusing this function.

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    304 Posts
    Hey, if you guys are getting neg repped, I could give a few back for you since I'm a funder and I have that option.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Give me rep please, OEN stole all mine and he's going to get a proper spanking for it in due course..

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    Hey, if you guys are getting neg repped, I could give a few back for you since I'm a funder and I have that option.
    If he neg reppeds you let me know & I'll cross it out with a positive 7-point rep.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, June 12th, 2010 @ 07:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Deitsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How should I not use the reputation system?

Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    The following is not permitted and considered to be a misusage of the reputation system:

- adding to your own reputation through the usage of multiple accounts

- threatening other users with negative reputation points

- threatening other users in order to add to your reputation

- issuing the same user negative reputation points in a row through the usage of multiple accounts or with the help of other users

Users who have been found to infringe the terms above will be banned from using the reputation sysem. All reputation additions/substractions are logged.

http://forums.skadi.net/faq.php?faq=...q_new_faq_rep7

Although this'll all just end up in some sort of flame war or something...

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, April 12th, 2019 @ 10:19 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    If you feel that there has been an abuse of negative (or positive, for that matter - though I am still waiting to complain that they've received reputation ) reputation towards your account - please let Staff know, and with your permission we shall review such abuse of reputation and sanction the members who abused the system.

We do not normally monitor reputation, unless there is suspected abuse - and even then only on the permission of the giver or receiver to check their reputation. But if you feel that there's been abuse of negative reputation directed towards you, let us know, and we shall see what we can do for you.

Giving negative reputation back in retaliation is not the way forward - we are all adults, and as such we shouldn't involve ourselves in rep-wars, no should we. Let us know - but bear in mind that if you are found to have abused the system in return, then your case might be threated less sympathetically.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Dear Members - You have approximately 4-12 hours to give me a few good reasons why this thread should remain open otherwise I shall contemplate its closure.
    There was nothing wrong with this thread until a cetain individual decided to cause drama by giving out negative reputation. I received 2 negative reps in a row from OEN. I mean I can't remember the last time I got negative repped before this evening. This isn't the first time he has done this - not to me, but I know someone else who has had this problem with him.

This is the type of thread that could eventually end in drama, as people go around preaching each other's dislike. Imagine you saw your own name mentioned with a whole host of insults - would you retaliate and feel insulted by the member who said he did not miss you for "being a jerk" or something like that. You probably would feel insulted, and I am sure that there are some who would readily retaliate on said grounds --- and there we'd go, first class drama, all for a storm in a tea cup.

Seriously, it's just a cloak for a "I hate Member X and Member Y and Member Z because members X, Y and Z don't like members A, B, and C; and because they have ideologies M,N and R" - as such not really of much quality and constructive, positive value, now is it? Just saying...
    I don't see how simply stating a members username like "mischak" without any further elaboration is in any way flaming or drama. Even Allenson has posted in this thread mentioning a former member's name but without insults.

Oh, and if you feel that there has been an abuse of negative (or positive, for that matter - though I am still waiting to complain that they've received reputation ) reputation towards your account - please let Staff know, and with your permission we shall review such abuse of reputation and sanction the members who abused the system.

We do not normally monitor reputation, unless there is suspected abuse - and even then only on the permission of the giver or receiver to check their reputation. But if you feel that there's been abuse of negative reputation directed towards you, let us know, and we shall see what we can do for you.

Giving negative reputation back in retaliation is not the way forward - we are all adults, and as such we shouldn't involve ourselves in rep-wars, no should we. Let us know - but bear in mind that if you are found to have abused the system in return, then your case might be threated less sympathetically.
    I've offered to negate the negative reputation with positive rep for anyone who is receiving negative rep unjusticely. But if you want to get involved...

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, April 12th, 2019 @ 10:19 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    There was nothing wrong with this thread until a cetain individual decided to cause drama by giving out negative reputation. I received 2 negative reps in a row from OEN. I mean I can't remember the last time I got negative repped before this evening. This isn't the first time he has done this - not to me, but I know someone else who has had this problem with him.
    As I said - if you have several negative reputation comments from a certain member, especially within the same day or so, and you suspect that this member does it systematically - based on his/her personal dislike and/or constant disagreement with you rather than the basis of the quality or message of your posts ... then you are more than welcome to PM any member of active Staff and point out, "Hey, Member X is giving me negative reputation on pretty much all of my posts - can you have a look at that?" and then we will have a look at it and set according measures; including the deletion of any negative comments that appeared to be out of an abuse of the system.

I've offered to negate the negative reputation with positive rep for anyone who is receiving negative rep unjusticely. But if you want to get involved...
    If it's to balancing with positive reputation, I can help balancing that one up. Ten minutes again, I have received two reputation points that took me to the 15,000 tally, meaning that by virtue of 1 (standard) + 6 (6x2,500 rep) + 1 (1x2,500 posts) + 3 (3x265 days since registration), I can contribute 11 points of positive reputation.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 28th, 2009 @ 03:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Why don't you lock that thread. Staff members were being insulted. Well, all members I guess. That's why you people are getting negative rep, because you just won't leave it even after somebody departed weeks ago.

I received 3 negative rep in a row today :-/ I won't be able to sleep, it's such a big deal!!

Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2009 @ 09:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Niedersachsen , gijon
    Subrace
    Nordic amd Ibero-Celtic
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    not happy to be divorced
    Occupation
    All ways working
    Politics
    Community Volkisch
    Religion
    Old Religion - European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Maybe The thread should just disappear. At this point it makes us look badly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast