Vandalic
    Ancestry
    Reidgotalandic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Comeback for Putin?

Is Putin coming back as president - staying in power until 2024?
    It is certainly possible because Russia is changing its constitution, and doing so with unseemly haste.

President Dmitry Medvedev may have called for the change. But few doubt that the real architect is Mr Putin. Mikhail Fishman, editor of Russian Newsweek, says its now clear President Medvedev is not an independent operator, but has been put in power to carry out specific orders made by Mr Putin.

One of those was that he had to appoint Putin to be his prime minister. Another is that he has to change the constitution. What we do not know is what other orders he has.

Putin is the most powerful leader in Russia since Stalin, according to Mr Fishman.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7730179.stm

Last Online
    Monday, May 17th, 2010 @ 07:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Did Medvedev grow an inch and make Putin look smaller!? My guess is that Putin is doing just fine pulling the strings.

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 5th, 2009 @ 07:17 AM
    Ethnicity
    Son of the Empire
    Ancestry
    English, Scottish
    Subrace
    Alpinised Bruenn altered by Med.
    Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's not much of a comeback, since he never really left the top job anyway.

As soon as there was the build up to the election posted on the BBC website I knew this would happen. Even they made it blatantly obvious for readers to come up with such a conclusion when they stated that Russian presidents can only serve such and such terms consecutively.

I think many people in the West seem to have a phobia of Russia and for the life of me I cannot understand why. The only thing I could put it down to is old feelings from the Cold War or perhaps Gazprom and the controversies surrounding that. Putin, to me, seems to be an energetic, intelligent leader who is not afraid to say what he wants.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Son of the Empire
    Ancestry
    English, Scottish
    Subrace
    Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vingolf View Post
    Your time perspective is too narrow, it seems. The phobia is far stronger on the other side of the civilizational dividing line.
    Well, what indicators are there that the current Russian government resembles anything remotely Communist?

It may be nice to criticise a country because of its history - just look at what happened and still happens to Germany. But I cannot help but feel that it is simple because the US dominated world stage is far too scared of losing it's global hegemony to the emergence of a multi-polar order.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I hope Putin comes back, he's my favourite world leader. Strong, uncompromising, yet he makes good decisions, and genuinely takes care of his country's population's prosperity. Something our corrupt Western leaders don't do.

Hail Putin!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    the question remains whether he is good or bad news for the Germanic world.
    Good news. I am convinced Putin wants a genuine partnership with Europe. Trust needs to be built, of course, but Western anti-Russian propaganda is making this very difficult. Putin is pro-European, he has mentioned this many times. He is also aware of the dangers of a resurgent China ... but other European leaders don't seem to think of this. Putin would rather side with Europe than with China. It is time we treated Russia as a European power, and form an alliance with them. It can only be to our benefit.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Son of the Empire
    Ancestry
    English, Scottish
    Subrace
    Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Would you kindly explain to me what communism has to do with this discussion?
    "Putin is the most powerful leader in Russia since Stalin, according to Mr Fishman."

Perhaps that is what made me equate a vibrant Russian leader with Communism.

Of course if you were insinuating that there was some other aspect of Russian or European history that we should be considering then you need only state it. A discussion is much more productive if everyone shares information as opposed to simply try and make someone appear foolish.

Have you ever studied European and Russian history?
    Yes, sure have. Was introduced to it at high school and am now continuing it at university level. How about yourself?

Even if we drop the subject whether he is good or bad for his own fellow countrymen and his own country, the question remains whether he is good or bad news for the Germanic world.
    I know that Mr. Putin and his family speak German at home. Could this possibly entail that he holds German(ic) culture in high regard?

I quite like Putin. He seems to be labeled as a bit of a lunatic by the USA. However, I would be quite up in arms if a power from another continent was attempting to meddle in my domestic affairs ie recent Georgia crisis, planned missile shield.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 29th, 2012 @ 11:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo - Saxon.
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    [Psychologist]
    Politics
    Patriotic
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I hope Putin comes back, he's my favourite world leader. Strong, uncompromising, yet he makes good decisions, and genuinely takes care of his country's population's prosperity. Something our corrupt Western leaders don't do.

Hail Putin!
    Are you speaking here as a Germanic person - or as something else? I just thought I would ask whilst passing by.

The issue surely needs to be 'whats in it all for us'? We have a general idea what the current system will be serving up - along the lines of more of the same

Otherwise, I agree. Putin never really left... he simply rearranged the chairs! He can just as easily do it again. Not too sure what happens if the world goes into deep recession and no-one wants to buy their oil and gas very much. Hard to imagine at present.

Schimmelreiter
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, September 4th, 2017 @ 09:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Deutsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    The Russian Federation is a center of power outside of America's sphere called the West and the Franco-German sub-sphere called the European Union. What matters here is how Russia's interests align with those of either of them and how this affects Germanics ruled by those units. Sentiments towards us will change according to a foreign policy based on other criteria. The question whether Russia is pro-Germanic or not can only be described as meaningless. Russia is pro-Russian, if anything at all.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Are you speaking here as a Germanic person - or as something else? I just thought I would ask whilst passing by.
    I am speaking here as a European, as a white man. Our corrupt politicians want to prevent at all costs any strong European nation from forming, that is not parroting the US/Zionist worldview. Hence the barrage of anti-Russian media we get fed with constantly.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast