If there’s one conclusion a cursory examination of Weld County’s latest immigration bust brings, it’s that we’re a country and county conflicted.

The federal government is admittedly torn between enforcing its immigration laws and a desire for the tax revenue illegal immigrants pay while in the United States — not to mention the spending they do here.

Businesses want cheap labor for their agricultural operations but don’t want to harm Americans looking for work. There are more than 10 million people unemployed in the United States and at least that many in the U.S. illegally.
Read entire article here.

I believe the current number of investigations in Weld County alone dealing specifically with illegal immigrants and identity theft is sitting around 1200...of those investigations only 26 have warrants for arrest last I saw. I thought I'd share some of the problems close to home to illustrate the growing problem that we have in this country. For those that don't know, Weld County, Colorado was listed as number two in the country for both identity theft as well as consumer fraud...thanks to the "industrious" nature of both the illegal alien and meth users (a different topic for another subject) in the area.