View Poll Results: To what extent do you scrutinise your entertainment?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • What entertainment?

4 5.26%
  • I mostly entertain myself (and others)

8 10.53%
  • I scrutinise my entertainment severely

13 17.11%
  • I scrutinise my entertainment to a reasonable extent

35 46.05%
  • I don't worry too much about scrutinising my entertainment

9 11.84%
  • Scrutiny?

5 6.58%
  • Other...

2 2.63%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Reconcile Your Entertainment with Your Beliefs?

Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 12:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    There's a site called Gawker where rumours are spread without names or evidence. I doubt any of the claims are true, thusly. But assume they are true, it seems modern society promotes very dysgenic individuals as role models. People who have abortions, unwanted babies, drug addiction, mental health problems and the like have the same psychological profile of low functioning criminals. We should reconsider supporting an industry like this and boycott films whose stars proclaim hostile politics.

I'm not going to drop names nor condemn sex workers at the bottom of life's pile. But we all know what the casting couch is. Surely we all know they sleep around for roles. This counts as prostitution. If this was you're mother, wife or daughter you would be horrified by this behaviour. Though there's much fuss about the likes of Gawker harassing celebs, celebrity-focused media glorifies behaviours should not be promoted. Oh and the rest of us can't afford lawyers if we get media trouble. Eat the rich.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Ancestry
    Danish, German
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts
    I don't watch things I don't enjoy and which are denigrating towards the European/Germanic people, I don't listen to rap or obscene music, however I don't do things like scrutinize the list of actors in a movie, and if I find someone who is Jewish or non-European, I stop watching the movie. It's the same with the music. Some people do that, and they end up with a long list of what not to watch. So meticulous no, but sensible about it, absolutely.

Last Online
    Thursday, December 28th, 2017 @ 08:01 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I used to when I was younger, but now I'm pretty confident in the strength of my awakened mind not to be brainwashed. But if I feel like I'm being preached to, I hate it.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Friday, June 30th, 2017 @ 08:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    If a film pushes a worldview that I disagree with I tend to avoid paying to see it in the cinema. (I might still download it on torrents later.)

There is a film out at the moment called "Get Out", It's about a young black man who is having a sexual relationship with a white girl and is going with her to meet her parents one weekend. He discovers that the family are actually slave traders and are enslaving black people through mind control techniques and auctioning them off to the highest bidder, and that that is what they intend to do with him.

Eventually there is a shoot out where he kills each member of the family one by one. This anti-white SJW nonsense is getting 99% from the critics on rotten tomatoes.

I'm giving it a miss at the cinema.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Close observation may result in feelings of horror, wonder and awe at world you find yourself inhabiting.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Horned God For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Friday, April 16th, 2021 @ 06:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nordish Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    It is a real turn off when I feel entertainment trying to brainwash me or push a pseudo history. I was excited for a TV show called Taboo, but the unrealistic depiction of London at the time of American Independence with so many black characters just made me think this is BS so I stopped watching it.
    Our beauty is our power, our strength. We can’t allow them to change us, to lessen us. I will never grant them that satisfaction, and neither should you!

White Oleander

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aesthete For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Sunday, October 25th, 2020 @ 09:09 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swiss
    Ancestry
    Switzerland
    Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I scrutinize everything with a microscope since my 20's. I'm generally not really interested in the modern entertaining cacophony. The Lord of the Rings and a few Spaghetti Westerns are the only full movies I've seen since more than a decade. I threw my TV away a long time ago. I only watch documentaries about nature and snooker once and a while.

Otherwise, a part from Skadi, I mainly use the internet to find hidden musical treasures, interesting books, blogs and videos dealing with my hobbies and interests. That's really about it for entertainment media.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Family
    Married parent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siebenbürgerin View Post
    I feel I subconsciously scrutinise my entertainment options.
    Same here. I watch TV rarely, rarely go to the cinema and choose my entertainment from the Internet, books, etc.

Sometimes I read the mainstream media to have an idea at what level things are nowadays, how the press has evolved, etc.
    "Tradition doesn't mean holding on to the ashes, it means passing the torch."
    - Thomas Morus (1478-1535)

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    287 Posts
    When I browse these forums I often find a post which I submitted some eight to ten years ago and oft I'm surprised how little my views on some matters have changed in the meantime. This is no such case.

Back in the days, these were wholesome and healthy days and the degeneration in all types media & entertainment hadn't yet become so obvious. In fact, as late as 2012 I couldn't understand when a comrade mentioned that he exclusively listened to bands which were at least halfways towards our mindset. I always thought that art existed for art's sake and was only grouped in good art and bad art. But the playing field has changed here. There's now good art and evil art, and we're made to fell that.

The Volkstod is progressing, the nation is divided and we're always at the brink of a civil war, whether it's due to the millions of racial others or to our political opponents, and as such, the media has even more so become a tool to promote values that are hostile to our very folk and is carefully utilised by our opponents, who have the upper hand thus far on the "culture war" to promote their ideals and slag off ours.

A huge turning point here was last year's presidential elections. There've been so many artists both in Europe and across the pond who went out of their way to use their fame to slag off the right's candidate, some of the undoubtedly paid by their slave-masters for their statemet. A lot of so called "cultural happenings" supported by the left also seek to influence us this way. Even the children's series on TV have become increasingly dull and political, what happened to all the multi-layered humour in really cute hand-animated series?

As such, I generally tend to weight: Does the artist's positive outcome outweigh his negative attitude? If so I'll listen to or watch it: As such I still enjoy Ambros's music (he's left wing but has been somewhat silent + his songs are brilliant and teach a connection to the people & the land), but will shy away from listening to Fendrich's songs. I'll no longer watch Mittermaier's cabaret (not that I found him funny in the first place) but I'll always have a drink in a place that isn't ashamed of playing Gabalier's music (he's "outed" himself as a patriot under heavy media crossfire). If it's a series or a movie I'll look at the underlying message or the way it is presented. Is it relevent to European heritage, how does it portray things? So I'll watch Vikings but I'll advise people not to watch Pathfinder.

At this stage I've staunchly become to believe: Let's trust our own entertainment and build up our own music, theatre and cabaret. The left only support theirs, why should we also support theirs. Thus, by and at large, unpolitical and/or pro-Germanic or at least pro-European entertainment dominates what I'll be watching, listening or reading.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 @ 12:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Alt-Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I do not watch any films or television shows which portray miscegenation, those which portray Whites in an undue negative light, and those which push politically correct agendas. I also avoid period or historical shows with non-White actors shoehorned in for diversity and political correctness. I avoid video games for those reasons as well, e.g. Battlefield 1 or Mafia III.

I used to listen to a lot of jazz and Motown music and one change that people have noticed in me is my listening habits. I simply avoid all non-White music, even members of all-White jazz ensembles are liable to improvise with black musicians and thus non-White influences are bound to appear at any moment. Even a lot of rock music is too "black" sounding for me. I won't listen to music which contains offensive lyrics either. I also try not not patronize entertainers who push PC agendas, i.e. I do not buy their merchandise.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    I do not scrutinize my entertainment per se, however, like some mentioned here, I make certain conscious choices not to actively support those who are engaging in the denigration or destruction of my people - for example, I will not go to the cinema to pay for a movie, buy a CD or rent a video if said films are pushing anti-Germanic agendas. The only exception is if I want to make a point to someone and use it as an example, though in most cases I will be able to find an excerpt online. Otherwise, despite many of its stories being infuriating to me, I try to watch/read the mainstream media from time to time because I want to be up to date with their strategies.

When it comes to my children, we educated them by exposing them less to mainstream TV but did not totally cut off entertainment for them either, as we did not want to make it a "forbidden fruit". We had for example movie nights, where we would pick and download certain movies from the Internet and watch together with the whole family. At this age my children are free to choose their own entertainment options, however we have made them aware of the negative influences in the media. Not surprisingly, they gravitate towards similar views to ours.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast