Community Volkisch
    Religion
    Old Religion - European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Oh boy you opened a can of worms. Been educating myself on this lately.

The powers that be purposely put all of this stuff in our food, water and shampoo. Here's a good list to get you started. Don't believe me research this sh*t yourself:

Flouride (also sodium flouride in salt form): formerly used as rat poison. Though it is only put in water in minute quantities it builds up in your system over time and causes long term damage. Occurs in several isotopes. In extremely small quanities is found in nature. Typically though found as an industrial waste product from the aluminum industry. It will clean your teeth because it is toxic and kills germs. Ingesting it does nothing for your teeth but supposedly put in water to "keep teeth clean". Let me give you a little examle of where I live in Cincinnati. There are two upper class mostly Jewish neighborhoods. They get their own water supply that is unflouridated. The rest of us get flouride. Yet these same people tell us that our flouridated water supply is "better" hmm. I recomend you go look up some of the videos that have been made on flouride. Essentially it dumbs you down and lowers sperm count. Who first came up with the idea of using flouride? The Nazis. They only used it on POWs though to keep them docile.

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate: found in dishsoap, soap, shampoo. Mostly a cancer causing free radical. Can dumb you down. Don't buy products with it.

Trisodium phosphate: this is a fun one! look it up on wikipedia. The article makes no mention of it being a food. It is an industrial cleaner, usually used as a paint thinner. You will find recomendations to "call poison control" and go to a hospitol if you breath or ingest it, or if you get too much on your skin. Guess what? They put it in cereal. Acording to general mills "we only use a small amount- its harmless!" they base that on the assumption that your body will absorb none of it (at small doses your liver and kidneys can filter most of it) but actually it does get absorbed.

The end result is a very slight decrease in health. Interestingly brands like cherios which advertise they are for your health have trisodium phosphate in it!

Phyloestrogens: these are plant hormones that are basically identical to or "mimic" human and animal hormones. In other words estrogen. It is natural to ingest some of these, but typically corn, wheat and soy have abnormally high amounts of that. Interestingly those are the only crops that the U.S. government subsidizes (in other words keeping it cheap and in the hands of poor people). Yes we've been eating bread for hundreds of years, not a big deal. Soybean is of the most concern. It has many many times the amount of estrogen as any other plant known to man as well as the odd characteristic have having practically all the amino acids neccessary in a human diet. So- soybean has been put in just about everything (and corn in anything that doesn't have soy). In fact a poor person ingests huge amounts of soybean cuz guess what? those burgers at mcyd's are made mostly with soy! Most meat poor people eat has a lot of soy! And babies are given soy formula! guess what give it to a kid and it will change the way the brain developes.

In the end soy helps to "feminize" the brain and body typically. Makes people more docile and submissive! If you don't know what I'm talking about- have you ever met a vegetarian that eats a lot of tofoo or whtever that soy crap is? They are almost always very thin and frail, weak and docile. That is partly because they aren't getting a complete healthy diet, but also from ingesting huge amounts of soy. It can also lead to a f*cked up hormone system that leads to obesity (also caused by say caramel color which is a sugar derivitive that is hardly digestable but can contribute to diabetes- they use it as a coloring in sodas and such, but otherwise harmless- its burnt sugar basically). Also (soy) lowers male sperm count! Can occasionally also lower female fertility and screw up the menstrual cycle but less common.

Plastics: our good old friend plastic. Why did we stop using glass jars? Well plastic also mimics estrogen. Same effects.

All these things have basically the exact same effect: dumbs you down, makes you more submissive and docile and lowers fertility (mostly in males).

Guess what prozak is? It's basically flouride. Guess what riddilin does? Here we go- lowers sperm count. Makes child submissive and docile.

Are you getting the picture here? Do I have to go on?

If you see a lot of sh*t in the ingredients list that has weird scientific names google it. Grow much of your own food or buy organically from a local grower. Do something about water.

Oh about water- water filters will not filter flouride. Because its an ion. You need to buy a special filter. stores won't sell. I ordered some online, still waiting for them. They are about $100 each. If you buy bottled water- well guess what- does that bottled water ever taste like PLASTIC! You get a healthy dose of hormone disrupting plastics! which are also cancer causing carcinogens. but better than flouride I guess. But read the label. Must be reverse ossmosis. Or ionization filter process. also be sure they don't say they added flouride back in which they are now selling "baby water" with extra flouride to keep your babies healthy! Don't believe me go to the store.

And what about juice, soda etc.? All got flouride in it. They take tap water and put it in those drinks. unless its not from concentrate which is for the rich

Well some might ask, "if I'm drinking flouride why aren't I a retard?" well only about %40 of U.S. drinking supply is flouridated- mostly in urban and poor areas. Another thing it will drop your I.Q. if you already started high you might still have some brain cells going. There have been many studies linking aluminum and flouride to alteimers and other degenerative diseases but they have been squished by the flouride lobby!! And also guess what drinking flouride does to your teeth- makes them worse! lol even though they give it to you to make them stronger. . and guess what kids drinking flouride do? They get add, which makes them prime candidates for riddilin and later prozac (in other words more flouride).

Thank you for the post.I would not put anything past them.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, June 12th, 2010 @ 08:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Deitsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Whoa. Sources would be great rainman.

Flouride
    # Fluorine, from which fluoride is derived, is the 13th most abundant element and is released into the environment naturally in both water and air.

# Fluoride is naturally present in all water. Community water fluoridation is the addition of fluoride to adjust the natural fluoride concentration of a community's water supply to the level recommended for optimal dental health, approximately 1.0 ppm (parts per million). One ppm is the equivalent of 1 mg/L, or 1 inch in 16 miles.

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
    When do I ever ingest shampoo?
    I'm VERY doubtful it can cross the many barriers of the skin.

Trisodium phosphate
    Give me a source for this. I've just checked 4 cereal boxes.
    Phyloestrogens
    Assuming you mean Phytoestrogens.

Phytoestrogens, sometimes called "dietary estrogens", are a diverse group of naturally occurring non steroidal plant compounds that, because of their structural similarity with estradiol (17β-estradiol), have the ability to cause estrogenic or/and antiestrogenic effects

Plants are in on it too!
    Plastics
    Which ones? There are many.

All these things have basically the exact same effect: dumbs you down, makes you more submissive and docile and lowers fertility (mostly in males).

It's so easy to jump on conspiracy theories, it's so much harder to look for yourself.

I'm not advocating any of these things. I just think it's not as bad it's made out to seem.

All my sources are Wikipedia.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, October 2nd, 2010 @ 12:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Oh about water- water filters will not filter flouride. Because its an ion. You need to buy a special filter. stores won't sell. I ordered some online, still waiting for them. They are about $100 each. If you buy bottled water- well guess what- does that bottled water ever taste like PLASTIC! You get a healthy dose of hormone disrupting plastics! which are also cancer causing carcinogens. but better than flouride I guess. But read the label. Must be reverse ossmosis. Or ionization filter process. also be sure they don't say they added flouride back in which they are now selling "baby water" with extra flouride to keep your babies healthy! Don't believe me go to the store.
    Can you tell us more about these filters and where we can find them? I've been drinking bottled water all this time, and yeah, I noticed a while ago it tastes like plastic. I always assumed it was the sodium, potassium or whatever mineral enhancements they put in it "for taste". Also, a lot of bottled water out there, especially the cheaper brands, is just bottled tap water with nothing special done to it. Dasani, for instance, is bottled tap from Orlando, which, guess what, probably has a good dose of flouride in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulf View Post
    When do I ever ingest shampoo?
    I'm VERY doubtful it can cross the many barriers of the skin.
    Because of the alarming penetrating power of SLS, large amounts of these known carcinogens are absorbed through the skin into the body. A variation of SLS is SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE (Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate- SLES). It exhibits many of the same characteristics and is a higher-foaming variation of SLS.
    http://www.healthy-communications.co...sirritant.html

Also, shampoos and conditioners, mainly those for dandruff, contain aluminum which does absorb into the skin. Lots of bodywashes on the market also contain SLS and aluminum.

Last Online
    Sunday, January 18th, 2009 @ 09:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Fyrn Sed
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I watched this show and was not surprised all that much given that previous studies in Scotland indicated an infertility trend. Seems it even goes beyond this. Scary. I suppose it's no huge leap in logic that all the chemicals we ingest or routinely exposed to would bound to have an effect in time. We are engineering a new kind of doom for ourselves.

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 08:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well the Rothschilds were bad news from Meyer Amschel Rothschild right on down the list to today. These are people that make money off of war profiteering, and various criminal endeavors.
    They have no problem using people as Lab Rats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothschild_family

The basis for the Rothschild fortune was laid during the latter stages of the Napoleonic Wars. From 1813 to 1815, Nathan Mayer Rothschild in London was instrumental in the financing of the British war effort, handling the shipment of bullion to the Duke of Wellington's army in Portugal and Spain, as well as arranging the payment of British financial subsidies to their Continental allies. Through the commissions earned on these transactions, the Rothschild fortune grew enormously.

The four brothers helped co-ordinate activities across the continent, and the family developed a network of agents, shippers and couriers to transport gold and information across Europe. This private intelligence service enabled Nathan to receive in London the news of Wellington's victory at the Battle of Waterloo a full day ahead of the government's official messengers.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2010 @ 06:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Scotch-Irish, Welsh, English, Dutch, German, French
    Subrace
    Alpine-Nordic mix
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single, looking
    Politics
    Libertarian/Tribalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    plastics leak into the water. Now some states legally allow the pipes to be plastic carrying water into the home. Even though it is proven harmful their reasoning is it is in small enough doses.

Search "flouride filter" online.

The guy from the water company told me the same thing, "hey flouride is even in rainwater. It's natural, it's harmless". Well, if it's already in the water then why do you need to add it? He also told me the government pays a lot of money to add it. The other thing that he couldn't answer was why do the rich neighborhoods have a different water supply. If you can look up a map of cincinnati and the water distribution you will see this island in the middle that refuses to get city water. Its the rich predominately Jewish neighborhood and then the other one is the upscale Indian hill on the outskirts. This is where many politicians live. If it's so healthy why don't they drink it?

And if you look up the video you can see cows and stuff dying from flouride poisoning. As well if it was harmless it wouldn't be used as rat poison.

Yes it occurs naturally. There is actually flouride in your teeth. You also have iron in your body. Now shave down some iron and eat it. You will get sick. "but it's a common element. It occurs in nature" yeah but you don't add it to water. It exists only in trace amounts. Interesting side note some guy I know his kids did a science project. Crushed up total cerial and ran a magnet across it. Got iron shavings- to be expected. But way too many. Enough to be harmful. Aparently little things like this slip by the manufacturer.

I also forgot to mention artificial sweetners: bad.

None of this stuff is going to kill you. Smoking a cigarette won't kill you either. Yet when you take it over years and years it will shave years off your life or make you in worse health and will lower your I.Q., sperm count etc.

Here's cherios web-site: scroll down and there's an ingredients list. Trisodium phosphate.

http://www.berryburstcheerios.ca/en/...holeGrain.html

(not all cereals have it. But a handful of them do.

Here's what is recomended if you eat trisodium phosphate (seek medical attention immediately):
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/002489.htm

As I said I found a response from General Mills (maker of cereal) that claim "well we just put a little bit in there and most of it gets broken down in the baking process and the rest well your body mostly will not absorb it". Basically the reason you don't throw up after eating it is that it is a tiny amount. Yet as you know small amounts of poison over time does effect your body. Same philosophy with the flouride.

How to avoid: read the labels of the stuff you buy. I still don't trust them to be completely honest, like with the cereal that had too much iron in it but on the label it gives a safe dose. But there are soaps that don't have the lauryl sulfate. I think like cocoa butter soap or something is one. I just found this out recently have to go buy new stuff myself.

Food obviously read the labels. The most difficult thing to get rid of is flouride (unless you are lucky enough to live in area that isn't flouridated).

By the way in Germany, Sweden and most of Europe (exept England) it is ILLEGAL to put flouride in the water. I guess that's because its so safe and naturally occurring.

Whenever you contact the water company or the manufacturers they tell you this stuff is safe. But just get online and do a little homework. Obviosly they aren't going to say "yeah well you got me! I've been poisoning you all along".

The main problem is not that it's hard to buy products without this stuff. Its knowing what to look for a, and b) the products without poison are usually much more expensive. My landlord was actually telling me about some of this stuff. I asked who told him about sodium lauryl sulfate? He said a doctor. Wealthy, educated people and most politicians and such know about this stuff and don't use these products. They also have the money to buy healthy stuff.

As far as I'm concerned it's not all bad. You won't go completley sterile from these things. And it's mostly targeted at poor people who have the most babies anyway and need to have reduced fertility. Though dumbing people down that is a little scary. In some ways I could almost support making the poor more docile. The morality of using these things is debatable, but if you are a smart person you should avoid them for yourself. It's voluntary. Nobody's forcing you to take the stuff. But like I said its hard because it's an economic incentive.

If you eat at Wendy's and Burger King and McDonalds you are getting large doses of soybean, preservatives and other harmfuls. If you eat at some place that costs $50 a meal I guess its possible, but most likely you aren't getthing those things. This stuff is highly targeted at the poor.

Personally I believe drugs like weed are perpetuated by the CIA to make money and also to make people docile and lower sperm count and I.Q. It's an attack on all fronts.

Though it does explain the lemmings and the dumbing down I see around me partly. Though dysgenics plays a major role.

let me edit again: other things to avoid: artificial colors, flavors (and sweetners). Most of which are petroleum derivitives (so are many prescribed drugs). That's right. When they make gas or plastics they have chemicals left over which they sometimes turn into stuff we eat. It is so absurd it makes me laugh out loud but look it up. Again studies show basically the same side effects:

Some believe artificial colors and flavors lead to ADD or hyperactivity. Studies have been done on it many claim there is no link. Others show a weak link. Though it has also been shown that some of them reduce sperm count and screw with the hormonal system and also burden your liver which must remove them from the system because they are artificial and have no purpose in the body.

Basically %99 of stuff they put in food that isn't natural generally has the same effects. Some of these things also suppress the immune system to some degree.

Well sorry about spelling errors and such but I get too hyped up about this stuff to care.

But I would make a list and read labels. I guess sometimes you will have to make compromises. Eating a skittle isn't going to kill you but cut the stuff out of your diet as much as possible. Most rich people have these health food stores with organic foods (and lots of soy based stuff for some reason) and toothpaste without flouride in it and all these other great products. But its just so expensive! Have to make due with what you can. Try to buy not from concentrate stuff, things like that. Also the milk is pumped full of hormones unless you buy from natural or organic. UDF which is a little stop and go chain in Cincinnati won't allow such things in their milk for example.

This is something we were discussing in college in a medical class. They've done studies. Proves the hormones they are putting in milk are causing girls to grow breasts at a younger age. Yep. You wonder why your kids are hitting puberty at age 8? lol

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, June 12th, 2010 @ 08:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Deitsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Claim: The ingredient sodium lauryl sulfate poses a significant cancer risk to shampoo users.

Origins: Sodium lauryl sulfate (also known as sodium laurel sulfate, or SLS) and its chemical relative, sodium laureth sulfate (i.e., sodium lauryl ether sulfate, or SLES), are substances used in products such as shampoo, toothpaste, and mouth rinses as foaming and cleansing agents, producing the lather and clean hair we all know and love. (SLS, because it is cheaper to produce, is more commonly used than SLES. The first clue that whoever authored the message quoted above doesn't quite have all the facts is that he's confused the abbreviation for one with the name of the other.) Sodium lauryl sulfate is an irritant, and a shampoo containing 15% SLS is mainly tolerable only because it comes in contact with the scalp for just a few minutes and is diluted with water while in use. Should you get some in your eyes you'd certainly want to flush it out as soon as possible, and you really don't want to swallow the stuff. Those are the greatest dangers SLS poses to the average consumer, however. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration does require that fluoride toothpastes shipped as of 7 April 1998 carry a warning label about the dangers of swallowing too much toothpaste, and sodium lauryl sulfate is one of the three ingredients (along with sorbitol and fluoride) identified as posing a health risk. Because it causes cancer? No, because it can cause
    diarrhea.

Sodium lauryl sulfate is even found in food products such as candy. For example, it's an ingredient in Candy Bubbles, described as "Bubbles you can eat!" Although the label warns that the product should not be eaten outright, Candy Bubbles are touted as a fat-free, calorie-free edible product. Hardly something the Food and Drug Administration would allow to remain on the market if one of its ingredients were known to cause cancer.

Additionally, all manufacturers of hazardous chemicals in the U.S. are required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), a part of the U.S. Department of Labor, to file Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for those products. An MSDS "contains written or printed material concerning a hazardous chemical as prescribed by law," including information "needed to insure the safety and health of the user at all stages of [the chemical's] manufacture, storage, use, and disposal." Examining the MSDS for sodium lauryl sulfate, we find that the "Health Hazard Data" section that SLS can produce some rather nasty side effects if you inhale or ingest it, get it in your eyes, or leave it in contact with your skin for too long. But we already knew all that, and the general results of this misuse are symptoms such as skin irritation or nausea, not cancer.

In fact, three different agencies — the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the National Toxicology Program (NTP), and the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) have all rated SLS as being non-carcinogenic.

How about the rest of this message? Should we be concerned because "the fact is that SLS is used to scrub garage floors, and it is very strong"? Not really. Detergent is detergent; the same properties that make a substance useful for cleaning your hair make it useful for cleaning your clothes or a garage floor. Obviously you wouldn't want to use the same strength of a substance such as SLS on your hair as you would on a garage floor, and that's why shampoos typically contain no more than a 15% SLS solution. Cinnamon oil is "very strong" too, and you'd burn your mouth something terrible if you swallowed it undiluted. That doesn't mean that lesser concentrations of cinnamon oil are harmful, though.

Well, how about the writer's claim that "I called the company and told them their product contains a substance that will cause people to have cancer, and they say they know it but there is nothing they can do about it. They need that product to produce foam"? Didn't these shampoo manufacturers learn anything from the tobacco companies, who denied admitting that cigarette smoking causes cancer despite all the evidence to the contrary (and despite the warning labels that cigarette packages have been required to carry for over thirty years now)? If the government allowed shampoo companies to sell products containing known carcinogens without requiring them to place warning labels on their products, why in the world would they freely admit it to anyone who asked?

We're also warned that "[r]esearch has shown that in the 1980's, the chance of getting cancer is one out of 8000 and now in the 1990's, the chances of getting cancer is one in three," as if the chances of contracting cancer had skyrocketed in the last few decades (with the implication that substances such as SLS are to blame for this rise). According to the American Cancer Society, the "probability that an individual, over the course of their lifetime, will develop cancer or die from it" was one in three for both men and women in the 1980s, and one in two for men and one in three in women in 1998. Hardly the alarming jump claimed by the scarelore writer. You might still think that one in three sounds awfully high, and that something must be causing all this cancer, something that didn't exist or wasn't in common use several decades ago, when far fewer people died or cancer. It's true that something causes cancer, but it's a fallacy to assume that this something wasn't around back in the days when fewer people died of cancer. A large part of the reason that so many people die of cancer these days is that they live much longer and don't die of something else first. Everybody dies of something, and since relatively few people these days die of smallpox or the plague or the measles or tuberculosis or polio or any of a number of other maladies we've cured or eliminated, they're around long enough to contract cancer. It's hardly alarming that people die of cancer in their seventies instead of dropping dead of heart attacks in their fifties. And as for the "hope [that] we can stop giving ourselves the cancer virus," we don't have much to worry about there, since most forms of cancer aren't caused by a virus in the first place.

So where does the idea that SLS is carcinogenic come from? Back in the 1970s some shampoos were found to be contaminated with small amounts of nitrosamines, which are carcinogenic. Ethanolamine lauryl sulfates used in these shampoos were determined to be the source of the nitrosamine contamination, and manufacturers took corrective action. Perhaps someone is now confusing ethanolamine lauryl sulfate with sodium lauryl sulfate. Or, since the "SLS is dangerous" message has been widely disseminated by sellers of "alternative" or "all natural" products who tout that their wares don't contain SLS, perhaps someone in the "natural products" business deliberately created the message as a way of drumming up sales. There's nothing like an unfounded medical scare to get those cash registers ringing, and you can altruistically claim you have your customers' best interests at heart while you fleece them.

Wherever this notion came from, there simply is no medical evidence that SLS poses a significant risk of cancer to consumers of household products such as shampoo and toothpaste. Explore the links below for more detailed information.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/shampoo.asp

Last Online
    Saturday, April 4th, 2009 @ 02:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Subrace
    Nordid/Atlantid.
    Country
    State
    Massachusetts Massachusetts
    Family
    Single, looking
    Occupation
    Looking
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    I will offer a fuller opinion on the entire issue a little later, but I am curious at the implications meant behind the syntax of the following two paragraphs:

To link genital deformities with the latter category, and especially to mention cerebral palsy in the same sentence as f.ex. dyslexia is a bit high-strung, considering that a disproportionately high number of geniuses suffered from dyslexia, that in fact dyslexia seems to be something more often encountered with intelligent than stupid people. It also does not differentiate between full autism and high-functioning autism (an important distinction) and fails to mention that Tourette's syndrome is found in various forms with people that are anything but retarded, something that is especially true for ADHD as well - with ADHD being the "generic diagnosis" given to all people who behave differently at first, and besides that sporting a behaviour that would have been described as distinctively that of a male child some 50-60 years back.
    People with Cerebral Palsy aren't necessarily stupid (Take it from me, I should know. )
    SVMDEVSSVMCAESARSVMCAELVMETINFERNVM

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    State
    Washington Washington
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Polity capitated per constituent
    Religion
    a priori dialectic thelema/odal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ... Guess what riddilin(sic) does? ... Makes child submissive and docile.
    I hear if you crush ritalin up and snort it, it does the opposite. (don't try this at home kids, unless you want to become a drug addict: ritalin, i.e. methylphenidate, is just amphetamine engineered to have a linkage similar to the cocaine molecule.)

Last Online
    Thursday, March 25th, 2010 @ 11:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Schlesien, Brandenburg, Burgenland, Sicilu- Norman
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    State
    Burgenland Burgenland
    Married, happily
    Politics
    Capitalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Fertility rates seem fine among poor people and third worlders. Mainly because they tend to reproduce at younger ages, even as they are exposed to more pollutants than we are. Age has everything to do with it. Nothing like raging hormones for a big bang.]

See: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/preconce...ectsfertility/

For years it was assumed that men's fertility remains the same from puberty until they die. However, it seems that, like women, men have a biological clock ticking away their reproductive years. Although men in their 70s or even 80s can, and do, father children, a man this age is more likely to take years rather than months to get his partner pregnant.

As men age, their testes become smaller and softer and the volume, morphology (shape) and motility (ability to move) of their sperm declines. This makes it more difficult for the sperm to fertilise an egg. A study published in 2000 found that, in couples who successfully go on to have a baby, the probability that the couple will take longer than a year to conceive is about eight per cent when the man is under 25, but almost doubles to 15 per cent when the man is over 35. What's more, a woman whose partner is at least five years older than her has less chance of conceiving within a year than a woman whose partner is the same age as her, irrespective of her age. It's thought that the odds on conceiving within a year of trying decrease by three per cent for every year that the man is over the age of 24.

On an additional note: Sperm motility is a greater issue for the reproduction of males than females.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast