Politics
    immoderate
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes, the "rapture" is a fairly new element, but the prophecies surrounding the Antichrist have been written on the island of Patmos, Greece 100 A.C. The Jewish exodus took place before 'Revelation' was written, that's the traditional view at least.
    Even though there are small antichrists, it doesn't seem likely to me that either Nero or anyone else would've been the Antichrist, since not all conditions have been met that would've unleashed him, like the Jews going back to their ancestral land, the rebuilding of Salomon's temple, world government, etc. The Whore of Babylon could just as easily be nowadays media.
    The traditional view is that the Book of Revelation was written before AD 66. Now if one debates then that it was written after the fact but then repackaging them as fulfilled prophecies, then as Deary stated, you are shifting the debate from who is supposed to be the Antichrist to authenticity of Scripture which is off-topic.
    One must note that when dealing with Christian Eschatology, one is dealing with the prophecies in the Book of Daniel and others as well.
    Some of the conditions like the rebuilding of Solomon's Temple are things that are twisted from Scripture in the notes for the Schofield study Bible mainly because of Masonic influence with their obsession with the Temple. Is it any surprise that notable "Christians" like Brother Freemason John Hagee espouse this stuff?

As for the "the Whore of Babylon": Through out the entire Bible, Israel as God's chosen people are referred to being his bride. The marriage terminology is used because God's covenantal promises to Israel are to mirror that of a marriage contract. When Israel turns away from God into idolatry the it is referred to as a whore. Hosea 2:3 "When the Lord first spoke through Hose, the Lord said to Hosea, 'Go, take yourself a wife of whoredom and have children of whoredom, for the land commits great whoredom by forsaking the Lord.'"

So when the imagery of a whore is used in Revelation, it represents a false church which Judaeism had become since they rejected the Messiah. The Jews' false religion being linked to Babylon makes a lot of sense here IMO because in addition to rejecting Christ, the Jewish religion had absorbed a lot of mysticism that had roots in Babylonian mystery religion that what is commonly known today as the Kabbalah.

Yet it doesn't make sense to me why a Christian would work toward this goal of bringing about the apocalypse, like some think is their mission, by for instance supporting Israel. As if they're not going to be punished themselves for doing so.
    Indeed. I would even say that as a Christian, I would see such goals as downright devilish. What better way is there to stop Christians from advancing the Kingdom of Christ throughout the world by instead having them sitting on a hill somewhere waiting for the Rapture.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2009 @ 10:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Niedersachsen , gijon
    Subrace
    Nordic amd Ibero-Celtic
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    not happy to be divorced
    Occupation
    All ways working
    Politics
    Community Volkisch
    Religion
    Old Religion - European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Alpine View Post
    Quite the contrary, he's the second incarnation of Jesus, that's what the media told me and hence true.

with sicere respet to you, NO. If the poster did not want the Insane proposition Challenged than he should not have posted the Thread in the first place in my opinion.

The only things that keep not only Germanics, but all Indo europeans inluding
    latins and celts and mixtures thereof in a state of cultural and political confusions are the *Mind-bindings* created by the acceptance of completely foreign belief systems, causing us to disbelive our own value our own completeness outside of the Semitic god conundrum.

For Germanic Women in particular, Christianity was the mechanism that was used to take away her rights, no mater how much Christians may insist to the contrary.

But that is on the practical plane. On the spiritual level the though that so many aryans are hoodwinked by this christian farce is painful to bear, and Unfortunately, I DO NOT TAKE KINDLY TO SOMEONE ASKING ME RIDICULOUS QUESTIONS ABOUT ASPECTS OF A RELIGION THAT HAS NO MEANING, AS IF IT HAD MEANING FOR ALL OF US- (all caps accidental, but wellcome)
    Last edited by Allenson; Friday, November 7th, 2008 at 05:35 PM. Reason: content

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, October 2nd, 2010 @ 12:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    If you don't wish to talk about the thread within its intended context, then you are welcome to make another thread. This is about interpreting biblical scripture regarding the antichrist and whether or not it connects to Barack Obama. This is not about the relevance of Christianity, its impact on Germanics, "Jesus freaks", and so on. There are enough places on the forum for that discussion already. I thought the title of the thread made clear enough. You don't see me poking about in the Heathenry section making snide remarks about how all of it is nonsense in the first place, so please be considerate enough not to do the same here.

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 08:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well the problem is no one here, has enough ether historical knowledge or understanding I of ancient Hebrew to realistically interpret an ancient scripture in a modern context.

Do to that you must First (1)
    Interpret in the context as it was written in 70 AD.
    IE you would have, have a Rabi, who was also a Historian and was willing to look at the New Testament as something other than a plot by the Goyem.

And I don’t mean the crap that comes out of your typical TV Evangelist, TV Physic or other such moron.

Second you would have to extrapolate that out into a modern context.
    IE use the same, rules that Rabbis such as Jesus and the other Toahmadem used to interpret this stuff 2000 years ago.

I'm sure not qualified for that, and nether is anyone else here.

But here is my take on what might happen in the Oboma Presidency.
    He is definitely going to push some bad crap! And if you are white, male, or European it aint gonna be great for you.

There is also a good chance that if you are a white female, you might eventually end up submitting to some aspects of Shariah law.

Is Oboma the Messiah, or the Anti Messiah. I guess that depends on which side of this issue you are on.

Last Online
    Monday, March 8th, 2010 @ 10:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    celtic
    Country
    England England
    radical democracy
    Religion
    atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deary View Post
    If you don't wish to talk about the thread within its intended context, then you are welcome to make another thread. This is about interpreting biblical scripture regarding the antichrist and whether or not it connects to Barack Obama. This is not about the relevance of Christianity, its impact on Germanics, "Jesus freaks", and so on. There are enough places on the forum for that discussion already. I thought the title of the thread made clear enough. You don't see me poking about in the Heathenry section making snide remarks about how all of it is nonsense in the first place, so please be considerate enough not to do the same here.
    This thread is , imo , intended to utilize religious superstitions to make people mistrustful or fearfull of Obama............ that's it !!

Deary you have your profile views on religion down as being " atheist " yet you will initiate a debate involving a religious book that you obviously don't consider to be worthy of the support of your own belief system simply because it may be a useful tool in the fight to discredit Obama.

An atheist , or a consistant one at least , should never resort to demonization via divinity. In fact it is, for them, an exercise in hypocrisy.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, October 2nd, 2010 @ 12:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    This thread is , imo , intended to utilize religious superstitions to make people mistrustful or fearfull of Obama............ that's it !!

Deary you have your profile views on religion down as being " atheist " yet you will initiate a debate involving a religious book that you obviously don't consider to be worthy of the support of your own belief system simply because it may be a useful tool in the fight to discredit Obama.

An atheist , or a consistant one at least , should never resort to demonization via divinity. In fact it is, for them, an exercise in hypocrisy.
    I think you assume too much. Obama as the antichrist is an emerging topic, especially around these parts. I've even seen a couple of church signs that reference the Obama-worship going on. Since I find these type of ideas and discussions interesting, I was curious of what members of this board thought, particularly Christians, and for those with other beliefs to at least try to take this from somewhat of a hypothetical viewpoint as I don't want this thread to turn into every other one that deals with Christianity and the Bible. I am, however, not clear on where I did or said anything hypocritical. People are already plenty mistrustful and fearful of Obama and chances are they'll have their religious views regardless of whatever the heck I have to say. As far as I'm concerned, I merely posed a question.

Last Online
    Monday, April 26th, 2010 @ 05:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The thinking that obama is the antichrist is really only a knee-jerk reaction to the claim that he is the messiah, both claims being equally stupid. But there is something even more seriously screwed up with the thinking that the messiah would come down to earth with a message of "change we can believe in."

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 18th, 2016 @ 02:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Politics
    Old Stock Nativism
    Religion
    Heathen Theosophy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EQ Fighter View Post
    Well the problem is no one here, has enough ether historical knowledge or understanding I of ancient Hebrew to realistically interpret an ancient scripture in a modern context.
    It's got nothing much to do with Hebrew. The Book of Revelation, more properly called Ἀποκάλυψις Ἰωάννου (The Apocalypse of John), was (allegedly) written be a Greek fellow named John, and was written in Koine Greek.
    "Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time."
    -H.P. Lovecraft

Last Online
    Monday, April 26th, 2010 @ 05:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    Yet it doesn't make sense to me why a Christian would work toward this goal of bringing about the apocalypse, like some think is their mission, by for instance supporting Israel. As if they're not going to be punished themselves for doing so.
    Because they're not sensible and because they assume Jesus forgives, but mostly because they hate tradition in all its forms and won't stop until everyone and every nation is secular progressivist (notice how they all support democracy, equality, etc.). It has less to do with Israel and everything to do with modernism, of which there are very few who don't support modernity and so cannot be thought of as not on the side of the antichrist.

Last Online
    Monday, March 8th, 2010 @ 10:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    celtic
    Country
    England England
    radical democracy
    Religion
    atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deary View Post
    I think you assume too much. Obama as the antichrist is an emerging topic, especially around these parts.
    Call it an assumption or call it an intuition for detecting the promotion of racism

That would be the Southern US wouldn't it ?

I've even seen a couple of church signs that reference the Obama-worship going on.
    I'm sure you have. Churches are notorious for their condemnation of the worship of " false idols "................ any atheist worth their salt will know that it is a competition thing .

The Obama worship is as pitiful as the Obama demonization. ( as Exit has already pointed out ) and the people who promote it , on both sides , need to get a grip of themselves.

Since I find these type of ideas and discussions interesting, I was curious of what members of this board thought, particularly Christians, and for those with other beliefs to at least try to take this from somewhat of a hypothetical viewpoint as I don't want this thread to turn into every other one that deals with Christianity and the Bible.
    A sudden interest in what the church has to say ?..............because it concerns Obama ? Mmmmmm

And , why should this thread be treated differently than any other that concerns the beliefs of Christianity ? Is it that important that it should have preferential treatment ? If so why so ?

I am, however, not clear on where I did or said anything hypocritical. People are already plenty mistrustful and fearful of Obama and chances are they'll have their religious views regardless of whatever the heck I have to say. As far as I'm concerned, I merely posed a question.
    Well Deary this was the statement you used to start this thread up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deary

Barack Obama is constantly being presented and hailed as a Messiah, Savior and God-like figure while his religious views and motivations are equally suspicious. Present or dispute evidence that could suggest Barack Obama is the antichrist.
    Hardly an objective view , but that is not my criticism ( I don't think anyone is , or can be, objective )

The hypocrisy is in this.

"Present or dispute evidence that could suggest Barack Obama is the antichrist"

By debating whether or not Obama is the antichrist you would have to believe that there is such a thing as an antichrist in the first place. An atheist would never acknowledge such a claim as the existence of an antichrist let alone who they might be because they have chosen to not believe.

Do you think Obama is the antichrist, Deary ? I mean as an atheist ......maybe you should consider being an agnostic.

And

How is anyone supposed to be able to " dispute evidence " without questioning the prosecutions primary witness.......... the Bible ?

Seriously this thread is a joke...................subterranean brow
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast