Thread: Hello.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 07:01 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello.

Hello. My name stands for Anglo-American Essence.

I have recently embarked upon a project to ensure the survival of the Anglo-American race. I have produced a philosophical system and a survival plan outlined at my website http://aa-essence.net .

I come here for two reasons. First, to learn about European heathenism, which could be beneficial as an aspect of the culture which I am working to initiate.

Also, I would like to invite you all to my website and let you know that heathens are welcome. I often speak negatively of religion in my writings, but I am against religion only when it involves believing in the gods and myths as literal facts rather than as metaphors.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Hello It sounds interesting. I will check it out first chance I get

I also hope you find what you're looking for here :bub

Last Online
    Saturday, October 24th, 2009 @ 01:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Welcome.

I hope you enjoy your involvement here AA-Essence. You will find a wide range of heathens here ~ all truly fine folk.

There is wisdom in not worrying oneself about what others believe or don't believe about God or the Gods.

Nothing is more subjective than faith right?

Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 07:01 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koos de la Rey
    I hope you enjoy your involvement here AA-Essence. You will find a wide range of heathens here ~ all truly fine folk.

There is wisdom in not worrying oneself about what others believe or don't believe about God or the Gods.

Nothing is more subjective than faith right?
    My beliefs are not subjective, but rather the result of an analytical study of nature and philosophy – system building from fundamental assumptions.

The beliefs of others are relevant to me. For one, it is moral to enlighten those who are confused. But, perhaps more importantly, man is a social animal and powerless in isolation. I want my faith (essence) to be perpetuated by others after my death, and I want to express my faith with others rather than in isolation. I want to create a community which exists in real life - not just in fantasy or on the internet.

Isolation is not healthy. The christians have one thing which we do not - which is a community which permeates all aspects of their daily lives.

Last Online
    Thursday, April 21st, 2016 @ 09:44 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Welcome along :bub
    Improvement makes straight roads but the crooked roads without improvment are roads of genius-----
    William Blake

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jumping right in.

Quote Originally Posted by aa-essence
    My beliefs are not subjective, but rather the result of an analytical study of nature and philosophy – system building from fundamental assumptions.

The beliefs of others are relevant to me. For one, it is moral to enlighten those who are confused. But, perhaps more importantly, man is a social animal and powerless in isolation. I want my faith (essence) to be perpetuated by others after my death, and I want to express my faith with others rather than in isolation. I want to create a community which exists in real life - not just in fantasy or on the internet.

Isolation is not healthy. The christians have one thing which we do not - which is a community which permeates all aspects of their daily lives.
    Everyone's beliefs are subjective Sir. You can call them scientific all day long; they're still yours.

"it is moral to enlighten those who are confused" Which assumes that those who don't believe as you do are confused and you are a bearer of light. Think about the arrogance of that position for just a brief moment.

"I want my faith (essence) to be perpetuated by others after my death, and I want to express my faith with others rather than in isolation." As did Christ, Krishna, Mohammed, Abraham, et. al. And for you to proclaim this is grandiose to the nth degree.

"The christians have one thing which we do not - which is a community which permeates all aspects of their daily lives." As a Christian I can assure you that we do not have a "community which permeates all aspects of our lives". That's a real sweet goal, but is actually a fantasy.

Since you jumped right in, I'm all right with "cutting to the chase" so I'll be forthright an tell you that if you've come here to enlighten the heathen and/or get converts to your private religion, you're barking up the wrong tree.
    I recommend that you read, listen to, and observe the folks here; you'll learn something. I have.

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 11th, 2010 @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scot-Saxon mutt
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    Single adult
    Politics
    Jack London
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yeah bro... go have a brew and chill, man. Life's too short to worry about shit, man
    Tequila Sunrise

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That's really what I was trying to say SmokyGod. Thanks bror!

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 11th, 2010 @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scot-Saxon mutt
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    Single adult
    Politics
    Jack London
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Keystone's are $12/30, Garcia y Vega cigars are $5/4... why ANYBODY is still uptight is beyond me
    Tequila Sunrise

Last Online
    Sunday, January 4th, 2009 @ 05:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Hedmark Hedmark
    Family
    Having a longtime compani
    Occupation
    I'm a parasite, I sell stuff.
    Politics
    Man marks the Earth with ruin.
    Religion
    Nature shall prevail!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is a forum for discussion, first and foremost for European Heathenism, and that excludes the major religions such as Christianity, Judaism and Islam and involves mostly other, less known religions, such would be termed heathen by the witch-hunting christians of times past.

No matter, I, for one, would be glad if you told us about your religion and as you yourself mentioned, socializing is good. And at least that I am concerned, we should get to know each other a little better before we start indulging ourself in productive discussion.

Anyhow, I welcome you to our humble forum, and I wish you will come to enjoy it as much as the rest of us do!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast