Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What have the Moslems done for mankind?

Last Online
    Friday, September 19th, 2008 @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maccuswæl
    Strict fundamentalism, a simple minded faith in the absolute truth of their Quran, has rotted their society and crippled their brains, stunting their growth.
    I go further--fundamentalism in any faith is ruinous.

Egil, you posed your original question about the time I started reading Oren's "Power, Faith, and Fantasy"--a history of US-Middle East relations from the late 1700's to present. Looking at the development of our culture (yes, all Friends and Folk from Europe, the US has a culture ) and the lack of development of theirs, I'm impressed by how little they've achieved...and we're talking about a huge geographic area, rich in resources and, in many cases, quite well-educated. Yet, a people still quite medieval in mind-set and culture.

At any rate, my pockets are empty as far as answering your initial question.

I suppose that idiotic hotel recently built in Dubai or the palm-tree shaped island are not satisfactory?

Last Online
    Friday, April 3rd, 2009 @ 10:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway, Paternal: Massachusetts
    Subrace
    I don't know Lundman's taxonomy.
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Connecticut Connecticut
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Occupation
    Nothing (retired)
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Dubai ?

Well, I don't think so, mainly because I had in mind achievements which made life better in some way for mankind in general. Dubai's efforts to out-USA the USA doubtless make life better for a few people, but that's not exactly what I had in mind.

If you want to say that those things benefit mankind, note that they were achieved not "Islamically" but by emulating "The Great Satan". Ironical, to say the least.

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 11th, 2010 @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scot-Saxon mutt
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    Single adult
    Politics
    Jack London
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think to really analyze a civilizations effectiveness we cannot compare them directly, ie mathematics and architecture and their level of "humanity", but really look at the one thing that is, at the end of the day and when you've stripped the problem down to its root, truly important: did they win?

And of course by "win" i mean suceed at surviving. At all costs. There are tribes of Bushmen in Africa and hunter/gatherers in Brazil who've not yet been in contact with the Western world. Surely they posses no advanced and universally accepted systems of measurement, no mighty buildings, no humanitarian aid programs.... yet they've survived unscathed through the Crusades, through the Asiatic invasions, through the Cold War, through the Black Plague, through the Industrial Age... such cultures as these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentinelese i consider to have "won"

we have ever lived with our backs to the briney spray of the Northern waters... the invasions of Mongols and Huns, the modern-day incursion of "immigrants" and Muslims as allowed by the Communist Traitors running our governments... simply put we cannot, in my opinion, judge other cultures as of yet, we haven't "won", in my opinion. Sure we've endured and come out the stronger through millenia of Blood and Iron, but we have not yet conquered and secured Victory.

But of course any people who have endured the galvanizing- yet culturally treasonous- incursion of Christianity and emerge with their culture intact (indeed in a Renaissance) show true grit, true sisu, true determination to be the last man standing. I think we will win at the game of life, but until then i suggest we judge not other nations, "bad" and "good" have little application when locked in a holy struggle for cultural existance.

just my drug-induced two cents.
    Tequila Sunrise

Last Online
    Friday, April 3rd, 2009 @ 10:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway, Paternal: Massachusetts
    Subrace
    I don't know Lundman's taxonomy.
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Connecticut Connecticut
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Occupation
    Nothing (retired)
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Have the Muslims done anything for mankind ?

I don't care who's winning. My point was, have they done anything to improve the quality of human life ? Have they done ANYTHING to benefit others ?

Over a thousand years have passed since the major Muslim conquests. In the lands which they have conquered, has the quality of life of the inhabitants improved in any way whatsoever ? If so, how ?

In the past millennium, there have been great advances in medicine, in agriculture, enabling millions to eat better than ever before. In some areas, there have been great advances in human rights, such as the abolition of human slavery. In some areas, the laws are more just than before.

For which, if any, of these improvements have the Muslims been responsible ? Obviously this question is rhetorical. The answer is obvious: NOT A DAMNED ONE !

THAT is my point.

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 11th, 2010 @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scot-Saxon mutt
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    Single adult
    Politics
    Jack London
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    your point is that Muzzies suck? Well i think 9/11 and 7/7 proved that well enough. [sorry...removed instigation to violence -Blaxis] I cannot understand why we let mosques be raised on our soil. My blood pressure really f'ing rises when i see one of those Babylonian death-cultists...

ARKAN WAS RIGHT!

that needs to be on a tee shirt.
    Tequila Sunrise

Last Online
    Thursday, December 22nd, 2016 @ 07:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English
    Country
    England England
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They've contributed a bit to mathematics etc but that was when they took a break from Islam during one of its downfalls because Islam,if i remember rightly,forbids this sort of knowledge.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 01:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    The Islamic world preserved and built on Classical learning, in centres of Spain, Syria and what had been the Persian world. They also channeled Indian knowledge westwards and even Chinese wisdom, after Talas. Gorm is looking at modern Moslems instead of when these countries were at their height. Its like looking at dysfunctional Greece today and concluding ancient Greeks could never have built the Parthenon.

Anyone denying/questioning Moslem achievement is like questioning Chinese or Greek achievements. Its silly to historians and its political.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12