Thread: Most disturbing!

Last Online
    Friday, September 19th, 2008 @ 08:17 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulf
    Thus I would guess you know the answers to the questions you asked and are only trying to anger Koos.
    Nope, not trying to anger Koos at all. Trying to make sense of his position, as we are all wont to do on a forum (even at dire risk of a hell that does not exist :runaway )

The Jesuits don't offer answers so much as they demand better questions.

Koos, if you're going to defend a faith (as you are required to do by your own lights) by all means do so. Or we can declare a truce, I will accept your faith (as is perfectly compatible with mine) and you may accept mine (at your own peril of your own hell

Last Online
    Saturday, October 24th, 2009 @ 12:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edenkoben
    Nope, not trying to anger Koos at all. Trying to make sense of his position, as we are all wont to do on a forum (even at dire risk of a hell that does not exist :runaway )

The Jesuits don't offer answers so much as they demand better questions.

Koos, if you're going to defend a faith (as you are required to do by your own lights) by all means do so. Or we can declare a truce, I will accept your faith (as is perfectly compatible with mine) and you may accept mine (at your own peril of your own hell
    The Jesuits came into existence to "counter" the Reformation. Had the Roman Catholic church been secure in its praxis it would not have thought that needful (a good example of what Rome should have done can be found in Orthodoxy; we asked, then and now, "What reformation was that!?").

We Christians are not called upon (or expected to) "defend" our faith but rather to resist evil and live as much like Christ as we can.

Edenkoben, I am interested in unity within our tribe. That, I think, is most important to our survival as a people.

I don't ask you to accept my religion as ultimate truth. If I had accepted yours as true I'd be practicing it.

I don't fear (my) hell or anyone elses.

A truce implies that a conflict is in the works, but such isn't the case. I have refused and will continue to refuse to squabble over our religious differences. I'm not here to change heathen hearts, minds, & souls. I'm seeking relationship with my kinsmen, that's all.

Is that not reasonable?

Last Online
    Monday, August 21st, 2017 @ 11:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Deporting the parasites would be a hard task. You'd have to marginalize the leftist-liberals in politics and then you'd have to make your country unappealing to non-westerners. The main reason why non-westerners come to Scandinavia (and most of Europe) is because of liberal policies and the welfare system. They know that they can get a free-ride and be obnxious as they want without any resistance. Because, if you were to do something about it your own laws and policies would make a "racist".

As stated before, the problem is not just the immigrants, but the natives in power as well. It's your own countrymen lending a hand in its destruction. The situation isn't much better here in the U.S. either. We have hordes of illegal immigrants from Mexico flowing in.

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 11th, 2010 @ 03:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scot-Saxon mutt
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    Single adult
    Politics
    Jack London
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koos de la Rey
    Some of our good folk will be surprised to hear/read that I was an (unofficial) Odinist two decades before I became a Christian I used to be well versed in the Norse religion, but am now quite rusty and befogged. Since my conversion at age 30 I have developed a "theory" about the Old Gods of the Northland. It may be met with grumbles or polite chuckles, but I trust all here will accept that this theory is just my musings and should probably be grabbed by the droogs and pulled down to the deepest, coldest, darkest bottom of the most distant fjord!
    please elaborate!

and may i ask a question of you? Were you born into the Orthodox church or did you pick that belief because it made more sense than other denominations? I've always found the Byzantine church fascinating.

one day we will retake Constantinopolis o
    Tequila Sunrise

Last Online
    Friday, September 19th, 2008 @ 08:17 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koos de la Rey
    TA truce implies that a conflict is in the works, but such isn't the case. I have refused and will continue to refuse to squabble over our religious differences. I'm not here to change heathen hearts, minds, & souls. I'm seeking relationship with my kinsmen, that's all.

Is that not reasonable?
    Perfectly reasonable.

I think 'truce' is not a term to fear because conflict is nothing to fear--you and I are in conflict but not, I believe, in combat. The difference is that conflict the stuff of our liveliest discussions and also the stuff that yields self-discovery. I think the wise Gagnraad said this a bit ago: if we all agreed w/one another, it would be a tragically boring forum. Combat, of course, demands the destruction of one by another or at least the submission of one to another. That is, to my eye, not only a foolish path, but one forbidden by our BuB agreement.

I think, however, there is good and proper work to be done in discussing faith here, including why heathens (that term, btw, is preferred over 'pagan') are skittish around christians--even in the meadhall that is BuB.

As for the Jesuits, I was referring to current Ignatian pedagogy, not their historical one.

I reassert, too, that I am glad you did not ditch the forum in anger (or for any other reason) and look happily forward to ticking you off again in the near future and I hope you'll feel free to do the same for me.

Last Online
    Friday, April 27th, 2012 @ 08:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    anglo-welsh
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Family
    Married, happily
    Occupation
    History Teacher
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    Asatruer/Vanatruer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    cyfarchion

I haven't been here long but I felt that you leaving would be a loss to the forum Koos.
    I think the way you "left" showed you are an honourable man and a patient one. The way you returned showed the same.
    I have no problem with christians, only the 'church'. Similiar views about islam.
    Have you read the Uhtred series by Bernard Cornwell? I reccomend it to everyone. Lots of mutual respect between christian and heathen comrades but a healthy hatred for the organised church.

wasshael

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthor
    cyfarchion

I haven't been here long but I felt that you leaving would be a loss to the forum Koos.
    I think the way you "left" showed you are an honourable man and a patient one. The way you returned showed the same.
    I have no problem with christians, only the 'church'. Similiar views about islam.
    Have you read the Uhtred series by Bernard Cornwell? I reccomend it to everyone. Lots of mutual respect between christian and heathen comrades but a healthy hatred for the organised church.

wasshael
    I haven't read Ihtred by Cornwell but very much appreciate the recommendation and will definitely take an honest look at it. I have a growing distain for what passes as "the Church" nowadays (it's about as twisted as the early medieval RC "church" that drowned our Svensk kinsmen for refusing to "join up".)

Thanks Arthor!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 10:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    (I must add here that PappaKoos is an invaluable asset to :bub and we, the people of BuB do not allow him to go at any time )

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Axis
    (I must add here that PappaKoos is an invaluable asset to :bub and we, the people of BuB do not allow him to go at any time )

hand

What a dear lady your are!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567