Politics
    Jack London
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well i'd have to agree with you about religious Jews, Koos. Freakish Middle-Eastern death cult. Especially the Orthodox Jews, who feel the need to come up to the Adirondacks from NYC every f***ing summer to be obnoxious.

the Abrahamic faiths were the beginning of collectivism.
    Tequila Sunrise

Last Online
    Saturday, October 24th, 2009 @ 12:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thank Goodness I'm not a member of an "Abrahamic faith" [See Luke 3:7,8]

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 11th, 2010 @ 03:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scot-Saxon mutt
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    Single adult
    Politics
    Jack London
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    interesting.

yeah i never trusted the New Testament. Patched together by a council of collectivists...

i'm partial to Luke 22:36 myself
    Tequila Sunrise

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmokyGod
    interesting.

yeah i never trusted the New Testament. Patched together by a council of collectivists...

i'm partial to Luke 22:36 myself
    That's kind of the cafeteria approach isn't it Smokygod? Take what's tasty and leave what's of substance.

But hey, I'm not selling Christianity here. I personally don't care what you do or don't believe or where you go later.

Notice that I have no judgmental comments for your religion or lack of one.

Last Online
    Friday, April 3rd, 2009 @ 09:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway, Paternal: Massachusetts
    Subrace
    I don't know Lundman's taxonomy.
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Connecticut Connecticut
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Occupation
    Nothing (retired)
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The "Chosen People"

I have to admit that I find it incredible that , after the horrors of the Holocaust in which ,while six million of them were killed, the God who ostensibly "chose" them seems to have sat idly by, deaf to their prayers and entreaties, the Jews can still claim that they are the Chosen People. Chosen for what ? Annihilation ?

Israel has succeeded for two reasons: continuous "intravenous feeding" with US money, and finding the helping hand they need, not through the God who supposedly "chose" them, but at the ends of their own arms. The Israelis are a hard-working courageous people who have learned not to rely on the myth of their "chosen" status, but , rather, on themselves [and US aid].

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Country
    State
    Connecticut Connecticut
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Occupation
    Nothing (retired)
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Reply to The Smoky God

By and large, the bishops who gathered to assemble an "authoritative" version of the New testament were illiterate. This made it difficult for them to judge the merits of versions of the scriptures which they could not read

Indeed, the task proved impossible. There were many scriptures used in various Christian churches, some of the few of which they could understand [having had them read to them by a few literate colleagues] were mutually contradictory. Which were true and which were false ?

After much discussion and no progress, it was decided to leave the matter up to God. The scrolls were carefully piled on a table in a locked room and the bishops prayed that God would discard the false ones, leaving the authoritative scrolls on the table.

Upon entering the locked room the following morning, LO AND BEHOLD ! they found the floor littered with discarded scrolls and there was a neat pile of scrolls on the table. A miracle had occurred. God , Himself, had selected the scriptures to be included in the authoritative version of the New Testament !

It is astonishing that the discarded scrolls were not burned but rather retained, though excluded from the New Testament. Today, they are known as the Apocrypha.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    By and large, the bishops who gathered to assemble an "authoritative" version of the New testament were illiterate. This made it difficult for them to judge the merits of versions of the scriptures which they could not read.

Now this would be news to Athanasius, Origen, Irenaeus, and Augustine and to all the bishops who attended the Council of Carthage!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon

What could be more dangerous to our culture than men who speak and write with "authority" but yet have only a little knowledge?! What's most disconcerting to me is that you taught young folks for 20 1/2 years. God help them!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ...the horrors of the Holocaust in which ,while six million of them [Jews] were killed...

Give me a BREAK! No serious historians believe the holohoax myth any more. The only folks who buy it are those who believe everything Hollowood, CNN, and Fox News exude.

If you'd like to get informed, read [Jewish professor] Norman Finkelstein or [Jewish writers] Israel Shamir & Israel Shahak. Or if you're interested in true history check out David L. Hoggan, Robert Faurisson, or Don Heddesheimer
    (for starters).

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Country
    State
    Connecticut Connecticut
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Occupation
    Nothing (retired)
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thumbs Down My teaching career and the holocaust

I taught geology for 32 years, a field in which I have degrees, not ecclesiastical history, in which I am dependent on the accuracy of my sources and the accuracy of my memory thereof.

The source of my misinformation about the Council of Carthage is my recollection of the introduction to a 2-volume set of the Apocrypha. These volumes are currently in storage and unavailable to me, so that I can neither cite them as a reference nor check my recollection of what I read many years ago.

So, I was misinformed in a field not my own, and this invalidates my entire 32-year teaching career in a different field ? Give ME a break !

I have known Jews who survived the Holocaust and others who fled to the US to escape it, but whose families were not so fortunate and perished. I'll accept their statements over those of an author who wasn't there.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Egil Skallagrimsson
    I taught geology for 32 years, a field in which I have degrees, not ecclesiastical history, in which I am dependent on the accuracy of my sources and the accuracy of my memory thereof.

The source of my misinformation about the Council of Carthage is my recollection of the introduction to a 2-volume set of the Apocrypha. These volumes are currently in storage and unavailable to me, so that I can neither cite them as a reference nor check my recollection of what I read many years ago.

So, I was misinformed in a field not my own, and this invalidates my entire 32-year teaching career in a different field ? Give ME a break !

I have known Jews who survived the Holocaust and others who fled to the US to escape it, but whose families were not so fortunate and perished. I'll accept their statements over those of an author who wasn't there.
    My major subject was psychology in which I received a master's degree. My minor was theology with an emphasis in patristics (so understandably to discover that the early church fathers were illiterate was quite a shock).

No way does being misinformed invalidate your expertise in and contributions to your field of Geology. I regret questioning your teaching abilities; please accept my apology.

It is amazing to me how many millions of Jews survived the murderous intentions of the German people, but since you know a few who did, why not toss all historic facts out the window? And after all, if it were to be discovered that 6 million Jews did not die in the Nazi's homicidal gas chambers how would the Zionist state of Israel justify its 60 years long barbarous dispossession of the rightful inhabitants of Palestine?!

In truth, not all Jews are Zionist thugs and Talmudist fanatics, and I do feel deeply sorry for them, because when the world gets thoroughly fed-up with the thugs and haters the backlash will be general and quite ugly. I hope it never happens, but I think it's inevitable.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast