Peronista ortodoxo
    Religion
    Agnóstico
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question European Negroids? The Neolithic Negroids of Catlunya

I'm translating now the best I can the subchapter "The Neolithic Negroids of Catlunya" included in the chapter "An Attempt of a Primitive Hispanic Mithology" from the Book "Mitologías y Leyendas Europeas" ("European Mythologies and Legends") by the Spanish author Francesc Ll. Cardona. The book is in Spanish and as the title indicates, deals with myhtology, but this subchapter doesn't and I found it quite curious. Anyone with more information please post.

In the countryside surrounding Barcelona, 4000 or 5000 years ago, lived some people who didn't belong to the same race as their neighbours, the Almerienses [I didn't know how to translate this, modern Almerienses live in Almería], who were Mediterranids, of Neolithic culture as well. This folk, whose racial classification was unknown until the study made by Dr. Fuster, practiced agriculture, hunted small animals and had a cult for their dead people, who were buried in graves or small hipogeos [couldn't find equivalent as well, these were undergroundtombs from ancient Greece] digged in land and covered with slabs. The offerings found next to the body consisted in knives, pieces to make them, arrows, potery and rich necklaces with big pearls of calaíta, a rock similar to turquoise, to which they gave certain virtues beyond their beauty.
    The amazing of this ribe, who lived in the plains of Vallés, Penedés, Maresme and the plain of Barcelona itself, is its physical constitution, its race. The bones found mainly in Sant Quirze de Galliners, very near Sabadell, allows to deduce they were short people, of medium length crania, broad, short and flat face, great jaw development and accentuated subnasal prognatism, that's a prominence of the superior jaw, which in a case goes together with the inferior's.
    ¿To which modern human race are these men of the grace burial culture most alike? To the Khoisanids, the race to which belong Bushmen and Hotenttots, one of the race in which persist, like in Neolithic times, some primitive traits common to diverse prehistoric groups of Homo Sapiens.
    The curious is that Sabadell's Neolithic people and populations alike found in Egypt, the Sahara, Portugal, in the rest of Spain, France, Italy and Switzerland mainly, have been called "Negroids" although they look more like Khoisanids [I don't understand this, aren't Khoisanids negroids?]. It can't be afirmed they had blackor dark skin, but the similarities and differences between these ancient Hispanics and the rest of the inhabitants of the country to which already belonged the Mediterranean race are amazing.
    The individual or collective survival cases of ancient races practically extinguished, as it happens for example with the Cro-Magnon of the last glaciation in the Canaries, aren't rare.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    An exciting piece of information; what a shame, though, that Cumbrian/Morfrain_Encilgar isn't any longer active on the Internet, but she would have liked what she sees here. It's a discussion related to the existence of stunted, negroid populations in Neolithic Europe in general, noteworthy in Switzerland, but never fully addressed and often in literature dismissed simply as lore about cryptids based on some impressionist speculation than anthropometrics.

I'll hope to review the problem after the weekend as it is of extraordinary and complex content. For now it's suffice to say that the prehistoric history of Europe and Africa is indeed intertwined by an... In-to-and-Out-of-Africa of Caucasoids and that the major races in Africa before the Bantu expansion were Caucasoids and unreduced forebearers of Khoisanids (living throughout the continent, and as far north as the Riff Mountains and Atlas, where they're remembered in the local Berber myths).

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 @ 08:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo Saxon
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Family
    Having a longtime compani
    Politics
    red-brown-green
    Religion
    Pantheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah, I've had theories like that myself about who were the first, (or at least earliest) inhabitants of Europe.

I'm still of the Kurgan belief about the origins of Aryan invaders in Europe and India but it stands to reason that there were originally people here.

Look at all the myths, they're all full of stories about trolls, elves, gnomes etc. I think these creatures were ancient racial memories of pre-Aryan races already living here before our ancestors came over.

I think the Irish myths of the Tuathe de Danaan is an excellent source of information about the migration of different races into Europe.

Good post, btw.
    "Only through a re-integration of Humanity into the whole of Nature can our People be made stronger."

Last Online
    Thursday, August 4th, 2016 @ 05:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Son of Mars
    Ancestry
    South Tirol mainly, Italy, Northern Spain and France
    Subrace
    Subnordid + Atlantoid admix
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Peronista ortodoxo
    Religion
    Agnóstico
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I remember hearing or reading about a darker population before the Caucasian/Indo-European invasion (an issue I still must understand, please tell me where can I get simple basic info on this, sorry the off-topic). That was supposed to explain the existence of dark hair and eyes in the coldest places like Scandinavia, besides Lappoid admixture.
    I know also that Basques have a misterious origin and apparently are the most primitive Europeans, settled in Europe before any other invasion. Their language is quite different from the surrounding languages and if I'm not wrong it's nothing to do with proto-Germanic nor any other Indo-European Languages. I still remember a child song appeared in "Zalacaín the Adventurer" by Pío Baroja:
    Tellagorri, Galchagorri
    Ongui etorri onerá
    Erantzale, ostutzale
    Zu cerá

It's about a man called Tellagorri relative of the Galchagorri who liked to drink, be with women and other vices.
    Also I've heard the Basque taxonomy is different from the rest of Spain and even Europe. However, other people classify Basques as having a mix of Mediterranid and Dinaric features, but this may have come with further admixture. Can that mistery be explained with the Euro-Negroid theory? Can that be a reason for the darker skin of Southern Europeans besides more recent mestizage?
    The Dinaric traits are logical to me as I know many Basque people (descendants from Basques actually) and are quite tall and broad-shouldered in many cases.
    Lol, and I thought it was incredible that there were Nordics and Mediterranids in Morocco and Algeria!

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 29th, 2008 @ 02:09 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazorquero
    The curious is that Sabadell's Neolithic people and populations alike found in Egypt, the Sahara, Portugal, in the rest of Spain, France, Italy and Switzerland mainly, have been called "Negroids" although they look more like Khoisanids [I don't understand this, aren't Khoisanids negroids?].
    Capoid aka Khoishanid

Negroid aka Kongoid

They are Slightly different and reside in different parts of Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazorquero
    I remember hearing or reading about a darker population before the Caucasian/Indo-European invasion (an issue I still must understand, please tell me where can I get simple basic info on this, sorry the off-topic). That was supposed to explain the existence of dark hair and eyes in the coldest places like Scandinavia, besides Lappoid admixture.
    I know also that Basques have a misterious origin and apparently are the most primitive Europeans, settled in Europe before any other invasion. Their language is quite different from the surrounding languages and if I'm not wrong it's nothing to do with proto-Germanic nor any other Indo-European Languages. I still remember a child song appeared in "Zalacaín the Adventurer" by Pío Baroja:
    Tellagorri, Galchagorri
    Ongui etorri onerá
    Erantzale, ostutzale
    Zu cerá

It's about a man called Tellagorri relative of the Galchagorri who liked to drink, be with women and other vices.
    Also I've heard the Basque taxonomy is different from the rest of Spain and even Europe. However, other people classify Basques as having a mix of Mediterranid and Dinaric features, but this may have come with further admixture. Can that mistery be explained with the Euro-Negroid theory? Can that be a reason for the darker skin of Southern Europeans besides more recent mestizage?
    The Dinaric traits are logical to me as I know many Basque people (descendants from Basques actually) and are quite tall and broad-shouldered in many cases.
    Lol, and I thought it was incredible that there were Nordics and Mediterranids in Morocco and Algeria!
    Basque are most likely some non-Indo european tribe just like many others that travel the Caucacus right now (Georgians,Chechens Circassians etc). And Dinarics and such are not formed from negroid admixture. Brown eyes and brown hair don't automaticly say non-white admixture. Old Russian scripture tells of different eye colours in white race and different hair colours. However pure dark eyes and pure dark hair are however brought in by admixture and are not typicall for whites. The darker skin? It depends really I have pink skin yet if I would live all my life in hot conditions it will slowly get brown if I like it or not.

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 01:37 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Overijssel Overijssel
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Lay back down
    Politics
    Blut & Boden
    Religion
    Not sure anymore
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    European-negroid? Yeah right

I've seen no proof

Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 12:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Some people have seen certain 'negroid' traits in Epipaleolithic through Neolithic North Africans but the evidence usually is regarded dubious because the definition of a 'negroid' has shifted over time. Remember even Australians have been lumped into that same category in the past.

Back the other day I asked Maria Mirazon Lahr about the race of early Holocene Tanzanian people. She replied that African populations of the time were variable (her word) and there are no modern Negroid people in Africa at that time to her knowledge.

But given the green Sahara intervals there must've been genes moving northward as well as south. Even Catalunya isn't too far north and it has a coast so I imagine some migrations.