Subrace
    Dinarid
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: Iranians and Kurds, both are Armenoids.

Kurds

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Armenoid is mainly an Anatolian type.

I very much doubt that Kurds are predominantly Armenoid. They are on average too lanky, tall and long headed. Some have weak blondism.

They are described as Pontid by most anthropologists. Some Turkish Kurds in Eastern Turkey are more Assyroid, who are similar to Armenoid, but not as high skulled.

What is your source?

Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about Irano-Afghan? As far as I know Armenoid is Irano-Afghan+Alpinid.Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I am not sure about that connection. What I know is that North Iranians are according to B Lundman predominantly Pontid, as are Kurds, perhaps with stronger blondism. Blondism in the coastal regions of the southern coastal region of the Caspian Sea usually come with a flat occiput, and they resemble the Norid type, many times like certain Balkan populations.

Armenoid got some peculiar traits like the thick lower lip that hang down and big, open eyes that stick out a bit etc.. Those populations lack those traits and can thus not be Armenoid.

Coon (1939) also wrote that "In Asia Minor and the Irano-Afghan plateau appear forms noted for great prominence and convexity of the nasal skeleton, and lack of nasion depression. Since these features are found on individuals of varying size and proportions, as well as brachycephalic races of the same neighborhood, they seem to represent some local genetic tendency, and cannot be considered the exclusive property of a given race."

Western Caucasus (mainly among Georgians) are mtebid (basically a Dinarid form), and such characteristics are found among Kurds and North Iranians as well. So I would say Pontid, Dinarid or Norid, but Armenoid, no. Northeastern Turkey is the Armenoid nucleus. It is basically just found among Armenians (Backman and Lundman suggested that a blonder Indo-European people imposed the language and their type is nowadays rare or not to be found among them), some Central Anatolian Turks and Jews. Some also suggest that they came from the Near East to Eastern Europe (especially in Northwestern Hungary) and partially formed the Carpathid type. Lundman also got a map where one can see such an element called Litoral, as far north as Denmark and the Netherlands with amber dealers. That should only be a strain and nowhere to be found in a population.

Lundman's Afghanid (or Afghanian) is only common in Afghanistan. That type is more like the Afghan I attached in another thread (http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=10825)

Quote Originally Posted by Vojvoda
    What about Irano-Afghan? As far as I know Armenoid is Irano-Afghan+Alpinid.Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last Online
    Friday, August 11th, 2006 @ 12:18 AM
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I see very little Armenoid influences in these people (some look like Bedouins, or purer Meds). An Irano-Afghan is an Eastern Mediterannean (like Coon said about Afghans being of the Med stolk) with Armenoid influences (long skull, depressed nose, lighter pigmentation etc). Most Iranians are bracheocephalic East Mediteranneans with very dark skin and straight noses...rarely will you see an Armenoid Iranian (maybe from the northern most regions of Iran or in the city where Armenians were imported like Isfahan).

The reason your confused is because people misunderstood Coon's plate of the Van Armenian (the most South East region of the Armenian plateu) which has some traits of Assyroid and Eastern Med/Irano-Afghan from perhaps mixtures with Kurds and Assyrians.

People also tend to take the most extreme examples and label it Armenoid, I never see that happening with Nordids (extremely long and thin heads, white to white blonde hair and clear blue eyes, pink skin and a long nose that extends outward).

Everytime I see plates or pictures of Armenoids or Dinarics, they are always older or simply just OLD MEN...hypocracy and a mockery of anthropology IMO.

Last Online
    Thursday, December 8th, 2005 @ 06:48 PM
    Subrace
    Kniaz Wlad
    To eat blood of people
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And don't forget about 800 million aryans-armenoids from India!

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"Armenoid: A similar brachycephalic composite type, with the same head form as the Dinaric, but a larger face and nose. The pigmentation is almost entirely brunet, the pilous development of beard and body abundant, the nose high rooted, convex, and the tip depressed, especially in advanced age. The difference between the Armenoid and the Dinaric is that here it is the Irano-Afghan race which furnishes the Mediterranean element, brachycephalized by Alpine mixture."
    [source]

Everytime I see plates or pictures of Armenoids or Dinarics, they are always older or simply just OLD MEN...hypocracy and a mockery of anthropology IMO.
    Maybe they pick older men because, according to the information provided above, the nose is especially depressed in advanced age - perhaps that's what they want to capture
    Last edited by Siegfried; Tuesday, May 4th, 2004 at 08:55 AM.

Last Online
    Thursday, June 29th, 2006 @ 07:07 PM
    Subrace
    Irano-Afghan/Corded
    Politics
    Pan-Aryan
    Religion
    Zoroastrian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By the way Kurds are Iranians. So it make NO sence to say:
    Iranians and Kurds, both are Armenoids.
    Because Kurds are Iranians as Persians, Pathans, Gilanis/Mazandaraniz, Lors, Ossetians, Baloches are Iranians.
    All Iranians have one racial base type.
    Some of them mixed with other races.
    But you can classify all as Iranid from 2 miles!

The pictures are not so good example.

Bedroud!

Last Online
    Friday, August 11th, 2006 @ 12:18 AM
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shapur
    By the way Kurds are Iranians. So it make NO sence to say:
    Iranians and Kurds, both are Armenoids.
    Because Kurds are Iranians as Persians, Pathans, Gilanis/Mazandaraniz, Lors, Ossetians, Baloches are Iranians.
    All Iranians have one racial base type.
    Some of them mixed with other races.
    But you can classify all as Iranid from 2 miles!

The pictures are not so good example.

Bedroud!
    You couldn't be more wrong. That is if to say a Serb is a Ukrainian, because the Slavs came from Ukraine. The IE language has many branches are many cluster closely together. A man from Ossetia will never understand a man from Iran and visa versa. "Iranian" is a modern day word used for Persia and the Persians, post Islamization. Kurds are a seperate groups (who have been seperate for many thoulsands of years) who speak an IE language that originated in Media (that same language then spread south into modern day Iran where the majority of the speakers where decendants of the Semetic Essam peoples). Baluchis are something entirely different, and Pathans are as well.

The Kurdish people have lived in the region bordering Anatolia for quite some time and are much lighter than many Iranians, and have more Armenoid features amongst them (those in the north). The majority of modern day Iran is Orientalid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast