Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Combat Conditioning

Berliners Remember

Re: Combat Conditioning

I will try n' check it out soon. I can probly find it on soulseek as well.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 @ 08:55 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AW: Combat Conditioning

Can't find it on bearshare.

May you can upload it to rapidshare.de or megaupload.com or something like that?

(Sorry for my bad english :/ )

Last Online
    Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 @ 07:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: AW: Combat Conditioning

One thing that is missing in combat conditioning is conditioning your striking areas. Every see an unconditioned kickboxer kick someone without conditioning their shins. I would recommend to condition your bones every other week. Gradually your bones will get harder.

My bones are very hard to the extent that I have broken a guys teeth with just a jab and crushed his ribs with a body blow. I have also received punishment (bodyslamed) where others might have been knocked out unconscious, I was able to endure the punishment and continue the melee.

What breaks is the weakest link. If your bones are harder then the target, then your target breaks and you don't.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: AW: Combat Conditioning

Your bones are soft, even if you drink all the milk you need. But fighting is about the ability to inflict punishment and the ability to sustain it.

So, to harden bones, you take a hard object. I have used a 5 pound plate (free weight) or a 5 pound rock. I tap my bones lightly so that there is barely any pain. It should be relatively pain free. You slightly break down the bone, but light a muscle after you lift weights:

You body/mind will send a signal to the bones to make them stronger to endure future punishment. You have to make sure that you give ample time for recovery. Use the instinctive principle of recovery. Every other week or once a month will gradually increase your bone density.

I have fought quality fighters who could throw down like Vanderei Silva but did not have the power or the bone density to do damage, whereas it takes me one or two strikes to inflict damage because of power generation and density of weapon.

I tap every bone in my body. Feet, shins, legs, knuckles, arms, rib cage, face. Making your face hard is important as well as having a strong neck which prevents your brain from hitting your skull resulting in a KO, to sustain damage.

When I workout, I hit heavy bags, soft or small trees.
    I crushed one knuckle by striking a tree with too much velocity (I normally use 30 percent velocity on punches, but out of zeal (I video taped it) I used around 50 percent).

Keeps your Whites Whiter.
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    SkandoNordid/Nordicised Faelid
    Pan-Germanic MeritAristocracy
    Religion
    Heiđinn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Airmanareiks is refering to what in the Martial Arts is known as "Hard Body Training".

Here is an informative video:

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/..._Body_Training

@Dr. Solar Wolff:

The above video is obviously an extreme example; however, it wouldn't be a good idea for you to start this in any form at 59 years of age. You would better serve to build bone density by moderate impact training (e.g. jogging), via diet, and - with respect - you ought not be hitting anything harder than a 100 lb. heavy bag (which, when struck, actually simulates the trunk/centre of gravity of a 325 lb. man).

Hard Body Training, to be really effective, needs to start in the mid to late teens/early twenties - when the body is reaching its 'natural' bone density maximum.

It is just a really bad idea for anyone over 30-35 years of age to begin this type of training.
    "...The moral man is a lower species than the immoral, a weaker species; indeed - he is a type in regard to morality, but not a type in himself; a copy...the measure of his value lies outside him. ... I assess the power of a will by how much resistance, pain, torture it endures and knows how to turn to its advantage; I do not account the evil and painful character of existence a reproach to it, but hope rather that it will one day be more evil and painful than hitherto..." (Nietzsche)

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Try sleeping on the ground. Gravity does wonders for your bone density. People are literally soft due to sleeping on the softest beds

Quote Originally Posted by SuuT View Post
    Airmanareiks is refering to what in the Martial Arts is known as "Hard Body Training".

Here is an informative video:

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/..._Body_Training

@Dr. Solar Wolff:

The above video is obviously an extreme example; however, it wouldn't be a good idea for you to start this in any form at 59 years of age. You would better serve to build bone density by moderate impact training (e.g. jogging), via diet, and - with respect - you ought not be hitting anything harder than a 100 lb. heavy bag (which, when struck, actually simulates the trunk/centre of gravity of a 325 lb. man).

Hard Body Training, to be really effective, needs to start in the mid to late teens/early twenties - when the body is reaching its 'natural' bone density maximum.

It is just a really bad idea for anyone over 30-35 years of age to begin this type of training.

Oh no, SuuT, I am not going to do this myself. I am only interested in bone density as a facet of anthro. study and as thing to be desired in one's own body. But I am not going to do impact training beyond a heavy bag. Jogging is not good for my back. Sprinting uphill is better. Maximum natural bone density is reached in the teens/early twenties. The idea of sleeping on a hard surface is interesting but it seems to me gravity would be the same nomatter what the surface. For most people, walking is the best way to increase bone density in the feet, legs, hips, back--letting gravity do the job. The arms can benefit from some specialized training such as hitting the bag. The hard body training is interesting and makes sense but is there any evidence that it really does increase bone density?

There is a rumor which I will mention as simply a rumor. The US Army trains paratroopers by having them jump out of an aircraft parked on the tarmac. They jump down maybe six feet or so, hit the ground, roll, get back up and re-enter the aircraft and do the same thing. They also do alot of free-hand squats. But, the rumor is that someone wanted to make real universal soldiers and came up with a plan. It was to hypnotize the troops, telling them they were just doing their normal jumps out of the aircraft onto the tarmac but they first slowly rolled the aircraft down the runway. Then they increased speed over a period of time. Then they actually flew the aircraft low and slow and the hypnotized soldiers jumped out and were just fine. This apparently became a mind over body thing and the aircraft or helicopter was flown from increasing heights--20 ft. or so and increasing speed until the Army thought it might be possible to insert soldiers onto a battle field in this way, without a parachute. I have no source, this was just a rumor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast