red-brown-green
    Religion
    Pantheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

'Children of Men' [Movie Review]

I've just seen this film and must say what an utter waste of £3.99 it was from Blockbusters.

Sure it seemed to tick a few mental boxes, it's set in the near future so it's kindda sci-fi, it's sort of action based and also there wasn't that much else on offer.

So anyway, I get the DVD.

It's set 20 years in the future and the fertility rate of Humanity has stopped.

Babies die and women become infertile, the world as we know it's gone to hell.

Anyway, without boring you too much with the tedious details, suffice it to say that part of the central plot is this group of lefty anarchists that want Britian to accept all illegal immigrants and stop them being put into camps.

Frankly, this bunch of anarchists seem like the most asinine bunch of fascists anyone could ever wish to meet. Totally rutheless and amoral, no concern with the moral character of the Brits, just of the foreigners.

Anyway, half of the time the film's barking on about how illegal immigrants should have as much equal rights as Brits, (yeah, that's logical... about as logical as to say that a burglar that enters my house illegally has as much right to any of my property even though I've worked hard for it... :eek ) yet thge other time when we actually go into these camps you see them almost as stereotypical cartoons, the stupid African, the theiving gypsy, the begging Jew or the agressive Muslim.

I must admit that when I saw a horde of armed illegal immigrants rampaging through a British city, I began to realise how much of a Nazi I could easily become. :O

yet, although the film reeked of this 'hug an asylum seeker' attitude I must admit that is this fiction, is it a fantasy to assume that given half a chance, asylum seekers would turn on us with guns and turn our once glorious cities and town into the same shit hole shantty towns they ran away from?

I'm trying not so sound like a mad man infested with HATE, I'd like to think I'm a realist asserting himself with SURVIVAL!
    "Only through a re-integration of Humanity into the whole of Nature can our People be made stronger."

Last Online
    Thursday, December 10th, 2009 @ 07:34 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I saw Children of Men a few weeks ago. I was entertained because I usually enjoy apocalyptic movies. The film did sort of take the nauseating immigrant=good/nationalist=bad cliche. But to be fair the anarchists were portrayed as they usually are in real life: murderous, hateful, and more concerned about the propaganda value of the child than the child itself. It wasn't nearly as bad as "V for Vendetta", that movie was a total pooch.

Trailer

Last Online
    Saturday, April 18th, 2009 @ 11:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought the movie was awesome! ....thats all. lol

hearthtender
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, July 31st, 2010 @ 07:14 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Irish
    Ancestry
    Swedish Irish ?English?
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    Classical liberal
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

It seems like an interesting but overwrought movie to me. I got a kind of 12 Monkeys feel from the trailer. I liked V for Vendetta quite a bit.

How do they know it is the women who are infertile not the men? Medically speaking it is both genetically and environmentally easier for men to be infertile. Men just have a better chance of having infertility corrected. This is just a pet peeve of mine. I hear people ask a women why/how she has not had children quite publicly and rudely more than men.

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 @ 08:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo Saxon
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Family
    Having a longtime compani
    Politics
    red-brown-green
    Religion
    Pantheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Yeah, know what you're saying. I got that vibe too that it was the evil white population that were oppressing the poor immigrants. :

It was watchable but the ending was a bit... yeah, and???

I waited for V for Vendetta to come out on DVD, I have to admit that was a bit of a let down too.

LB, sorry I'm not sure if it was women that were infertile now you mention it but women kept on having miscarriages so I don't know if that's connected to it.
    "Only through a re-integration of Humanity into the whole of Nature can our People be made stronger."