Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nightmares? Bad Dreams, or Recurring Dreams ?

Last Online
    Sunday, January 4th, 2009 @ 05:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Hedmark Hedmark
    Family
    Having a longtime compani
    Occupation
    I'm a parasite, I sell stuff.
    Politics
    Man marks the Earth with ruin.
    Religion
    Nature shall prevail!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pørdy Mountain
    Now, that was one of my specific dreams, my non-specific nightmares are actually far apart, but when they come, they really freak me out. When I was younger I always dreamt about a wolf-like creature chasing me all over a huge field, and I could actually feel the exhaustion of running in my legs next morning. But, no matter how fast I ran, it just felt like I was dragging my feets in slow-motion. Frustrating as hell. Other times, however, I wake up and feel kind of impressed with my own mind, impressed that I am able to make up a horror-scenario that surely would earn me millions of dollars had I sold them to Hollywood.
    I know exactly what you speak about, Sis! When I was some years younger, I dreamt about walking around the forest near the farm of our grandparents(Jao, farfar å farmor) and suddenly this (I know only the latin and Norwegian name of this animal, latin name is: Lynx lynx, and Norwegian name is: Gaupe) comes up from nowhere and start chasing me around the forest untill I reach the (Former) cornfield... When I get there this animal finally gets me and start eating my legs and when it eventually decideds to get to the kill(Which means, biting my damn throat off) I wake up.

But the weird thing is that I have never seen one of these animals before, I have only heard the name and didn't know how they looked, at that time, I thought they were like deer or something, but after the first time I had that dream, I knew what Gaupe was...

And I also had my share of weird dreams, I assure ye all

Last Online
    Sunday, November 11th, 2007 @ 11:53 PM
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid? + East-Baltid?
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Occupation
    Historical Costumer
    Politics
    NS leanings
    Religion
    Folkish Norse Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Interesting, a Lynx has been one of my guide animals, used to come to me in my journies.

Sometimes my bad dreams reflect stresses in my life and I can make some twisted sense of them but sometimes my dreams are just impossibly long epic sifi/suspense/spy kind of dreams. Trying to catch the plane (?) that travels to the other side of the planet -it can't take off, almost runs into things when it does, rescuing/evading people, changing sides/characters/genders etc, transported tho whole other story lines as if a continuation, Jumping/falling from skyskrapers, catching vehicles, verring along precipices, driving over flooded causeways, running through strange cities, It's like 5 different intense movies overlaping back to back, rarely is there a reference in them that I can atribute to an actual movie or place I've been. Exhausting actually. I used to try and remember my dreams but that just clogged up my waking mind and I let my dreams go, let them flush out the stresses of the day so that I don't have to keep them with me. If it is a dream that is meant to tell me something then I put out the intention that it should let me know and then I listen but the rest is just garbage. Unless they manage to record dreams like "untill the end of the world" and then I can make big bucks with movie ideas
    Wake, Jotun, wake! Shake, Jotun, shake! Burn and blow, rain and snow! Wake, Jotun, wake!

Omnia in bonum
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    My dreams usually involve water, and over the years I have recurring dreams of standing onshore watching a tidal wave or tsunami approach. I had this dream again last night, and while disconcerting to some degree, I believe the dream resurfaced because of some very significant changes in my life, both external and internal.
    Let us not desire delights, daughters; we are well-off here; the bad inn lasts for only a night.
    -St. Teresa of Avila

Last Online
    6 Days Ago @ 07:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,109 Posts
    I rarely have bad dreams (but I did experience some kind of "sleep paralysis" once, which I considered a genuine paranormal event, not a nightmare) and the few times I did have them they involved a poltergeist - only one of these dreams was actually kinda scary at the time. It's difficult to get all worked up over something bad happening in a dream for me, the intensity of emotions I experience is low - even when I saw my dad and brother falling down a ladder in a dream a few months ago it merely just upset me, but not quite like it would in real life - I woke up after that particular episode as I descended the ladder to check on them. I sometimes do have dreams featuring me falling down myself while being seated or standing atop a way too high, small and unstable platform, but I wake up as soon as I lose my balance and start to fall.

I haven't had a dream in which I levitated or flew in a while - usually I don't make it very high, just three feet above the ground at most, but there are exceptions - such dreams are always pure bliss. I do take a lot of super jumps in my dreams: that's to say, I move like a frog or perhaps a panther or even a monkey, using all my limbs to "run", and with every step/jump I progress 2 or 3 meters. It enables me to move super fast in my dreams when I have to.

I've been having three reoccuring dreams throughout the last 15 years, but curiously, never before then.

They always go like this and I have a least one of every type of these dreams every week:

I'm in high school again - but the school buildings and location are much nicer, more movie-like, yet I don't recognise the people there at all nor do I interact much with them, it's just me walking around the hallways or the schoolyard or sitting on a chair in a classroom amongst students, often thinking "what am I still doing here? Why hasn't school ended for me yet? How long is this going to take, I was already bored out of my mind with school 20 years ago." But the penny never drops. It can be a little frustrating, but when I'm not in a classroom - something I really hated - those dreams are fine.

For the second type of dream: I'm on holidays somewhere, often Amsterdam, but it could be anywhere, really, sometimes I find myself in Alpine country - the locations are always pretty magical and super cosy, although still perfectly realistic - they're the way I'd want them to be IRL too, like something straight out of a movie, and giving me that "movie feel". I'm having a good time, but I soon find myself wondering whether I have enough money on me to stay one or more nights in the hotel room or holiday house - and it worries me quite a bit. I want to stay because I feel perfectly at peace in the location where I'm at, but I'm not sure if I can. That type of dream always ends before I actually check out and need to pay the bill or even before I begin to count the money I carry in my wallet. Lucky me.

The third type of dream, also very common, is about me having to board an airplane or international train while I have an illegal substance on me and I know there's a huge chance I will get caught - something I want to avoid hence I want to get rid off the thing I have on me - somehow I'm always with others, either with family members or fellow students (out on a school trip). This type of dream also always ends before I have to make a final decision about what to do next or how to dispose of the illegal substance.
    "If we were going to stand in darkness, best we stand in a darkness we had made ourselves.” ― Douglas Coupland, Shampoo Planet

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Omnia in bonum
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    I sometimes do have dreams featuring me falling down myself while being seated or standing atop a way too high, small and unstable platform, but I wake up as soon as I lose my balance and start to fall.
    Ah, I was going to mention falling dreams. I have those relatively frequently, and I often experience hypnic jerks before drifting into a deeper sleep, too. Weird sensation, but apparently perfectly normal.

I haven't had a dream in which I levitated or flew in a while - usually I don't make it very high, just three feet above the ground at most, but there are exceptions - but such dreams are always pure bliss.
    I tend to have flying dreams very frequently, so frequently that they almost fail to register with me. They are usually very pleasant, except in certain cases where some sinister forces are trying to drag me back down to the ground. In those cases, I struggle to levitate higher to get out of their reach.

I do take a lot of super jumps in my dreams: that's to say, I move like a frog or perhaps a panther or even a monkey, using all my limbs to "run", and with every step/jump I progress 2 or 3 meters. It enables me to move super fast in my dreams when I have to.
    Those dreams in which my body is not subject to any law of nature (subtlety) and where I possess unlimited agility are a always a pleasure for me.
    Let us not desire delights, daughters; we are well-off here; the bad inn lasts for only a night.
    -St. Teresa of Avila

Wild Cat
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/German American
    Ancestry
    England and Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Cancer
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    I work at home.
    Politics
    Not a Republicrat.
    Religion
    Nondenominational Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    905 Posts
    I often have graphic nightmares. Some of which are repetitive.

Being held captive and slowly eviscerated while alive and fully cognizant is one of them.
    Aside from an ever increasing number of mortals who have willfully chosen to worship Satan and his minions, our battle has always been against the powers and principalities operating surreptitiously throughout this twisted world.

Last Online
    Sunday, September 29th, 2019 @ 09:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic New World - South African
    Ancestry
    German, Dutch, Belgian, French, English, Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Nightmares are usually fears that a person has not yet addressed.

Last Online
    8 Hours Ago @ 09:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Politics
    Tradition, Monarchy, Nationalism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts
    I used to have a reucurring dream that I was suffocating, usually because I was unable to move my body while my head was in my pillow, within the dream. Since moving house, I haven't had the dream in a while.

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 10th, 2019 @ 04:19 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Gelderland
    Subrace
    Borreby/Dalofaelid/Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Gelderland Gelderland
    Married parent
    Politics
    Volks
    Religion
    Odalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Dreams are not as special as you might think.
    It's only your own imagination to think something of it.

When you go to sleep, your brain sets in a 'rest-modus', however it doesn't stop from producing thoughts. And it are those thoughts which will form the dream.
    ''Ginds de Waal, daar weer de IJssel, dan de Maas en ook de Rijn. Geeft ons recht om heel ons leven trots op Gelderland te zijn.''

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12