View Poll Results: How do you treat christian church?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • I hate this organisation!

51 36.69%
  • I treat it neutrally

68 48.92%
  • I treat it kindly

20 14.39%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Relationship With the Christian Church?

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 09:34 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts
    Anyway, even though I personally see little use in this topic except childish Christian-battering, I am willing to leave it open in my good faith that we are adults who will keep this thread on an intellectual basis. If there is going to be any bickering or igniting hate, I will close it down; negativity is not what Odinism is about.

Thought I would just make this clear to the participants in the discussion. No one has done anything wrong, but from experience (one I once started myself on Odinist.com included ) these kinds of topics tend to turn very ugly soon after they start; so a little reminder to keep it civil and intellectual might not hurt.

Finally, I have moved this topic from Norse/Germanic Heathendom to general Resurgent Atavism, because it is not a question exclusive to those who follow the Northern faith, and also merged it with the "Pagans and Christians" thread as they appear to be reasonably the same and can be dealt with on joint basis.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 @ 01:11 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I dislike the Church as an institution but take individual Christians one at a time. I know that the basic teachings of Jesus Christ have nothing to do with persecuting people of other religions. If they respect me, I'll respect them.
    Snorri Þórfinnsson

Last Online
    Sunday, January 4th, 2009 @ 04:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Hedmark Hedmark
    Family
    Having a longtime compani
    Occupation
    I'm a parasite, I sell stuff.
    Politics
    Man marks the Earth with ruin.
    Religion
    Nature shall prevail!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    My stepfather is a Catholic Christian, and he support me, and even participate in debates on why the church are evil or/and useless. I hate the church, and so does he. It feels so good with some extra support.

Anyways, I don't go around burning them down, nor do I threaten, or even talk to Christians. They are people, most of them don't even know what the church has done to pretty much everyone ages ago. They are just normal, sheep-headed people.
    Besides: If you don't have anything good to say about a person, don't say it.
    If we removed Christianity from the face of the Earth, along with Judaism, I am sure that our struggle with Islam will come to an end faster. For better or worse.

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 22nd, 2009 @ 07:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    State
    Mercia Mercia
    Family
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I did go through a rather angry phase in my attitude towards the Church, in my late teens, early twenties upon starting to read up on native european religions, starting with Brian Branstons the Lost Gods of England.

Now I have little thought for it, I know it is a ridiculous religion, in that it's adherants seem to take it all at face value, it is universalist and that desire to want to make everyone the same is I feel at the root of much of what is wrong in the West. Sure society is very secular but much about Christianity still infects the Western soul.

I think Christianity is in decline, but where it is on the increase appears to be amongst more fundamentalist Christian groups and this is due in some part to immigration. I notice such Churches tend to have large black congregations for example, but these in themselves are still comparitively small.

Islam is a far bigger concern I think.

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 01:37 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Overijssel Overijssel
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Lay back down
    Politics
    Blut & Boden
    Religion
    Not sure anymore
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Bashing on Christians for things happend a 1000 years ago is pointless. Islam is a fastgrowing non-white religion which threatens our existence, as Europeans, as whites, regardless if one is Christian, atheist or a pagan. Islam at this point is far most our enemy which should be our concern to get them out.

Last Online
    Friday, April 3rd, 2009 @ 09:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway, Paternal: Massachusetts
    Subrace
    I don't know Lundman's taxonomy.
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Connecticut Connecticut
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Occupation
    Nothing (retired)
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

At last !

Finally, the message I've been hammering at for so many years seems to be getting across: Islam is the enemy of all other religions and all other cultures.

Last Online
    Saturday, May 24th, 2008 @ 12:44 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As the person above me said Islam is worse, but for me the church have been violent in two ways, as a 75% Finnish the Christianity is a bloody history. First it has destroyed so much of the pagan/ heathen culture in both Sweden and Finland but Sweden was concurred in a less violent way then Finland. When the former Swedish king Erik decided that Finland should be Christian they fought against and he begun a crusade against the Finns. :
    I don’t need to say that many many proud people died before they had to surrender under the Christianity.

Christianity is for me a religion who makes the strong weak and the weak powerful. It means for me that they turn the natural laws up side down. It’s always a religion who fools people to think different old Pagan believes are new and Christian believes. But they have been steeling from the people...

I se Islam and Christianity as two sides of the same coin, it’s either ore nothing... hopefully it some day will be nothing because I really wish to throw the coin away.

Islam is an enemy that is strong and with the Christianity to lead us we have no chance. As The mentality we got today have been feed by this religion. But if I had to choose I would choose Christianity as it is easier to throw away. Islam would not accept any one outside it believes.

Thats my opinion.

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 22nd, 2009 @ 07:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    State
    Mercia Mercia
    Family
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Egil Skallagrimsson
    Finally, the message I've been hammering at for so many years seems to be getting across: Islam is the enemy of all other religions and all other cultures.
    In the Islamic calendar they are in the 1400's. If we look at Christianity in the 1400's in the gregorian calendar then I think we can see some parrallels.

But yes the threat of islam should be apparent to all by now!

Last Online
    Friday, April 27th, 2012 @ 08:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    anglo-welsh
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Family
    Married, happily
    Occupation
    History Teacher
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    Asatruer/Vanatruer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

My mum

cyfarchion

My mum is a christian and a more decent person you couldn't hope to meet. She knows where I am coming from and either hopes I will be 'saved' one day or is happy that I feel at home. She has not once tried to make me believe in what she does except for when I was really little. She clearly feels that by now, I have seen enough and been to enough places to make up my own mind.
    The CofE is losing punters to the RC side because they (CofE) is abandoning their traditional values to embrace the 21st century by actively encouraging homosexuals and women priests. If their rules are ok to be cast aside at the first sign of falling numbers then what kind of rules were they?? The point about them being islamophile is correct. They obviously seem to be after some kind of coalition and if there are any bishops in the house of lords in a few years then there will definitely be imams (???).
    They could, I suppose be seen as the last bastion against islam but the way they are acting by sucking up then I can't see any end result apart from a christo/muslim church here and if the CofE think its them that will be running it then they are deluding themselves. Look at the dutch priest who said that christians are ok to call their god, allah. Says it all really.
    The christians tricked and conned their way to the kings ear (grymer wormtongue or what) of whatever country was next on their list. They are still there and letting the muslims do the same.
    I teach History and had some input on our school curriculum. I have inserted a small section entitled "The Christian Genocide" and will be making sure that millions of deaths down the centuries is similiar to the genocide perpetrated by the Nazis but carried out in stealth

wasshael

Last Online
    Saturday, October 24th, 2009 @ 12:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthor
    cyfarchion

My mum is a christian and a more decent person you couldn't hope to meet. She knows where I am coming from and either hopes I will be 'saved' one day or is happy that I feel at home. She has not once tried to make me believe in what she does except for when I was really little. She clearly feels that by now, I have seen enough and been to enough places to make up my own mind.
    The CofE is losing punters to the RC side because they (CofE) is abandoning their traditional values to embrace the 21st century by actively encouraging homosexuals and women priests. If their rules are ok to be cast aside at the first sign of falling numbers then what kind of rules were they?? The point about them being islamophile is correct. They obviously seem to be after some kind of coalition and if there are any bishops in the house of lords in a few years then there will definitely be imams (???).
    They could, I suppose be seen as the last bastion against islam but the way they are acting by sucking up then I can't see any end result apart from a christo/muslim church here and if the CofE think its them that will be running it then they are deluding themselves. Look at the dutch priest who said that christians are ok to call their god, allah. Says it all really.
    The christians tricked and conned their way to the kings ear (grymer wormtongue or what) of whatever country was next on their list. They are still there and letting the muslims do the same.
    I teach History and had some input on our school curriculum. I have inserted a small section entitled "The Christian Genocide" and will be making sure that millions of deaths down the centuries is similiar to the genocide perpetrated by the Nazis but carried out in stealth

wasshael
    A more well reasoned and insightful post on the matter I haven't heretofore read. Thank you Arthor! The day Christendom becomes "christo/muslim" will be the day I join you all, my Heathen friends, in lifting a stein to Odin, Thor, Freya, and the rest of the Norse pantheon!

Skål ! (just practicing )
    Koos

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast