View Poll Results: Proud of the mixture of proud of being

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am mixed and I like it!

39 22.81%
  • I am mixed, but I would prefer I'd belong to only one nation.

37 21.64%
  • I am e.g. a full Dutchman, but I would also enjoy having ancestors from different countries.

11 6.43%
  • I am e.g. a "pure Norwegian" and I can't imagine something else could be better.

44 25.73%
  • Both has advantages and disadvantages

27 15.79%
  • I don't know.

13 7.60%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Proud of the Mixture or Proud of Being "Pure"?

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Volga German
    Ancestry
    German communities in Russia
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Russia German Community Russia German Community
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    I'm glad my ancestors stayed true to their roots and didn't mix with Slavs. I think being homogeneous has more advantages than being heavily mixed. I'm not only talking about race but about ethnicity and culture too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolgadeutscher For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 @ 05:47 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Norman, Norwegian, Danish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Massachusetts Massachusetts
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Bouncer
    Politics
    Ethnonationalism
    Religion
    Folkish Odinism/Wotanism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This is and always will be a controversial subject. I think what many people are forgetting is that nationality does not equal race. I believe indo-europeans have been mixing with each other for a long time so I really don't see the relevance to the original question. I will give a few examples: The people of Ireland are a mixture of Gaelic, Anglo-Saxon, Viking, Anglo-Norman etc. The English are a mixture of Anglo-Saxon, Brythonic Celtic, Anglo-Norman, Viking etc. The Scottish are a mixture of Gaelic Celtic, Pictish, Anglo-Saxon, Anglo-Norman, Flemish, Viking etc. The French are a mixture of Ligurian, Roman, Gaulish, Norman Viking etc. It's the same in just about every country in Europe. Of course as individuals everyone is going to have a different percentage of each thing judging by who their ancestors mated with. I am somewhat satisfied with using the "umbrella terms" myself (although these are probably based more on language and region more than anything) therefore I call myself simply Germanic. Although not perfect, a simple DNA test is probably the most accurate way to determine race, although I also believe skull shape, physical structure etc. is also pretty accurate, albeit controversial in itself. I think it will be increasingly tougher to determine these things as time goes on because of immigration which leads to race mixing with non indo-european peoples etc.

Last Online
    Friday, March 30th, 2018 @ 11:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gothic
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia, Britain
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Axewolf View Post
    This is and always will be a controversial subject. I think what many people are forgetting is that nationality does not equal race. I believe indo-europeans have been mixing with each other for a long time so I really don't see the relevance to the original question. I will give a few examples: The people of Ireland are a mixture of Gaelic, Anglo-Saxon, Viking, Anglo-Norman etc. The English are a mixture of Anglo-Saxon, Brythonic Celtic, Anglo-Norman, Viking etc. The Scottish are a mixture of Gaelic Celtic, Pictish, Anglo-Saxon, Anglo-Norman, Flemish, Viking etc. The French are a mixture of Ligurian, Roman, Gaulish, Norman Viking etc. It's the same in just about every country in Europe. Of course as individuals everyone is going to have a different percentage of each thing judging by who their ancestors mated with. I am somewhat satisfied with using the "umbrella terms" myself (although these are probably based more on language and region more than anything) therefore I call myself simply Germanic. Although not perfect, a simple DNA test is probably the most accurate way to determine race, although I also believe skull shape, physical structure etc. is also pretty accurate, albeit controversial in itself. I think it will be increasingly tougher to determine these things as time goes on because of immigration which leads to race mixing with non indo-european peoples etc.
    Sure there has been mixing, but I think you are exaggarating somewhat. We do not know precisely what the modern populations of countries like England, Ireland and others are made up of. The Norman influence in these countries is probably almost non-existant, and the others are small as well. I'm not sure how much Viking DNA there is in countries like Ireland. remember that multiculturalists often like to say all countries are already mixed, so take what you read in newspapers with a grain of salt.

Also, a country can have different ethnicites, but that doesn't mean the population is all mixed. Like in England, you may have more "Celts" in Cornwall, and "Vikings" in York, but these places are in totally different areas of the country. Just like we have Sami in northern Sweden, but that doesn't mean every Swede is half-Sami.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 13th, 2011 @ 07:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Germany, Wales, England, Ireland, Switzerland
    Country
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Grandparent
    Occupation
    retired
    Politics
    conservitive
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I am that rare mix of both Anglo and Saxon.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to grover For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Tuesday, June 1st, 2021 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    German-American and proud
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    I'm mostly German descent, but I love and take pride in my Swedish, French Huguenot, and Scottish ancestors equally as I would love and take pride in my German ancestors.

I would say I'm about somewhere in the high 90s percentage of being Anglosaxon racially.

But, whether you're German, Swedish, French, Scottish, Dutch, Polish...what have you...I think it is important that we all belong to one race and are all kinsmen -- the Germanic Race.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I don't believe there is a valid answer to the poll question if your ethnicity is by definition a recombination of older ethnic groups. There is little difference between an Afrikaner who is representative of the old, average ancestral mixture and one who has a European-born ancestor in living memory, and being "pure Boer" is a valid sentiment for both cases. One still belongs to a solid, mono-ethnic group.

Being f.ex. "half-Afrikaner, half-Dutch" would be a nonsensical label, except perhaps if you grew up constantly moving between the regions as well as having parents from both, and haven't managed to assimilate into either entity.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stormraaf For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:19 AM
    Status
    Brief Absence
    Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Atlantid-Keltic Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Schaumburg-Lippe Schaumburg-Lippe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Please close this thread. It's unbearable because it's so idiotic. People who need a crutch for their self-esteem and look for it in such an artificial thing like a nation. Get real.

You can be "proud" at the most in what you achieved yourself, not in what your ancestors have been in the past. Everything else is a ridiculous surrogate.

Last Online
    Saturday, April 8th, 2017 @ 09:27 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Single adult
    Politics
    Moderate
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I chose "I am mixed, but I would prefer I'd belong to only one nation. ". The only people who arent of Scottish descent is my grandmum whom we believe was from a Prussian family.

Last Online
    Monday, January 3rd, 2011 @ 04:06 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German descent American
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid/Dinario-AtlantoMed
    Country
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Im fully German as far as I know, but I would obviously have non-German European admixture as I am a new-worlder. Nevertheless, 100% proud to be Euro. I dont think us, Europeans, as a bulk can afford to look down upon people who hail from different ethno-linguistic background within Europe itself. I would rather marry a Slavic or a Mediterranean female any day over a non-European female.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 14th, 2021 @ 05:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nordish Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    As long as the mixture is from other Germanic tribes I think it should be nothing of real concern, although it is better to be pure and I say this even though I am mixed because it does fracture the identity somewhat. I would much rather be able to say I am 100% Anglo, Saxon or a Swede etc. However I am proud of each of my diverse Germanic tribal heritages. To be honest I cannot tell much difference between an Australian girl who had Bavarian parents and one who had Anglo parents. If a Frisian girl liked a Frisian guy and Danish guy exactly the same then she should probably go out with the Frisian. But if she likes the Dane better she should go out with the Dane. I don’t look down on mixing among other Germanics in any way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aesthete For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast