View Poll Results: Proud of the mixture of proud of being

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am mixed and I like it!

39 22.81%
  • I am mixed, but I would prefer I'd belong to only one nation.

37 21.64%
  • I am e.g. a full Dutchman, but I would also enjoy having ancestors from different countries.

11 6.43%
  • I am e.g. a "pure Norwegian" and I can't imagine something else could be better.

44 25.73%
  • Both has advantages and disadvantages

27 15.79%
  • I don't know.

13 7.60%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Proud of the Mixture or Proud of Being "Pure"?

Last Online
    Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011 @ 07:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Schlesien
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Silesia Silesia
    Youth
    Occupation
    would-be historian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I think I wouldn't mind ancestry from closely related ethnicities. They don't really matter as long, as both parents decide to upbring their children in one leitkultur.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Schattenjäger For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Monday, November 8th, 2010 @ 08:43 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German/Welsh/Scottish
    Ancestry
    Germany(Prussia)/Wales/Scotland
    Subrace
    hallstatt nordic
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm 75% German, and 25% Welsh, Scottish and Irish. I don't view this as mixed actually, as all are representative of the "ideal" among those past political/idelogical groups most obsessed with the concept.

Provided that is the gauge by which you are measuring this theory.

Last Online
    Saturday, November 13th, 2010 @ 05:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Married parent
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In my opinion, Europe has had so many population movements, conquests, border changes, that ethnic 'purity' is a myth. The only really homogeneous ethnicity is the Japanese. Europeans, by nature, are diverse, as evidenced by the variety we see in hair color, texture, skin tone, eye color.

You have general population groupings, influenced by various events in history, geographic realities, and many, many other things, including unfortunately rape.

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 12th, 2020 @ 01:36 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    I am mixed, but that mixture is an amalgamation of roughly compatible (from a Colonial point of view), North-Western European, Germanic-Celtic groups. The vast majority of my ancestors were from the British Isles, chiefly Scotland, England, and Ireland (Ulster), with a few Welsh lines thrown in. The rest is comprised of German, Dutch, French, and Norwegian blood from Colonial times.

Now, culturally, the latter has long since vanished from my family's identity. With the exception of the German element, we were actually unaware of the rest until I did the research. The individuals in question all arrived in Canada during the American Revolution, married into families of Colonial English, Scottish, and Welsh origin, and have long since assimilated into the Anglo-Canadian fold. On the other hand, about half of my family is of recent British stock; we still have relatives in the UK, and I have spent a great deal of time over there. In terms of culture, I have had the greatest exposure to my English side, and I consequently feel more comfortable and "at home" in England than anywhere else overseas. My English blood, however, is barely a third of my background; my paternal grandmother is fully English, a native of Shropshire, and my maternal grandmother was of largely Colonial English descent.

In keeping with the Colonial notion of paternal supremacy in ethnic origin, I also consider my Scottish forbears key to my identity. My direct paternal ancestor was a Scot, a victim of the Highland Clearances, and the Scots in my other lines are about equal in number to my English element. To further confuse matters, my maternal grandfather was an Ulster-Scot of Lowland Scottish and English origin, but who identified as an Irishman (bear in mind his family left Ireland before the partition and the move by Protestants to establish a unique ethnic identity). I have only spent brief periods in Scotland and Ireland, however, and my relatives on these sides are either estranged or long since passed away. When contrasted to England, then, this part of my heritage is more alien, even if, strictly speaking, it is just as significant.

I will concede that I sometimes wish to hail from a more homogeneous ethnic background, and look on those who do with envy. However, I also take great pride in my ancestry, whether it is the British Islanders who are core to my identity today, the Germans after them, or the single Norwegian tobacco planter giving me that slight Nordic connection. Nor am I forgetting the handful of Dutchmen and Frenchmen. All of those people converged on these shores and, building isolated colonies into some of the greatest nations on Earth, proved that the European and Germanic race is supreme even when transplanted far from its native soil.

Last Online
    Monday, May 30th, 2011 @ 09:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cohee
    Country
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    electrical engineer
    Politics
    immoderate
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    element. To further confuse matters, my maternal grandfather was an Ulster-Scot of Lowland Scottish and English origin, but who identified as an Irishman (bear in mind his family left Ireland before the partition and the move by Protestants to establish a unique ethnic identity).
    I've been over there among them for a church conference. They are just Irishmen. They only emphasize the Ulster Scots thing when up against the Catholics. In Northern Ireland, they are British. When they come over to the States they wave around the Irish tricolor. They also hate the English more than the Southern Catholics. I'm not joking, they are completely batsh*t insane.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Resurgam For This Useful Post:

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Sunday, February 5th, 2012 @ 01:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    That's hard to say.

I know for sure I'm not one group. My parents have mentioned various European races, especially my grandpa. So me even suggesting I'm purely one group would be a lie.

I sometimes think, the world would be a lot more peaceful, with even the European races seperated, for instance only Germans in Germany, only Irish in Ireland, only Africans in Africa, etc.

But, at the same time, other creatures in Nature produce mixes... so you can't say its totally unnatural if it happens sometimes.

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 @ 08:58 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    I consider myself a pure blooded Englishman,on both sides of my family tree there is no hint of even any Scots/Welsh or Irish blood and this in itself in England is quite rare.

Saying that my ancestors came over in the Norman invasion so what is my true bloodline....?i am six feet four blonde haired and blue eyes so probably Scandinavian,North German.

Am i proud of this mixture,yes i am.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to flâneur For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Monday, July 30th, 2012 @ 01:29 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Austria
    Subrace
    Dinarid I guess
    Country
    Austrian Empire Austrian Empire
    Single adult
    Occupation
    student of law
    Politics
    NS
    Religion
    atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In my oppinion, it's similar to multiculturality. For instance, multiculturality is positive phenomenom if it's really abouth different CULTURES. So in according to that, if Swedes immigrate to Germany and other way arround it really is a positive thing from wich boath will prosper. If however it consists of bringing alien "cultures" like for instance turkish/arab/negro ones to some European contry, than it's not multiculturality at all in my oppinion, scince they don't present a valid culture in our scence of culture. Same goes for heritige. I think it's good to be diverse, even if it's within one nation (for instance if you are German wich has boath Bavarian and Prussian and Austrian heritige) because you see other noble cultures and costumes and always have some family and relatives in different parts of Europe (or other white continents naturaly)

PS. I think that that there aren't much people who can say for sure that they're of "pure" ethnic blood of any nation nowdays... Maybee Japanesse, Eskimos and Albanians ...

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 08:16 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English-American
    Ancestry
    English/England
    Country
    Single adult
    Occupation
    student
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    As far as I know I'm basically of English ancestry. I'm not totally sure though because my grandfather was adopted and we don't know his ancestry or anything.

Plus I've never really researched my family history, so it's possible I'm mixed with something else.
    Proud to be Germanic.

Even though my ancestry is English, Germany is my favorite country.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts
    There are different meanings of purity and admixture. For Great Britain and Northern Ireland, I'm hardly representative of the whole Union, but could be a good candidate for England with perhaps Cornwall and/or the Welsh Marches in mind, even if not so much as the Principality on the whole. The pre-1536 establishment of England without Wales, especially in the previous time when Lothian belonged to Northumbria and not Scotland, perhaps would be the conditions in which I've got my ethnic heritage. Furthermore, the only way in which I'm mixed at all, is as how an Englishman's regional interests differ from other Germanic folk, as they are otherwise influenced by their own conditions. There's no neutral Germanic standard of deviation by which to judge.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast