Nature shall prevail!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Slaughter of Animals for Food

This is a rather interesting site: The slaughter of animals for food

Quote Originally Posted by Intro from that site
    Approximately 750, 000, 000 animals and 650, 000 tons of fish are slaughtered each year for food in Britain. The number of fishes is not known because they are weighed, and small fishes are thrown back dead into the sea, because it is illegal to land them. Anglers catch an additional number of fish, and an unknown number of birds and rabbits are shot.

Last Online
    Friday, April 3rd, 2009 @ 09:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway, Paternal: Massachusetts
    Subrace
    I don't know Lundman's taxonomy.
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Connecticut Connecticut
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Occupation
    Nothing (retired)
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The slaughter of animals for food

Even though humans have generalized dentition which permits us to eat both flesh and vegetables, our metabolism is not equally well suited to both. Vegetable proteins are deficient in certain amino acids essential for human nutrition, especially for building muscle tissue....On moral grounds, I would prefer to be a vegetarian, however, I have discovered that I do not flourish on a purely vegetarian diet, even with assorted dietary supplements. Much probably depends on the type of diet to which one's ancestors were accustomed....Except , possibly, in some areas of Asia, vegetarianism has not been the diet of choice throughout most of mankind's 1-4½ million year history....Archæeological evidence has shown that one of the western cliff-dwelling cultures changed from a primarily animal to a primarily vegetable diet, probably due to loss of hunting grounds to hostile tribes. They died out apparently from malnutrition. (There's a joke that "vegetarian" is an old American Indian word meaning "bad hunter.") As a friend of mine, an enthusiastic hunter, told his children "Never kill anything unless you intend to eat it or it intends to eat you.".... This having been said, I am totally opposed to WASTE of food. I suppose that the return of dead small fishes re-inserts them in the marine food chain. Hunting for "sport", however, is often wasteful. Hunting for the pot is one thing, but killing just out of machismo is quite different. It reminds me of Oscar Wilde's famous definition of fox-hunting "The pursuit of the uneatable by the unspeakable."

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 06:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    We as humans are omnivores. WHich means that we eat both meat and vegetables. THus we kill animals for food. Which IMO is not wrong to do, but IMO one has to always consider the rules of honorable and nature-bound hunting: Only take as much as can regrow, and don't kill for pleasure! Likewise it would be unnatural to be just a vegetarian; and besides it would not be better for the environment either to only eat vegetables. There is a reason why humans are omnivores, and the reason is the environment. And in the environment it is healthy to eat both, and thus it is healthy for the environment to be giving both instead of more of either one. There's reasons for everything in nature.

Killing of animals for nothing, such as the way they slaughtered Bruno the Bear (Hel, if they wanted to catch him, they could have used bullets that make him unconsciou rather than kill, too!), should be condemned. But killing for food is tolerable, as long as it is done with respect to nature.

Just my two cents.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)