Thread: The Evils of Christianization: A Pagan Perspective on European History

Last Online
    Thursday, December 10th, 2009 @ 07:34 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris_bonecrusher
    I can really relate to what your saying here my friend, it seems that the huge bulk of arabians migrating to europe have been slowly but steadly imposing their Islamic ways on to europe in the name of multiculturism just like the Christians did,
    It does seem that way, considering how the Christians won over the ruling classes in Europe who then imposed the ideology onto the people. Now multiculturalism seems like the grease on the skids for the Islamization of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris_bonecrusher
    I can sort of relate to what you said as well, because the same has been sort of happening in my country with huge groups of latinos migrating here with no invitation, and making their own incredibely ridulous protest holiday made especially for skipping school and work
    That protest did not (unfortunately for them) bring the American economy crashing down. What a pitiful attempt.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 22nd, 2006 @ 01:06 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidarsson
    It does seem that way, considering how the Christians won over the ruling classes in Europe who then imposed the ideology onto the people. Now multiculturalism seems like the grease on the skids for the Islamization of Europe.

That protest did not (unfortunately for them) bring the American economy crashing down. What a pitiful attempt.
    HAHAHAHAHA!!! whoever would think that would make any economic difference or effect in anyway, must be an illogical villiage idiot

Last Online
    Thursday, December 10th, 2009 @ 07:34 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    From the article:

If we take the Vikings seriously, and do not simply dismiss them as savage, rapacious brutes, I think we can dare to pose the question of whether the various raiding and military activities of the Viking might not represent a progressively larger-scale and better organized Pagan counterattack against Christian, and particularly Frankish,expansion and imperialism. Just as the Franks went from small-scale attacks on Saxon border areas to large-scale conquest and colonization, so did the Vikings progress from hit-and-run raids on coastal sites like Lindisfarne in the late eighth century to mass invasion and colonization of England, Scotland, Ireland and other areas in the ninth century and beyond. It is to be noted that invading Vikings were often able to come to terms with local political authorities, but continued to devastate Christian institutions. For example, when the so-called “ Great Army” of Danish Vikings conquered the English kingdoms of East Anglia and Northumbria between 865 and 867, they quickly reached an accommodation with the local people and their rulers, but brutally ravaged the Whitby monastery. In such an instance, it would seem that the Vikings had a special grudge against the Christians.
    I've been reading another book where the author has the same theory:

"Highlanders: A History of the Gaels" by John MacLeod

But the Norsemen were, by nature, tolerant of other faiths. Christianity was in Iceland, and established by law, well before the eleventh century, when the Vikings converted wholesale to the new faith. What, then, lay behind the vicious raids on Iona, the slaighter of monks and priests, the wasting of churches, vestments, holy books? This was a reaction to another persecution - in Europe, by Charlemagne - of their own religion. The Holy Roman Emperor was determined to extirpate the Teutonic superstition. He burned temples, forced communities to convert at the point of the sword, slew the 'pagans' where he found them. In 782, after victory at Verden, he put 4,500 prisoners to death. Before then, the Vikings had taken no action against Christianity. For the next century, in the west of Scotland and elsewhere, they vented all their rage and fury on the followers of Christ, for the glory of Odin and Thor.

Last Online
    Friday, September 19th, 2008 @ 08:17 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What the first section of Julian's OP makes clear to me is that christianity--what one can take from a reading of the "gospels" and not the later, revisionistic, more judaic stuff from Saul/Paul--is not especially acquisitive. The first christians were standing around waiting for The Second Coming--heck they didn't even need a marriage ethic (see Bertrand Russell's "Marriage and Morals" for an interesting discussion of this).

Judaism, on the other hand, does hold to this chosen people superiority: if X is one of the chosen people and Y is not, then X has the god-given right to screw Y w/out mercy; witness modern Israel, founded on this bizarre ethic, conducting espionage against the US and trying to steal passports from New Zealand.

Absent any interest in conversion from judaic superiority, we see the roots of christian intolerance, although to steal one's faith as well as to subjugate them to a foreign government is as efficient a kind of genocide as there is, and a uniquely christian one (ask the nearest American Indian about that process!!)

What is most remarkable about the three OP's is that they show very clearly a stance many of us exemplify--we don't need to or particularly want to exert superiority over other faiths, folks or families but we damn sure aren't going to submit to that of others. Our ways are literally harm-less except to extremists who hope to try to stamp us out.

Finally, for every claim of 'inferior savage' levelled against most of the tribal peoples of the world (esp. the non-christian, non-jewish, non-islamic tribal peoples) there are a dozen examples of superior ethic, superior thought, superior social structure to overwhelm what passes for much of contemporary civilization.

But an honest look at history shows that we Heathens have no crusades (as do the christians), we do not demand conversion to our faith (in fact, it's more common that we discourage this), our ethics of personal responsibility are unmatched, we don't think "what's mine is mine and we'll negotiate what you get to keep of yours" (as is common to judaic ethics) and we don't institutionally dominate and humiliate the children and women in our daily lives (as is common to islam--I'd like to see someone try to veil Frigg or Freja).

Not to mention that we've a long and happy history of being awesome brew masters:

Deep thanks to Torquil for bringing Julian's posts back into the active realm; it would have taken a noob like me months to fall over them.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 05:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm the Old View Post
    Do we not see the same thing happening today with the incursions of Islam into Europe ? Will we recognize the threat in time and mount a more successful defense against it than did the Europeans of ninth century against Christianity ?.....Having failed in the Middle Ages to conquer Europe by military force, Islam is now resorting to a more insidious approach : corrupting foreign institutions by the influence of arrogant and demanding immigrants....Of course, the World Trade Center is no Irminsul , but, modern Christianity, divided by sectarian disputes, has no one religious monument of similar charisma and spiritual significance for the Muslims to destroy. Should they , however, again begin attacking Christian churches, as they have attacked Hindu temples in India, let the Muslims not forget that the Kaaba is not invulnerable.
    I'm determined not to be a patsy for Europe again. Our viking ancestors decided to play the European game and fight the Mohammedans for them, while otherwise being singled out as the evil within. Two waves of Germanic invasions, one of classical Rome, then the HRE, were sparked by invasions by Rome into the North. I don't mind a parallel existence, but I resist double-dealing Greco-Romans. Brexit Forever!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12