View Poll Results: What will it be?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blood

80 87.91%
  • Culture

11 12.09%
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Blood or Culture - What's Worth More?

Senior Member Stygian Cellarius's Avatar
    Last Online
    Saturday, May 12th, 2012 @ 04:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Germany, Ireland, Wales
    Subrace
    Sindarin
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Maryland Maryland
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Ontological Cryptanalyst
    Politics
    Religion
    Spiritual Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa View Post
    This is something everyone of our kind believes, it doesnt qualify nor disqualifies any thought or concept, yet it must be properly understood psychologically for having the self-reflection needed to reach higher Idealism on a meaningful level.

For having a deeper understanding of how things work and being at the same time dedicated and (relatively) rational, one has to look at things others might see very emotional on a lower level, from a more abstract and higher level.
    You really think that this is something everyone of our kind believes? I would think it improbable that it would even enter consideration, but they would agree with it if it were presented to them.

Certainly it does not have any true bearing on its truth content, but during the critical analysis of a man's beliefs, it is certainly in favor of a more fully developed system of consideration, which makes the acquisition of truth more probable, thus increasing credibility (not = to truth).
    Conversely, granted that biased opinion maybe less credible, it in itself, does not exclude the position from being correct, it just makes it less probable. A man raised with Greyhounds as pets, who has a natural bias for, and continually boasts of their performance, does not in any way reduce the fact that these dogs truly are superior athletes.

I'm not suggesting you did not know this (which always annoys me, even if that person couldn't possibly know what I know, it's annoying regardless), I just felt like talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa View Post
    You can't compare "different kinds of herds", what we have now is an environment for which active social people with a deep emotional involvement in daily life are more likely to "act social". Yet most of the time human societies were much more formed by rules and principles, rather "objective" and "factual" things, not personal orientation. You were born into group X with the belief-system Y, status Z and so on...in this structure you could grasp the relations on a more rational, structured and hierarchic base.
    What do you mean by the bold letters exactly? In what regard is this connected to my disposition of being "non herd-like"? I'd like to understand your meaning.
    yDNA: R1a1a1
    mtDNA: H4a1
    Ancestry Painting: 100% European
    23andme Global Similarity: Dead center of English Cluster

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by infratetraskelion View Post
    What do you mean by the bold letters exactly? In what regard is this connected to my disposition of being "non herd-like"? I'd like to understand your meaning.
    What I meant is that there is not just one form of social organisation, network, "herd" if you want to call it that way.

Some forms of group formations are better for this type of personality, others for that type of personality. If you live in an environment and society in which you dont have the option of coming and belonging to "a tribe" which would fit your needs, you might become solitary, while in another environment this wouldnt be the case and you would integrate easily.

Its also about timing, because certain developments caused by environmental influences can't be reserved and of course there are personality variants which would always have a difficult time to integrate into a larger social group - even more so with a collective spirit.

In most cases you could make, at least with enough knowledge, a list of personality traits and requirements - comparing them with each other and you will find out that there are requirements for which this or that trait is better.
    Its part of the current culture to mix up individualisation with a mass culture and environment, thats for some people more problematic than others obviously.

Probably this thread might be of interest for the topic, with a special consideration of psychological variants:
    http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=8778
    http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=53225

Did you make the MBTI? Could be interesting: http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=9853
    http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=90158
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Family
    Engaged parent
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Odinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts
    Blood is less flexible than culture.
    We are born with it.
    Lost culture can be regained within a generation,
    lost blood is harder to obtain back,
    takes many more generations.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Tradition
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Both are important. Many people underestimate the importance of culture. Both a bloodless person and a cultureless person are foreign. The main difference is the cultureless person becomes foreign, and unlike the bloodless person, he has a chance to change that. There are two categories of cultureless persons: one category is those who were educated that way and a second category is those who chose to abandon their culture on purpose. The second category is the worst of all. Abandoning your heritage on purpose is condemnable. Both a Germanic whigger or an Iranian who integrates in the Swedish culture and starts calling himself Swedish are undesirable.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Good point. This topic reminds me somewhat of the topic about dating former race mixers. I'm skeptical when it comes to people who abandoned their culture on purpose, as Bleyer said, just like I am skeptical of people who once dated alien races. I can't say for sure what the matter with them is, but I recall Valkyrie said something about lacking an inner, biological barrier. If everyone were so susceptible to media influence, we would all abandon our culture and heritage. But not everyone does that.

Thus, I would equally reject a whigger and a Negro. There are some things I can't compromise on, and one of them is selecting a fully compatible partner. My wife is a suitable partner for me and a good mother.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Norman & German
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    The question is similar to ideology vs. folk. Can one substitute the other? Not really, but there is always a lesser evil and a more positive, amenable choice.

An Iranian, born in Sweden by Iranian parents, who is completely adapting Swedish culture, language and lifestyle and "denying" the Iranian culture of his forefathers will never be a Swede.

A wigger who is Swedish by blood can never become an African. He doesn't have the genetics. But he can become a true Swede by renouncing wiggerish trends. So culture is something that can be influenced and changed. While blood can never be changed.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 12:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Except in cases of adoption the two are inseparable. They evolve together. Culture as evolutionary strategy.

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    There is a somewhat popular saying that "politics is downstream from culture," meaning that different cultures create different political systems, and, so thought the cultural marxist social engineers, if you can change the culture you can change politics too. What they actually did was wreck the culture and degrade the political system, which requires the culture of honor traditionally a part of Europe and her child-nations in order to work properly.

Likewise, culture is downstream from blood. We, as families, tribes, and nations, have developed a commonality of thought and action which became our cultures. Those cultures are unique to us. They could be imitated, as many East Asians have attempted to do, but without our blood, our souls, our collective memories, any culture trying to mimic ours would be utterly false. Trying to "integrate" alien peoples into our culture not only deprives them of their own collective souls, but poisons our own culture with foreign thoughts and deeds. The more multicultural a country is, the less one tends to trust his neighbors, even when they are of the same tribe.
    Most people think as they are trained to think, and most people make a majority.

Last Online
    Thursday, December 28th, 2017 @ 08:01 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Ethnic Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blod og Jord View Post
    Blood is less flexible than culture.
    We are born with it.
    Lost culture can be regained within a generation,
    lost blood is harder to obtain back,
    takes many more generations.
    I completely agree. I also think we'd have an easier time agreeing on who's racially Germanic, European, "White," etc. than on who is culturally.

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Daci, Suebi, Carpi & Bastarni
    Subrace
    Pontid/Baltid/Dinarid
    Single adult
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    430 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bärin View Post
    And since when are you so Germanic?
    Well, since I read more about Dacians being considered Germanics too and I became more aware of it... I opened at least two threads about these theories. And I am free to believe whatever I want on the topic, right? This is a forum of free speech... I know some people don't agree that Dacians are Germanics, but there are historical proofs and theories that confirm this too... But we are not making historical debate here, in this thread, right? There are other threads for this, and also none of us is historian, I suppose, so at this level we can only make assumptions and believe one theory or another. According to the theory that Dacians and Germans and other Germanics are all Germanics, I am fully Germanic myself. And yes, I was not aware about these until quite recently... I am only glad to be able to consider myself fully Germanic now, but I had to write "Daco-Germanic" in my profile description just to avoid some conflicts with other people who don't want to recognize Dacians as Germanics. Well, I don't mind it, I am still "Daco-Germanic", and important is how I feel about it myself, not what other people are thinking. On the other hand, I am sure some Daco-Romanians wouldn't want to be considered Germanics either, but it's their problem. Sooner or later things will be cleared about these historical issues too... but not sure how soon, and if we are going to witness this or not. A lot of things about the history of Dacia, from ancient times until now, are deliberately kept hidden and "they" don't want to make further research on it... But the truth always comes to the surface, sooner or later, so we will all find out and it will be the official history, not just "legends" or "stories" as some consider now...

Quote Originally Posted by Bärin View Post
    As far as I remember, you mentioned a German great-grandfather, which makes you only 1/8 Germanic. So you're the last person to lecture on what ethnic Germans do.
    Genetics don't work like Mathematics, so you are not entitled to say how much percentage I am German or not. Because again with this you are wrong. And I don't want to repeat what I already said above. Considering strictly the German side, I never said I am only 1/8 German, as far as I remember, and I would never ever say such a thing! Culture and the way in which someone is educated also matters, not only Genetics and Mathematics... So I am much more German than that. However, since you don't know me personally, but only by what you read here from my posts, you are also not the right person to decide about how much German or Germanic I am.

No offence, but I think you were a bit rude in your reply to what I wrote. I understand your stance in defending the family and its values, and also the Germanics, and I really appreciate you for this, but hey, I didn't want to mean all those things, I hope after this looong answer things are more clear and we can be friends now. Or at least don't be so bitter about me, thank you!
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.