In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Study Says Hip-Hop Listeners More Prone To Drug Use, Aggression

Not like I didn't know already, but....

Study Says Hip-Hop Listeners More Prone To Drug Use, Aggression

If you listen to rap music, you're more likely to use alcohol and drugs and to behave in an aggressive manner — at least according to a new study by the nonprofit Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation.

More than 1,200 California community-college students ages 15-25 took part in the study — titled "Music, Substance Use and Aggression" — and answered survey questions about their music-listening habits, use of alcohol and drugs and "aggressive behaviors," such as fighting or threatening people with violence.

The results found that almost 70 percent of the students who listened to music "daily or almost daily" listened to rap and hip-hop, and when that data was compared with the students' answers about alcohol, drugs and violence, the survey found that "substance use and aggressive behaviors among young people were significantly associated to certain genres of popular music," mainly rap, reggae, rock and techno.

Read more
    Lík börn leika best.

Last Online
    Tuesday, January 29th, 2008 @ 11:52 PM
    Occupation
    RN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I can beleive that...

When it is praised to do drugs, steal, disrespect women(and yourself), create violence in all forms, and kill, impressionable individuals will do it.

I am ashamed to say that when I was in high school, it was cool to listen to rap, and I did...but never acted out in listening to it( I just wanted to fit in). But the !@#$ that has come out in the last 5 years is just unbearable to listen to . It grosses me out at the lyrics that these so-called "artists" put out and then the idiots who go out and buy it.

And people wonder why our kids are as messed up as they are...all you have to do is cut the radio or TV on and it will take you about 2 minutes to see why :
    "I can stop trying to discover shortcuts or easy answers to why I feel dissatisfied at times. I am the only one who can make changes, right here and now."
    Dr William Brown

Last Online
    Thursday, April 21st, 2016 @ 09:44 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This is so true what can rap say to any white person how can a white person relate to this kind of rubbish.These days im sure most rap records are being purchased by white kids.Here in Ireland you can hear rap being blasted from every car owned by persons in their late teens and early 20,s.When i hear women listen to it it makes me think.I wonder what its saying to them when its main theme seems to be to treat women like objects why do hopefully self respecting women support this and put money in the pockets of these people.My mate in work saw some black film about a hairdressers or something with rappers in it and he said its the most racist film towards whites he,s ever seen now because there are rappers in it it will sell by the box load by white kids and they will think its great to be racist towards your own.Rap has got to be the most racist "artform" there is i mean if some white band said stuff about women and killing blacks it would be both racist and politically incorrect but why is it ok for them.
    Improvement makes straight roads but the crooked roads without improvment are roads of genius-----
    William Blake

Last Online
    Occupation
    RN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nordicdusk
    Rap has got to be the most racist "artform" there is i mean if some white band said stuff about women and killing blacks it would be both racist and politically incorrect but why is it ok for them.
    Very true. You have to look @ who is selling, marketing and producing this crap and you will find that it is people who are wanting to irradicate whites from the face of the earth.
    "I can stop trying to discover shortcuts or easy answers to why I feel dissatisfied at times. I am the only one who can make changes, right here and now."
    Dr William Brown

Last Online
    Thursday, December 10th, 2009 @ 08:34 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Regardless of the lyrics, most of which I can't understand anyway, the sound of rap is just loathsome. It's no more than heavy beats and constant swearing, with the bass turned up high. I'm proud to say I've never owned a rap album in my life. It seems rap cannot be played at a normal volume, but it HAS to be blasted. People don't seem to take into consideration that maybe others around them don't want to listen. In my mind rap is associated with everything vile, low-brow, and animalistic in our society.

In my neighborhood this goes on constantly. My black neighbors are the worst kind of noise addicts. If they aren't playing rap with the volume all the way up then they are shrieking at one another. We sometimes have to call the police to get them to turn off their stereos, but they just turn it back up when the cops leave. Needless to say, none of them are employed and never wake up before noon.

Sigh... I could go on and on.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 11:03 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidarsson
    I'm proud to say I've never owned a rap album in my life.
    I'm ashamed to say that I owned an Eminem album when I was 12 :runaway

I'm damnproud of that 1982 Falco LP ("Einzelhaft") though, and nothing is going to make me sell it (and yes, technically, he is "rapping" at some occasions)...
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd
    I'm ashamed to say that I owned an Eminem album when I was 12 :runaway
    Well I guess I did buy a used copy of Beastie Boys "Check Your Head" back in high school.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 11:03 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Well, not like it hasn't been know that hip-hop music is oft singing about very violent things that are then idolised.

What is also astonishing is the way that you have racially hating music on major labels. Compare it with any RAC band - they are usually band, and on small labels; yet Black, anti-White racism is treated the other way round. Why?

Bet you, if you look in a record store for "race hate music", then you'll find plenty of "me n ma nigga brothers couldint understaand da whit maan, so we we raped da white mans hoes insteaaad" as opposed to none that goes vice-versa. (And of course you have those accusing the BNP leader for being "vile" for letting his daughter sing a "racially hating music project" for singing a song about a collapsed coal mine, too...eyes: ). So it is no wonder that music that is often so hateful, and genuinely hateful, breeds real life hatred amongst its followers. And oft hatred ends in violence, and this is how you get it.

How white, middle-class kids get caught up in the strudel and support this and adopt that anti-culture too, is beyond my understanding...
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd
    How white, middle-class kids get caught up in the strudel and support this and adopt that anti-culture too, is beyond my understanding...
    So they can "stick it to da man" of course. The image of the romantic revolutionaries wearing gold chains and pants that fall off their asses must be a powerful one. When I was in my teen years I found rebellion against multiculturalism to be much more satisfying.

Last Online
    Occupation
    RN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidarsson
    Well I guess I did buy a used copy of Beastie Boys "Check Your Head" back in high school.
    Me too AND, Cypress Hill...don't ask...
    Dr William Brown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast