Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I'm noticing alot of traits in people here that I notice in myself and have for a long time felt that us Germanics are quite different to others.

I too am quiet, yet can be talktative once I get to know someone. I do not smile often nor do I engage in small talk which annoys my bosses, as they seem to think this small talk builds rapport or something.

I am never late and I do not like lateness in others. I like to get my work out of the way first and when I am at work it is about work. I am a loner and happy with that and have noticed I can be quite miserbale around others.

I am also quite comfortable sitting in silence even with people, I don't get much out of talking.
    I grew up on a belief of honour, courage and the old world values. The world isn't about that anymore, preferring to die a slow death of fast food and cheap thrills.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 18th, 2012 @ 03:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic American
    Ancestry
    German, Austrian &Swiss
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Grand + Great Grandparent
    Occupation
    Retired Auto worker-QC
    Politics
    Middle of the Road Conservative
    Religion
    Asatru/ Northern Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Hmmm.....It has been about 5 years since I posted on this thread.
    Since then, a bit has changed. My Dear Wife had to have a double operation to have both her knees replaced. She had to lose some weight, too. So, I put us on a diet. I do 95% of our cooking. She lost some weight. I have lost about 25 pounds. I am staying at under 220#'s now.

I'm still friendly and outgoing as always. In our travels around the Western USA we have met many Folks who call us "Friends". My Dear Wife is as friendly, outgoing and happy-go-lucky as I am. We are a good pair. We welcome friends to our Home frequently. My Dear Wife say's I've never met a stranger.

I'm a good home-brewer and we always have beer/ale, wine and Mead cool, in our fridge, to serve to guests. I have run an Asatru Kindred, as it's Leader, for 15 years, hosting the Kindred for a Blot and Feast, each month. And, my dear Wife is always happy to assist me.
    I'm a lucky, lucky old man.
    Last edited by Grimsteinr; Thursday, April 26th, 2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spellimg.....

Last Online
    Friday, May 29th, 2020 @ 01:23 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    German, Irish
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I have been described as stoic, quiet, serious. A good worker and I catch on quickly. I do well in leadership positions and have been told it is partly because I am able to be polite and friendly to workers yet still not their friend, an unspoken separation between myself and them.

I have been criticized for not praising people enough. I do not thank someone for doing their job.

I get along with women much better than most men.

I get along well with confident men.

I distain incompetence.

I feel most people talk too much. Shut up and get to work, talking can wait for sunset.

P.S. After re reading this I realized I need to get back to work.
    "Do not confuse "duty" with what other people expect of you; they are utterly different. Duty is a debt you owe to yourself to fulfill obligations you have assumed voluntarily. Paying that debt can entail anything from years of patient work to instant willingness to die. Difficult it may be, but the reward is self-respect."

Whamen Respekter
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    41 Minutes Ago @ 11:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    845 Posts
    When in the company of people I don't know well or have no interest in (which counts for most people), I usually keep quiet, as I have no desire to be friends with everyone I come across. But I always try to be as polite as my conscience and patience demands and permits me to be, although certain people just needs to be shunned. Among friends and people I know well, I spend most of the time just screwing around and generally being a goof. Other times, I can fall silent for long periods, being completely absent-minded and drifting off into my own thoughts, often with a dead-serious (supposedly "scary") expression on my face. I am often mistaken for being a "stoner" by certain people who don't know me well enough.

Oh...And I'm always late. Always.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 @ 07:28 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    north-western europe
    Ancestry
    norway,denmark,britain
    Subrace
    Mainly Hallstatt Nordid,
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Youth
    Occupation
    blacksmith
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Im Pretty normal on the surface. But when you start talking to me you will soon find out what i think of you, people i dislike get that "eye" that shows "i don't think you want to be talking to me", if im feeling reserved or bored ill tell with no shame, unless they have my full respect. Some people get scared of me, as i can be quite up for displaying my thoughts in various ways, but those that like me do LIKE to be around me although i can be a hand full I believe that there is a rumor going around that im a crazy nazi(rolls eyes) and some people have backed off although their not smart enough to ask me, so i wouldn't want a conversation with them anyway.

In real life im strong, proud, reserved when on my own, clean, nearly always happy, and willing to endure the consequences of my actions.

Enjoy being with a select few people the most, but i have quite a lot of "mates".
    And i love talking with someone who is enjoying the banter as much as me, otherwise it can be a little bit boring.

Oh, i analyse everything!

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 04:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Frisian, Saxon
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Politics
    Frisian nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    It surprises me as well, how similar everyone describes themselves.

I'm also the type that is introvert around people that i don't know well yet. When i get to know people better (and when i like them), i can be very talkative and outgoing. In the presence of a group of people i usually like to just listen to the few that are įlways talking, but every now and then i (try to) make some witty remark about the current subject. Always in only a few sentences though.

When alone with someone i got to know better, i can be very talkative though. I guess i don't like to be the center of attention, even though i'm very interested in the subject.

Or perhaps we all here are just Germanic Geeks with a lack of social skills
    Būter, brea en griene tsiis
    Wa't dat net sizze kin is gjin oprjochte Fries!

Lost in Melancholia
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Įsatrś/Forn Sišr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    I“m quite introverted and shy when it comes to establishing new contacts. That“s a remnant of my childhood days when I was very shy around too many people at one time or when confronted with unknown situations. Besides that, I have a great sense of humor and can laugh, tease and joke all day long when I“m fine, it almost borders foolishness sometimes. An aspect linked with my aforementioned habit is my chronic clumsiness: Often I feel as if Murphy“s Law is right behind my shadow. One could say that I have a foot-in-mouth disease (that“s the proper English idiom, isn“t it!?).

On the other hand I“m very sensitive and in need of a lot of love and harmony: I only feel perfect when I“m around people I like or love and when I“m at home or at least near home. I“m a very bad "go-away" person and home sickness is my constant partner.

Well, on the not so bright days of life I can be very melancholic and buried in thought. Some of my past threads circle around these topics and my tendency for melancholia and losing myself in past memories are my weak spots. My head is like a thunderstorm sometimes. Some people told me that I“m too friendly to people who don“t deserve such friendliness but anyway, I have good faith in most (Germanic) people and don“t give up on someone too easily.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 04:52 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Vest-Agder Vest-Agder
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Nationalist, yet hater of none
    Religion
    Love for Åsatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    We are all Granraude inside.

Please don't confuse the terms "nordid" and "nordic".

Lost in Melancholia
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Įsatrś/Forn Sišr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Granraude View Post
    We are all Granraude inside.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast