View Poll Results: Should females have the right to vote in political elections?

Voters
460. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

294 63.91%
  • I am not sure

30 6.52%
  • No

136 29.57%
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: Should Women Have the Right to Vote?

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Žoreišar View Post
    I don't think anyone has ever supported dictatorship for the sake of dictatorship. While democracies are popularly glorified and considered legitimate, in and of itself, simply because they are democracies. Democracy is highly process-oriented, while dictatorship is highly result-oriented. I'm non-dogmatic when it comes to process. Results are the only thing that matters in the end. And I think it's important that we as Nationalist and as Nations adopt that kind of mindset, especially as we're nearing minority status in our own homelands.
    Ok, maybe not you but most of people will first care (or look) something else than outcomes of longer scale matters (global warming? Excellent example). People are interest of their present/own lifes and their own living conditions (contemplate just their own's navels). That (natural/normal selfish of humans?) will always give huge free lead to democracy systems over dictatorship systems. How to get rid off unliked/unwanted leaders! Perhaps even so much that dictatorship system can never win. And if it would get in power (via force) ... people would fight againts it ... until it will fall again. Plus Russia, Chine, North-Korea etc. are really not examples which fits on Western World.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Germanique extraordinaire
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    41 Minutes Ago @ 03:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    789 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    That (natural/normal selfish of humans?) will always give huge free lead to democracy systems over dictatorship systems. How to get rid off unliked/unwanted leaders! Perhaps even so much that dictatorship system can never win. And if it would get in power (via force) ... people would fight againts it ... until it will fall again.
    Dictatorships usually arise under extreme conditions. Everything about the current trajectory of the West points to extreme social, political and economical conditions in the not-so-distant future.

Once the utility of dictatorship is gone, or the dictator dies, society may revert back to other, more open and inclusive forms of government. Take Francoist Spain for example.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,418 Posts
    Dictatorships usually arise under extreme conditions. Everything about the current trajectory of the West points to extreme social, political and economical conditions in the not-so-distant future.

Once the utility of dictatorship is gone, or the dictator dies, society may revert back to other, more open and inclusive forms of government. Take Francoist Spain for example.
    So in its best (now in modern era) ... it is just a temporary system? Hardly by then can solve the problems we are facing.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    789 Posts
    So in its best (now in modern era) ... it is just a temporary system? Hardly by then can solve the problems we are facing.
    Everything is temporary. Adapting to the circumstances and conditions is what leads to success. In the case of modern-day democracy, I think it has become quite clear that it cannot be counted on to solve our most pressing issues; mainly our long-term ethnic survival.

The question of ending women's suffrage is merely a hypothetical one. There is no chance it will come to pass under the current circumstances. There's no substantial support for ending it, neither among the people nor among the political elites.

I still think it's an interesting question, though, if for nothing else than to see what kind of mindset which is the contemporary norm. Especially in our own circles. If women (and men) can't even agree to support a measure (even a strictly hypothetical one) which would undoubtably lead to better conditions for their Nation to survive, with little other personal consequences than a hurt ego, then there's clearly an issue with one's state of mind.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,418 Posts
    Everything is temporary. Adapting to the circumstances and conditions is what leads to success. In the case of modern-day democracy, I think it has become quite clear that it cannot be counted on to solve our most pressing issues; mainly our long-term ethnic survival.

The question of ending women's suffrage is merely a hypothetical one. There is no chance it will come to pass under the current circumstances. There's no substantial support for ending it, neither among the people nor among the political elites.

I still think it's an interesting question, though, if for nothing else than to see what kind of mindset which is the contemporary norm. Especially in our own circles. If women (and men) can't even agree to support a measure (even a strictly hypothetical one) which would undoubtably lead to better conditions for their Nation to survive, with little other personal consequences than a hurt ego, then there's clearly an issue with one's state of mind.
    You are Norwegian (rich country => lucky person) .... so have you ever followed trade union policies (being part of our societies)? More closely so called achieved benefits? Like holidays (number of days annually), 5 days working weeks (= Saturdays always free), 40 hours working weeks etc. Those are something which are very difficult to take back / take away ... once those have been given to people. Why? Simply because people will not accept it (humans nature). It feels unfair. Right or wrong? Oh, that is not even a question here. Yeah ... I think we can skip theoretical (= BS) talks in this thread. Hot-headed French people will go to demonstrate even 0,1% size of matters vs those above ... and they fully feel rights to do so. So why women should accept to give away their rights to vote? Nope, we won't! If there really are not any other options / ideas to safe our people ... then we are in quicksand .... and there is no way out ... plus you (men) ... your gender (what comes to our race) will sink with us. Time to start to re-think strategies?

„Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Y-DNA
    I1a1
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    789 Posts
    You are Norwegian (rich country => lucky person) .... so have you ever followed trade union policies (being part of our societies)? More closely so called achieved benefits? Like holidays (number of days annually), 5 days working weeks (= Saturdays always free), 40 hours working weeks etc. Those are something which are very difficult to take back / take away ... once those have been given to people. Why? Simply because people will not accept it (humans nature). It feels unfair. Right or wrong? Oh, that is not even a question here.
    I would happily work 65 hours a week if it meant a substantially lower amount of immigrants were allowed into the country, and the number of women raped significantly decreased. Hell, I'd even give up my right to vote.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,418 Posts
    I would happily work 65 hours a week if it meant a substantially lower amount of immigrants were allowed into the country, and the number of women raped significantly decreased. Hell, I'd even give up my right to vote.
    Maybe so ... still your personal opinions have not much meanings until the clear majority of Norwegians will/would agree with those .

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Norman & German
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    I think it would be enough to establish a political framework which favors our objectives in the long-run. Take Bosnia, for example, where the Ottomans subjected the Christians to increased tax-burdens (jizya) in relation to the Muslim population. After a few generations, the vast majority of the population went from being Christian to being Muslim. Sustained and incremental tendencies towards a specific goal can work wonders.
    I find it highly unlikely that those tax burdens were the main reason behind the population turning Muslim though. The Ottomans subjected other Eastern Europeans to taxes as well and they didn't experience the same result. On the contrary, they revolted and tried to push out the Ottomans at some point.

I don't think anyone has ever supported dictatorship for the sake of dictatorship. While democracies are popularly glorified and considered legitimate, in and of itself, simply because they are democracies. Democracy is highly process-oriented, while dictatorship is highly result-oriented. I'm non-dogmatic when it comes to process. Results are the only thing that matters in the end. And I think it's important that we as Nationalist and as Nations adopt that kind of mindset, especially as we're nearing minority status in our own homelands.
    I doubt that the average person who supports democracy supports it because of an idea. They support it due to conditioning and results (for example human rights or economic security, things they can benefit from personally). As FS said, such people also don't like to have what they have taken away from them. Something we must also keep in mind is that to many people, the survival of the nation/race is as abstract an idea as any other. If it is also presented as something that requires giving up certain material comforts, it's bound to be ignored or even rejected.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Norman Pride For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Scania Scania
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,418 Posts
    One comment to add this thread:

Lets imagine shortly that women would not have rights to vote (that would have been taken away from us).

Lets assume that the policies which countries do would change more harder and less unforgiven.

Lets assume that attitudes against immigrations, refugees, helping other people would become harder

Lets assume that environment issues (ect. soft values) would become less important and hard values like rising/growing economies etc. would become even stronger (''no matter of the costs'').

Lets also assume that corruption etc. would become bigger.

Ok, the basic problem with that kind of theoretical talks (= taking away womens rights to vote) ... is not only the thing I mentioned earlier (= It is very difficult to take away something which have already been given) ... nope ... it is also the cold fact: women would not dissapear anywhere. If all women from country A would just the same time move away to countries B, C, D ... then yes ... that would be fine. Guys alone in country A could then just do anything they wish. But I doubt men really wants that ... at least so called normal men . Meaning here: ... like it or not ... the societies consist of men but also women. Skipping/pushing another someway out ... that would not cause anything positive. I repeat myself here: People are selfish creatures! Nobody here can trust that some other could look his/hers best interests better than him/herself. Or believe on that. Same goes with women. Oh, there are reasons (history => values of our socities) why techers or kindergartners saleries (as being academic people and having many years education behind) are much much worse/lower than for example blue collar workers in pulp & paper mills.

If we think about votings and elections ... the only way would go something like this (first step last).

4.) We should turn more women voting ''better ways''

3.) We should get more women members involved to movements (sharing their views & visions and just to examples)

2.) We should get more realistic nationalist parties/agendas/politics (instead of todays populists).
    Clever smart people who have answers to all matters ... ones who will not try to put all the problems
    in the names of immigration.

1.) We should change the attitudes from hate & anger to positive ones ... culture, heritage etc. I have
    not faced a girl who would be someway shame of being Swede (especially in Sweden) or Finn
    (in Finland). So deeply inside us (majority) value our roots .... just like everyone. How that comes
    out and how strongly ... differs from guys.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    9 Minutes Ago @ 03:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    480 Posts
    It's not theory. Women vote left men vote right. As long as women vote we're wasting our time. They'll simply undo any progress we'd make. If only men were voting and people suggested we take in millions of subhuman invaders they'd be laughed out of the country. Right now we're under judgment from GOD and women rule. We can all see the result.