Country
    Iceland Iceland
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

What Is Beauty?

The golden section gives us measurements to explain what beauty is. Also the media show us everyday how a beautiful man or woman must look like. But is this true?

What is beauty for you? What makes a person, no matter if man or woman, beautiful and attractive?
    Lík börn leika best.

Last Online
    Friday, August 17th, 2007 @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutwölfin
    The golden section gives us measurements to explain what beauty is. Also the media show us everyday how a beautiful man or woman must look like. But is this true?

What is beauty for you? What makes a person, no matter if man or woman, beautiful and attractive?
    Obviously physicalities make someone attractive initially but if they have a horrible personality and/or no yearning for knowledge then their cover is blown.

I, personally, am attracted to highly intelligent men who have aspirations to pursue something greater than the "average" man might. These men, for me, tend to be of the European persuasion (usually German or Swedish), and ocassionally American men of European descent with interests in Nature, Literature, History and other topics of similar ilk.

As far as physical nature goes I tend to lean toward taller men (5'10" to 6'5") with long hair of any natural color and broad shoulders.

But there are many people out there that I wouldn't necessary find physically attractive who have amazing personalities that more than "make-up" for what may be "lacking" in the physical aspect.
    I believe that religion, generally speaking, has been a curse to mankind - that its modest and greatly overestimated services on the ethical side have been more than overcome by the damage it has done to clear and honest thinking.

...that no discovery of fact, however trivial, can be wholly useless to the race, and that no trumpeting of falsehood, however virtuous in intent, can be anything but vicious.

...that all government is evil, in that all government must necessarily make war upon liberty...

...that the evidence for immortality is no better than the evidence of witches, and deserves no more respect.

...in the complete freedom of thought and speech...

...in the capacity of man to conquer his world, and to find out what it is made of, and how it is run.

...in the reality of progress.

I - But the whole thing, after all, may be put very simply. I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie...to be free than to be a slave...to know than be ignorant.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 06:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    First of all, I would like to state that all this is not a question of beauty, but one of attractiveness. I believe that beauty is an objective thing, but that attraction is a subjective thing - this is why you may find a person beautiful, but you do not fall in love with them; this is why one's girlfriend might be classed as "dead ugly" or "minging" by your best friend.
    As such I can also view a black man to be beautiful in the sense of aesthetic-looking - but I will only find straight Northern European women attractive; if you understand what I mean with "Beauty is objective, attractiveness is subjective".

For ease, I will use the word "beauty" in this post, however in the stead of "attractiveness"; for using any other wording would only confuse people.

As it goes further, beauty to me is not something that can be described in only a few aspects; it is indeed something that is determined by many factors. As such, beauty is made up of a physical, a mental and a social factor. I.e. What would I do with a FHM Model that cannot count to ten? What would I do with the most intelligent woman if she does not arouse me in the shared bed? What would I do with a woman that is afraid to go out of her house, because she is to shy for life?

As such, for me, a woman would need to have a balanced combination between physical beauty, intelligence and social skills. This does not mean that she has to be a model celebrity member of MENSA. I don't want the "perfect woman", but instead a person whom I can accept with all her virtues and vices, and her to do the same thing. Maybe it is just me, but love and beauty is something that has become something very superficial these days, and it results in too many beautiful girls suddenly deciding that they wish to be "cyberhoes".
    What I mean is that she must be able to comfort me when I feel alright; she should be able to lead a conversation on a rather high level, and she should look homely and above all, natural - I cannot stand blonde girls deciding that they need a tan beyond any European level or brunettes that decide that they need to die their hair peroxide blonde, or those that are a brittle stick of anorexia. Likewise, I cannot stand women who have more breasts than sense; nor can I stand women who have absolutely no consideration for those around them - regardless of how many Maths-Olympics or Miss World-Competitions they have won.

If we talking about the "ideal" person in a physical sense, then beauty, for my case is defined by a woman who is somewhere between 5'5" and 5'9" tall, has long strawberry blonde hair, with greenish-blue eyes.
    It might well happen though that she is 5'3" or 5'11" tall, or that she might be brunette; only the light eyes are somewhat settled - for some reason - and that means blue, green or grey. -> For some reason I find that I have a certain weakness for women with light eyes.

What I find a most attractive for a womanto have is a sense of self-consciousness, determination and pride. If she knows what she wants and is somewhat stable in her outlook on life then I view that as something honorable; and, just to add it, she would be the one to bear me strong and determined kids.

Again, I will emphasize that I am not looking for the ideal woman - and probably if I met my "ideal" woman, then I would hardly fall in love with her. I am imperfect, we are all imperfect; and although we should always stride to be the best we can - a perfect person is boring!
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Senior Member +..CrimsonDawn..+'s Avatar
    Last Online
    Friday, October 1st, 2010 @ 12:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    irish
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i havent got an ideal image of beauty, if i find someone attractive im never quite sure why,can never pin it to just one thing. i think maybe it has more to do with how a person presents themselves, their body language etc. u could see a person and find them visually attractive on first sight, then it can be easily ruined by their demeanor. someone could be aesthetically pleasing but have a nasty personality which in my opinion is more ugly than anything. although i do like eyes, i think u can learn alot about whethr a person is truly beautiful by their eyes. because i think u can glimpse their true self through a persons eyes.
    +.. This Too Shall Pass..+

Last Online
    Thursday, April 21st, 2016 @ 08:44 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thats true the eyes never lie.Yes looks can lead to lustful taughts of a person and that can get in te way of how you feel about a person.

Last Online
    Friday, August 17th, 2007 @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Eyes are windows to the soul they say. Eyes are extremely important!
    I believe that religion, generally speaking, has been a curse to mankind - that its modest and greatly overestimated services on the ethical side have been more than overcome by the damage it has done to clear and honest thinking.

...that no discovery of fact, however trivial, can be wholly useless to the race, and that no trumpeting of falsehood, however virtuous in intent, can be anything but vicious.

...that all government is evil, in that all government must necessarily make war upon liberty...

...that the evidence for immortality is no better than the evidence of witches, and deserves no more respect.

...in the complete freedom of thought and speech...

...in the capacity of man to conquer his world, and to find out what it is made of, and how it is run.

...in the reality of progress.

I - But the whole thing, after all, may be put very simply. I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie...to be free than to be a slave...to know than be ignorant.

Last Online
    Thursday, April 21st, 2016 @ 08:44 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    They are like a hand shake you can tell who a person truely is by these things alone.

Senior Member +..CrimsonDawn..+'s Avatar
    Last Online
    Friday, October 1st, 2010 @ 12:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    irish
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the person may lie,but the eyes betray them. its so true,them being the windows to the soul.its an often used phrase but it does make alot of sense.i fell for someone, and when i eventualy got to really look in his eyes,i fell in love,deep. its so strange and beautiful. eyes that let you look right into the person.
    +.. This Too Shall Pass..+

Last Online
    Friday, July 10th, 2009 @ 02:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd
    First of all, I would like to state that all this is not a question of beauty, but one of attractiveness. I believe that beauty is an objective thing, but that attraction is a subjective thing - this is why you may find a person beautiful, but you do not fall in love with them; this is why one's girlfriend might be classed as "dead ugly" or "minging" by your best friend.
    Yes. You caught the wind of what I was going to say when I started reading this thread.

I am appealed to those fine women who [are nordish, very much so, with a preference towards Scandinavian ] are not physically centerfold beautiful, ones without all the gobs of makeup, the miscolored hair and the portable jewelry store a lot take with them, but ones who presents themselves in a plain fashion. The one who color themselves up are "lookable", but they rarely appeal to me. I am terrible at figuring out personality traits, but the qualities that I see on the outside I feel, reflect the inner spirit; plainness in view tells me she is modest in spirit, but her modesty doesn't exclude pride and a yearning for good things. If this is true of those I see, then a big smile would appear on my face. She is someone who has no one to impress, she naturally impresses by her far-from-perfect presentation alone.

The rare case when I see a girl who has these features, I tend to fight myself more not to look. Being that I feel like a complete oaf around women that I like, my reaction is partially understandable (I have no excuse, really.) I remember a week or two ago seeing such a girl: glasses, blondish hair, plain dressed, reading a book without looking pretentious, while on the train heading home. I wish I said something ... when I looked, did she look back, interested? Blah ...

Last Online
    Sunday, January 4th, 2009 @ 04:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Hedmark Hedmark
    Family
    Having a longtime compani
    Occupation
    I'm a parasite, I sell stuff.
    Politics
    Man marks the Earth with ruin.
    Religion
    Nature shall prevail!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I find nordish women to be the most beautifull.
    And I would like more a "average" looking woman than a "supermodel" woman.
    I would like a girl which think like me, I would not have a woman that is like the female version of me, but someone who shares my feelings and meanings of various stuff.
    All in all:
    - A girl which I find attractive, which share my way of thinking and is social and if she's shy or not: I don't care(If she are afraid to leave the house, that is a dilemma for me)
    I would rather have a cute woman than a "sexy" woman.

But I am just a teenager, and the heart and thoughts of a teenager sadly changes alot. So we'll see.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast