In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergreen
    Over the counter medications seem to have ceased working altogether, as though I have built up immunity to them. I do not currently have health insurance, and simply cannot afford to go to the doctor. This is just the abridged version of my current health woes.
    Well you have to cut down on some other expenses and go for a CT or an MRI (CTs are cheaper). This may not be serious at all but it is not a good idea to ignore such symptoms..

Last Online
    Tuesday, January 29th, 2008 @ 10:52 PM
    Occupation
    RN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I hate to hear of your woes as well

This is a depressing time of year, and I too know w/sick kids and the stresses of everyday life, it can be hard to stay motivated or find pleasure in the things we do that normally make us happy. But, as you can see, you have A LOT of support here! Being new to this Faith, I will tell you that this forum has been the most insightful of all the ones I have visited and I have been made to feel the most welcomed!!

Stay strong my friend, and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts!!!
    "I can stop trying to discover shortcuts or easy answers to why I feel dissatisfied at times. I am the only one who can make changes, right here and now."
    Dr William Brown

Last Online
    Sunday, November 11th, 2007 @ 10:53 PM
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid? + East-Baltid?
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Occupation
    Historical Costumer
    Politics
    NS leanings
    Religion
    Folkish Norse Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergreen
    I am suffering from chronic headaches, the likes of I have never experienced before. I usually go to sleep each night with a folded up heating pad over my forehead and eyes, and wake up with an almost surreal pain in my neck and shoulders.
    here is your problem, chronic pain, even minor but especially in the neck and head, can throw everything off -literally it can throw off the bones in your head and affect the blood, nerves and even hormones and just feeling the pain can deteriorate ones well being. The trick is figuring out the source. Stress -internal or external, an allergy -mold or wheat, sleeping wrong -mattress or pillow, holding yourself wrong during the day -wrong shoes, just habits, a joint out, an illness... Many of these you can check out without seeing a doctor. (Doctors, in my experience, sometimes just make things worse and don't actually solve the problem, if you do get a chance to see a pro a chiropractor might be a good choice especially if you can get a good recommendation) Ack, there is only so much I can suggest without visuals but here are some general things to try (if you haven't already :-). Try to breathe well, we tend hold our breath to avoid the pain which makes it worse. Same with posture, if we are tired and feel bad we are more likely to stand/sit badly which just makes it all worse. Try to stand/sit straight but in a relaxed way -as if you are hanging from a string from the center of your head. Try laying flat on a hard surface on your back without a pillow, try with your knees up as well. Try rubbing fairly hard right at your occipit (it will hurt but that is good) and rubbing gently at your temples. I use white flower oil (a chinese thing) on temples or arnica cream wherever something hurts. Switch your pillows and/or how you sleep, try a different sleeping surface if you can. I've had problems that were from sleeping in a bad position, feels good to fall asleep in but not good for long periods. Get at least 15 mins of sun on your face a day -get a full spectrum light bulb for a lamp you are under alot -only a few dollars, I got mine at a health food store. Try ice instead of heat, heat relieves pain but cold helps ease inflammation and allows healing. Look up accupreasure points, you can find charts on-line and rub the points yourself. At the very least something there might help your mood a bit and maybe give you more of an idea of a source even if only by elimination. And the act of working on it will help if it's psychological:-)
    Do what you need to do, we'll still be here when you are ready:-)

Last Online
    Thursday, April 21st, 2016 @ 08:44 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Stay strong and it will all come clear in your head we all need an emotional rest every once and a while.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 15th, 2012 @ 05:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I seemed to have vanished from the forum myself...but it wasn't from lack of interest to post...but rather lack of interest and annoyance at my computer . ...Also, I have been very busy with various going on's in my life.

Last Online
    Sunday, January 4th, 2009 @ 04:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Hedmark Hedmark
    Family
    Having a longtime compani
    Occupation
    I'm a parasite, I sell stuff.
    Politics
    Man marks the Earth with ruin.
    Religion
    Nature shall prevail!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How do you feel now Boss?

Last Online
    Thursday, February 28th, 2019 @ 02:57 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European Ancestry
    Country
    United States United States
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagnraad
    How do you feel now Boss?
    Much better, thanks.

a.k.a. Slå ring om Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    State
    Arkansas Arkansas
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Tides and times...

It is like breathing, like the tides, like painting and composing...

One have to withdraw completely sometimes, or ones creativity burns out.
    Trust somebody to keep the fort for you, take a few days completely off forums, and let your hunger build up again...

Well, this is how it works for me. I have nearly not painted for months, but will explode in creatvity soon...Building up hunger...

Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think we all loose this from time to time. Is it a depressing time of year..?

During the fall and winter months, some people suffer from symptoms of depression that can appear gradually or that come on all at once. These symptoms often dissipate when spring arrives and stay in remission through the summer months. Symptoms of depression that come during the colder months can be associated with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). This mood disorder is often attributed to the lack of light during the colder months of the year.

"SAD is a real mood disorder that requires diagnosis and may require treatment. If you regularly experience a significant, lasting, downturn of mood when the weather gets colder and daylight lessens then you should consider consulting a psychiatrist or other health professional to discuss your symptoms," says Douglas Jacobs, M.D., Executive Director of the nonprofit organization Screening for Mental Health and Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.

SAD has been linked to a biochemical imbalance in the brain brought on by the shortening of daylight hours and a lack of sunlight in winter. The most difficult months for SAD sufferers are January and February. Younger persons and women are thought to be at higher risk. There is also some evidence suggesting that the farther someone lives from the equator, the more likely they are to develop SAD.

Whereas the exact number of Americans suffering from SAD is not known, it is believed that between 10 and 20 percent of the U.S. population may suffer from mild symptoms associated with the disorder. These symptoms can include:

- excessive sleeping, difficulty staying awake, overeating, and weight gain during the fall or winter months;

- feelings of extreme fatigue, inability to maintain regular lifestyle schedule;

- depression (feelings of sadness, loss of feelings, apathy) combined with irritability;

- lack of interest in social interactions, losing interest in activities of enjoyment;

- remission of symptoms in the spring and summer months.

Those suffering from mild cases of SAD can benefit from additional exposure to the sun. This can include a long walk outside or arranging your home or office so that you are exposed to a window during the day. For many suffering from more severe cases of the condition, light therapy (phototherapy) has proven an effective treatment option. This form of therapy involves exposure to very bright light (usually from a special fluorescent lamp) for a few hours each day during the winter months. Additional relief has been found with psychotherapy sessions, and in some cases, prescription of antidepressants.

"Getting screened and evaluated is a smart, sensible way to take care of your health and ensure that you can enjoy the pleasures of the season," says Jacobs. Symptoms of SAD can be confused with other medical conditions, such as hypothyroidism or viral infections like mononucleosis, so a proper evaluation by a medical professional is crucial.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/16789.php
    I wonder if this could be a part of the low posting ..? Or did we all just need some gossip to awaken our souls to dance..?
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, June 12th, 2010 @ 07:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Deitsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Now I'm sad Mrs. Lyfing, you've revived a BuB thread.

OT: I work in waves. I'll have a week or two of solid posting and then nothing for a month.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12