Country
    United States United States
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Lost the Will to Post

I find myself in a bit of a conundrum, if you will. I, being the owner and administrator of an internet discussion forum, have basically lost the will to post, even on my own forum.

Hopefully, I wil change this with this very thread. I sit here, in front of my computer, night after night, with an aching back, a mind racing with thoughts, and no will to transfer any of them to my monitor. I find myself easily distracted, and wholly uninterested in anything going on here.

I wish it weren't so.

I am looking to change that.

Perhaps I am just burnt out on forums? I have been an active member of many forums for many years now. I guess I had been hoping that over the two years that this forum has been alive, it would have been more self-sustaining than it is. For that, I apologize.

Of course, my life is drastically different from what it was when I started this forum.

Alas, even as I write this, I am uninterested in finishing it. 15 minutes have probably vanished since I started this thread. And what's the point? I certainly don't have one. Now I am tired and wished I hadn't started this thread, but I will submit it regardless, in hopes that a cure for my ailment is waiting in a future post...

Last Online
    Friday, July 25th, 2008 @ 07:41 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everything changes after all...
    Heil Ewige Rückkehr des Lebens! Heil Übermensch!

Last Online
    Sunday, November 11th, 2007 @ 10:53 PM
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid? + East-Baltid?
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Occupation
    Historical Costumer
    Politics
    NS leanings
    Religion
    Folkish Norse Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I often lack the will to post as you described, many thoughts but to try and lay them down into words that would convey my meaning and matter takes a focus I'd only occasionally have. Now get me in person and I'll go on forever;-) Forums have their uses but from what I have seen is that the more active forums have a great deal of worthless posts and are to a great extent spurred on by drama. I wouldn't want to feel like this is a party circuit that I have to show up for every event or I'm off the gate-list! I'd rather it be an occasional quiet fireside to exchange hopeful and/or genuine thoughts with people who are at the root like me: Folkish! But it will never be a replacement for the real thing no matter how helpful it has been. Just as a phone call from one's love is never as good as their arms around you, this will always be a substitute for real community/family. I don't think I'm the only one who feels this. Don't get me wrong finding you people out there who actually think/feel as I do in so many ways has been a godssend but in the end it's on a frickin computer and we worship nature!
    I'm going to end my genuflection to this plastic deity and go make dinner and sew some bedding:-)

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, August 16th, 2019 @ 06:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Time will heal, Boss.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Saturday, July 14th, 2007 @ 09:32 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergreen
    I find myself in a bit of a conundrum, if you will. I, being the owner and administrator of an internet discussion forum, have basically lost the will to post, even on my own forum.

Hopefully, I wil change this with this very thread. I sit here, in front of my computer, night after night, with an aching back, a mind racing with thoughts, and no will to transfer any of them to my monitor. I find myself easily distracted, and wholly uninterested in anything going on here.

I wish it weren't so.

I am looking to change that.

Perhaps I am just burnt out on forums? I have been an active member of many forums for many years now. I guess I had been hoping that over the two years that this forum has been alive, it would have been more self-sustaining than it is. For that, I apologize.

Of course, my life is drastically different from what it was when I started this forum.

Alas, even as I write this, I am uninterested in finishing it. 15 minutes have probably vanished since I started this thread. And what's the point? I certainly don't have one. Now I am tired and wished I hadn't started this thread, but I will submit it regardless, in hopes that a cure for my ailment is waiting in a future post...
    You need a break from the Internet. Its usually a sign of a general life malaise IMO...
    Don't do what I did last time though, and tear your PC off the table and bodyslam it in a drunken fit of rage & frustration. Expensive & idiotic :

Take your kids fishing. Go Mushroom picking. Crank your guitar out again and compose. Go on a few day trips to places nearby you've always wanted to see but never got around to (Lakes, National Parks, Museums), ride your bike around your neighbourhood to see "your world" in a different way (you'll be surprised at the things you miss just driving all the time), etc. If you get out under the Sun and make your brain process new things, fresh sights, you'll feel rejuvenated in time. No point faking it, life just feels worse and worse if you just plod on.

My 2cents.

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2012 @ 10:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The time of year doesn't help (yes, SURT, I know you're probably basking in the lovely summer sun! ).
    Have you noticed a slow-down since BuB was offline for several weeks last summer? Or since the Hurricane?
    Sometimes I feel like you are now, Evergreen. I get on the Internet out of habit, and flit from one forum to the other, and not one new subject interests me into a reply, let alone starting a Thread of my own.
    And, to my dismay, I realise that I'm actually bored reading the forums I used to look forward to visiting after work.

But then, after a day or 2, I read a post that awakens my will to post.
    btw Hope you're not building up to some final announcement here...

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Yes, I know what you mean, good Folkish. Interests and hobbies of mine wax and wane--sometimes prolific and other times taking a backseat. Such is the nature of things but also a bit of a mystery as to why activities and pursuits of ours have this characteristic.

My forum participation--here and elsewhere--has certainly been at a low water mark recently myself. There are times that I feel and wish that I should and would post more....but at this point, I've pretty much accepted the ebb and flow of such things and I know that I'll jump in the fray with more zest and zeal in the future.

Time is often an issue for me--posting and especially quality posting takes quite a lot of time. This is a luxury that many do not have--particulary, I would imagine anyway, a family man and father such as yourself.

Be well and let us know how you're doing!

Last Online
    Thursday, February 28th, 2019 @ 02:57 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European Ancestry
    Country
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I am doing fine, I guess. My youngest son is sick with an ear infection and mild case of bronchitis, so I've been at the doctors office with him this morning. As l was leaving the office, I managed to slip and twist my leg, and now have shooting pains up to the knee. I am suffering from chronic headaches, the likes of I have never experianced before. I usually go to sleep each night with a folded up heating pad over my forehead and eyes, and wake up with an almost surreal pain in my neck and shoulders. Even as I type this, the pain is present, and growing.

Over the counter medications seem to have ceased working altogether, as though I have built up immunity to them. I do not currently have health insurance, and simply cannot afford to go to the doctor. This is just the abridged version of my current health woes.

On a more positive note, I have been shooting more actively than I have in the past year.

Overall, I just feel mentally exhausted all of the time. Hopefully this is just a temporary problem.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 28th, 2019 @ 02:57 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European Ancestry
    Country
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Storm

btw Hope you're not building up to some final announcement here...
    Like what?
    I don't have any intentions on closing for forum, if that's what you mean, although the thought has certainly crossed my mind for a brief moment or two. In the end, though, that would solve nothing and there would be no sense in taking away the forum from everyone simply because I don't feel like posting.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 10:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    You're working too hard, boss...

Take some time to relax, enjoy your family, go out, play with your kids...

Do not neglect yourself, take care of your health, follow the prescriptions and everything..

Meanwhile we'll be doing our best to think of something to cheer you up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast